Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shame on You Lurie ...
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Bocadelphia Eagles John
Lurie bought the Eagles in 1994, 8 years before the Houston Texans were formed AS AN EXPANSION TEAM.

That expansion team has just impressed in it's first game for this year's Lombardi Trophy. The Eagles sit deflated, in shambles, with an immediate past history of steady failure and disappointment. looking forward to a high draft pick and NO presence in the after season REAL season march towards the trophy.

The OWNER of our franchise, one that has existed since BEFORE the very 1st super bowl was ever played, is a failure if measured by this perspective.

Shame on you Lurie. Your ownership is a cancer. What are you going to do about it ?

I spoke about the Texans before this season started, promoting a concept of which team between Houston and Philadelphia might be the first to carry home the trophy. The reality and truth is, Houston has a shot THIS YEAR and the Eagles have NO CHANCE now and most likely for at least a few years or so more.

What a fu*k up this is. Today I feel ASHAMED to be an Eagles fan.

Dreagon
Whoa, dude! You have an owner who gets himself a coach and a GM, and then gets out of their way. Believe me, that's what you WANT!
Zero
Dig it. We could have Jerry Jones. wacko.gif
TGryn
We had our shot in '04. Trying to get back to the Super Bowl quickly with short-term fixes is what got us to where we are today, and Lurie admitted that in his presser:
http://www.csnphilly.com/football-philadel...&feedID=692
"I think that in the last couple years we've done things that have not been as consistent. They've been more scattered in terms of decision making. You notice it with any organization that has had a lot of success that you will start to reach thinking, 'That's the thing that's going to [get us over the top], that's the player, that's the method, that's the mechanism, that's the coach, that's the thing that is going to put us over the top.' At the same time you're dealing with a franchise quarterback that was descending and therefore you're even more motivated before a player hits rock bottom or you're without a franchise quarterback, that you're going to reach and do certain things.
"So I think we lost some of the exact nature of the method that we've all shared that created the success, which was discipline, strategic thinking, and don't do necessarily what is popular but do what's right. It's kind of a human thing and I take some responsibility for that because I was right out in the forefront for [the thought of], 'Let's do anything we can to try to win a Super Bowl for the city and our fans.' At times you probably had to be a little more self disciplined and say, 'Doing that and injecting that into the locker room, affecting the chemistry of the team maybe in some way, that's not the best thing to do.'

We need to get back to what we were doing during Reid's better years. Build around the draft, and build the lines first. Stop trying to use big-name FAs as bandaids, and stop extending guys who are popular but aging.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Bocadelphia Eagles John @ Jan 5 2013, 09:15 PM) *
Lurie bought the Eagles in 1994, 8 years before the Houston Texans were formed AS AN EXPANSION TEAM.

That expansion team has just impressed in it's first game for this year's Lombardi Trophy. The Eagles sit deflated, in shambles, with an immediate past history of steady failure and disappointment. looking forward to a high draft pick and NO presence in the after season REAL season march towards the trophy.

The OWNER of our franchise, one that has existed since BEFORE the very 1st super bowl was ever played, is a failure if measured by this perspective.

Shame on you Lurie. Your ownership is a cancer. What are you going to do about it ?

I spoke about the Texans before this season started, promoting a concept of which team between Houston and Philadelphia might be the first to carry home the trophy. The reality and truth is, Houston has a shot THIS YEAR and the Eagles have NO CHANCE now and most likely for at least a few years or so more.

What a fu*k up this is. Today I feel ASHAMED to be an Eagles fan.

Boca, you're too smart for this. In a league where teams can dramatically turn things around in 2-3 years, their length of existence is meaningless.
Rick
Houston impressed yesterday? You mean how they barely beat a team who's offense couldn't move the ball at all?

Not sure what was so impressive. If they play that way next week the Patriots will beat them by 40 points...
Bocadelphia Eagles John
QUOTE (Rick @ Jan 6 2013, 08:24 AM) *
Houston impressed yesterday? You mean how they barely beat a team who's offense couldn't move the ball at all?

Not sure what was so impressive. If they play that way next week the Patriots will beat them by 40 points...

They're in with a chance and we have a high draft pick ... that's all I have to know.

I'd rather be in it waiting for the next better team to beat the crap out of us ... rather than sitting at home wating to start from scratch all over again ....

empty trophy case ...

Rick
QUOTE (Bocadelphia Eagles John @ Jan 6 2013, 10:56 AM) *
They're in with a chance and we have a high draft pick ... that's all I have to know.

I'd rather be in it waiting for the next better team to beat the crap out of us ... rather than sitting at home wating to start from scratch all over again ....

empty trophy case ...

I didn't argue that.

You said they impressed by barely beating an over-matched Cinn team. They hardly impressed anyone.
Bocadelphia Eagles John
QUOTE (Rick @ Jan 7 2013, 07:59 AM) *
I didn't argue that.

You said they impressed by barely beating an over-matched Cinn team. They hardly impressed anyone.

you're looking up the wrong tree. They impressed simply by being in with a chance and winning a game in the playoff championships. Who cares how good or bad the opponent was?

After all, when it comes to the Super Bowl you cannot simply dismiss and rule out ANY team. Every Eagle fan will remember SB 1980 when a lowly underdog beat a highly touted sure fire winner.

And in case you have an issue with my "impressed" comment, I am happy to modify that to "impressed me".

Peace, bro.
JaxEagle
QUOTE (Bocadelphia Eagles John @ Jan 6 2013, 10:56 AM) *

empty trophy case ...

They are in the dance for what... the first time??? They won one playoff game?? We are supposed to feel bad because of what the Texans have done? If I were a Texan fan I might be wondering what took us so long to qualify for the postseason...
Bocadelphia Eagles John
QUOTE (JaxEagle @ Jan 7 2013, 11:34 AM) *
They are in the dance for what... the first time??? They won one playoff game?? We are supposed to feel bad because of what the Texans have done? If I were a Texan fan I might be wondering what took us so long to qualify for the postseason...

Greetings Jax ... I have my own disappointment with the Eagles history and I expect everyone else to have their own slant on it. For me the history of this franchise, which goes back a loooong way, is pathetic. And using Houston as one way to highlight it, that is my perogative.

Eagles were established in 1933. You weren't even born yet.

And the trophy case in the modern era is bare. We won 3 NFL championships in the pre SB era. And I can still recall the excitement with our 1960 championship win against the Packers. That was a great game, and a great day. But it's classic stuff, long ago history. In the modern era, we stink with regards to winning the big prize. 2 appearances just don't do it for me. And the fact that the LATEST expansion team is still in the hunt PISSES THE HECK out of me.

I'm not looking to debate this with anyone. My feelings are my own, and they are what they are.
D Rock
Boca my man, we all share your frustration with the lack of championships in the modern era. All of us, to a man . . . is disappointed, disgusted and somewhat embarrassed by that reality.

That said . . . the Texans? Really? Their token visit to the post season (and believe me . . . that's all it is) has no influence whatsoever on our continued shame.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.