Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: If Andy Never Addresses the Fans
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
Now that he has landed his next job, do you think that Andy should address the Philadelphia fans?

He cancelled his press conference, post firing.

I understand that he needed to get his next job solidified and now that is done.

Do you think he should or expect him to, address the fans in Phila?
Zero
I really don't care, he rarely addressed the fans while he was here. I would like to hear his take on the whole thing, and more than "I had to do a better job at that." I suspect he thinks he was unfairly terminated.
Eyrie
No.

He could have chosen to give a press conference or an interview immediately after his firing and chose not to, which I have no problem with. But he is now the Chiefs head coach and that should be his focus rather than the past.

For what it's worth, I wish him well there and am glad that he's not in the NFC.
TGryn
After 14 years, what's left to say?
nephillymike
I give him a pass until today.

You just get fired, and are emotional and don't want to get "trapped" by a tough questions you are not prepared for, so I give him a pass for Monday.

From Monday until last night, his focus should have been on his next job.

Now that he has signed, I think he should have a video address to the fans. He doesn't need a press conference, just a video address from him.

I only say this because I heard for years, from him, and from a few others, about how much he loves the fans and Phila etc.

If that is the case, then it is appropriate to expect that from him.

If as some of his biggest detractors say and this kissing up to the fans was just a fraud, then I would not expect anything.

For 14 years, we've learned the hard way to judge Reid by his actions, not by his words in his post game press conferences.

Was he genuine in his "love" of the fans or a fraud?

Andy, after 14 years, time's yours.
JaxEagle
In due time he will. He doesn't need to right now. Collectively, the fans treated him like crap for the past couple years so he is due some time to get past it. In time it will be a relationship like we have with Dallas Green and others. Andy is a Philly hero, period. He crapped the bed the past few years but that doesn't undo his successes.
BirdsWinBaby
do i really need more of "do a better job?" starts with me? throat clearing? thanks but no thanks. im sick to death of that guy's act and im happy he is with another team

thanks for the good times andy...now exit the building that way...presser not required
Bocadelphia Eagles John
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jan 5 2013, 07:09 AM) *

No.

He spoke highly of the fans during his closing interviews. We know he appreciated the fans, and why would he not ? After all, how many games were sold out during his tenure ?

No sir. The man has a lot on his mind and he should be left alone to focus on that. And we fans too have a lot on our minds and that is where our focus is best placed.

The king is dead. Long live the as yet unidentified heir. And we have the draft to ponder amidst the uncertianties of our immediate future.
Birdman420
I have to say that if i were him I'd move on.

Philly fans only cheered when things went well and we heckeled and chanted fire andy at the drop of a hat. He owes nothing to us

He loved us for our tradition of high expectation in which he relayed to his players that they need to perform or hit the road, philly fans are good motivation for any player in the league packing his bags to come here because they know we will worship them for stellar play and drag them through the mud if they suck.
Mr. Bonko
No way I accept an apology from the piece of sh*t now. Screw him and his stubborn, pathetic and ignorant ways. I thought I might soften a little after he was gone, bit I hate (yes hate) him more and more with every passing day.

Like I said before, I would rather not win a SB than win one with him involved. I will enjoy going 0-16 without him more than winning a SB with him. I feel so bad for anyone who has to be around him.
Reality Fan
Now that he has landed his next job, do you think that Andy should address the Philadelphia fans?

He cancelled his press conference, post firing.

I understand that he needed to get his next job solidified and now that is done.

See.....this is what I don't get.....

Why would you even care?

Were you one of those guys that a girl would break up with and you kept asking her to explain why?

He is gone. You got what you wanted and now you want more?

Sometimes you scare me Mikey........I am going to tell Reid to get a PFA out on you...
nephillymike
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Jan 5 2013, 02:49 PM) *
See.....this is what I don't get.....

Why would you even care?

Were you one of those guys that a girl would break up with and you kept asking her to explain why?

He is gone. You got what you wanted and now you want more?

Sometimes you scare me Mikey........I am going to tell Reid to get a PFA out on you...

I care more out of curiosity.

If he gives a video, then he probably was genuine in what he said about liking the fans.

If he doesn't, then he probably is the fraud some people said he was regardng this issue.

As you know, I was never a big Reid fan. However, even though I hated the chuck and duck, hated the insulting press conferences, I respected results and even I would not have fired him after last season as I feel he deserved another shot with his guys and his coaches.

The "love the fans" thing was always mentioned by him and others and was so inconsistent with the way he publicly treated us thru the media. He never got that the media was the conduit to the fans and with the media in this town, I think most of the are jerks but they are the conduit. Listen to Doug Collins post game presser, win or lose and what a difference. I know a guy who's worked with Reid on a few things and he says Reid is a nice guy. I have my doubt but trust this guy's slant on things.

It is interesting to me what he decides to do on this.

Curiosity.

Seems like you're having a tough time with his failure and firing, more on a personal level, kind of like how I was when they let Dawk go. I have a tough time with his failure, given my fandom, but his firing I'm fine with at this time.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jan 5 2013, 03:58 PM) *
The "love the fans" thing was always mentioned by him and others and was so inconsistent with the way he publicly treated us thru the media. He never got that the media was the conduit to the fans and with the media in this town, I think most of the are jerks but they are the conduit. Listen to Doug Collins post game presser, win or lose and what a difference. I know a guy who's worked with Reid on a few things and he says Reid is a nice guy. I have my doubt but trust this guy's slant on things.

It is interesting to me what he decides to do on this.

Curiosity.

Seems like you're having a tough time with his failure and firing, more on a personal level, kind of like how I was when they let Dawk go. I have a tough time with his failure, given my fandom, but his firing I'm fine with at this time.

It would not surprise me if he does nothing, he may make comments in passing to media about it but I am sure he currently had more important things on his mind.

I am actually not having a hard time about him going at all. I am actually excited about who they hire next and who that person brings in as coordinators. I have said it before, I don't care who coaches as long they win games. Now if I have any problems it is with some of the revisionists stupidity by some here on his coaching career. For some, they wanted him gone, he is gone and it is still not enough. He was a good coach and he had a good QB, they both ran their course and stopped getting it done. Now they are gone and folks should move on but.....

Now on your point with Reid, it is not a ridiculous negative one but if he doesn't I would not care one way or the other, His "I love the fans" may just be coach speak.
TGryn
Next time we hear from him re: addressing the fans here directly will probably be in the week before the Chiefs game in Philly. He may say something during his Chiefs introductory news conference on Monday, but I expect that'd be only if he gets asked about it directly. He's got bigger things to worry about right now.

I don't recall any precedent of a fired coach making a video to the fans of the team that just kicked him out the door, so that's kind of a strange thing to expect. Unrealistic, really.
Rick
QUOTE (JaxEagle @ Jan 5 2013, 11:15 AM) *
In due time he will. He doesn't need to right now. Collectively, the fans treated him like crap for the past couple years so he is due some time to get past it. In time it will be a relationship like we have with Dallas Green and others. Andy is a Philly hero, period. He crapped the bed the past few years but that doesn't undo his successes.

Well-said.

Off-Topic
Where in Jax are you? I'm off Hodges between Beach/Atlantic. We usually go to Jerry's to watch the games when they're not on national TV.
Mr. Bonko
QUOTE (JaxEagle @ Jan 5 2013, 11:15 AM) *
He crapped the bed the past few years but that doesn't undo his successes.

What successes? He failed every year. Anything short of a Lombardi is a failure. Andy was a complete and utter failure for 14 GD years. I better stop posting, I am about to say some nasty things about what I really think about that jackoff and what I hope he has to endure.
JaxEagle
QUOTE (Mr. Bonko @ Jan 6 2013, 09:04 AM) *
What successes? He failed every year. Anything short of a Lombardi is a failure. Andy was a complete and utter failure for 14 GD years. I better stop posting, I am about to say some nasty things about what I really think about that jackoff and what I hope he has to endure.

Lol funny
JaxEagle
QUOTE (Rick @ Jan 6 2013, 08:26 AM) *
Well-said.

Off-Topic
Where in Jax are you? I'm off Hodges between Beach/Atlantic. We usually go to Jerry's to watch the games when they're not on national TV.

I'm at US1 and Intl Golf Pkwy in St. Johns County. I'm not familiar with Jerry's but I'm game to try it. I'd be happy to come up to Jerry's in a few months for a Phillies game one night. I think in the last 30 years I have frequented every Sports Bar that has come and gone in Jax to watch Eagles games. There have been some fun ones!
HOUSEoPAIN

No.
Mr. Bonko
QUOTE (JaxEagle @ Jan 6 2013, 09:50 AM) *
Lol funny

That's what I am here for Jax; that's what I am here for.
JaxEagle
QUOTE (Mr. Bonko @ Jan 6 2013, 12:33 PM) *
That's what I am here for Jax; that's what I am here for.

wink.gif
nephillymike
IMO, he had his conference with the reporters yesterday and said what he wanted to say and it seems like he was genuine enough in his professed "love" of the Phila fans.

I'm curious no more!

Now we're on to what will hopefully be greener pastures.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jan 8 2013, 05:11 PM) *
IMO, he had his conference with the reporters yesterday and said what he wanted to say and it seems like he was genuine enough in his professed "love" of the Phila fans.

I'm curious no more!

Now we're on to what will hopefully be greener pastures.

He was dead to me before the ink dried on his pink slip....and I liked the guy....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.