Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chip Kelly To Cleveland?
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
PFT is saying it's almost a done deal.

That would be disappointing that he would give the most hapless franchise in the NFL the only chance to talk to him.
mcnabbulous
I hope so. When does the biggest name coach ever work out the best? Give me McCoy.
Zero
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Jan 4 2013, 11:41 PM) *
I hope so. When does the biggest name coach ever work out the best? Give me McCoy.

I'd like to see McCoy too and I'm just worried that Kelly will turn out to be a gimmick.
Eyrie
He's still got other interviews lined up, including us.

I'm relaxed about him going to the Browns. If he's a success we won't have to face him regularly and if he's not then we've dodged one.
Rick
I just hope the Eagles don't get him hired. Other than that, I don't care where he goes.
JaxEagle
I'm fine with Kelly. From everything I read he is not about College gimmicks. He is a very intelligent person and football innovator. Most believe the system he runs in college would not be the system he runs in the NFL. Probably some crossover but I like the fact that he can adapt. That's the thing that everyone likes about McCoy right?
mcnabbulous
Update: Kelly's lunch with the eagles is still going on as of 10:00pm est. He must be a hungry fella. Anyways...it's an interesting development.
Eyrie
A nine hour lunch?

He's passed that part of the audition to replace Reid biggrin.gif
Zero
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Jan 5 2013, 10:00 PM) *
Update: Kelly's lunch with the eagles is still going on as of 10:00pm est. He must be a hungry fella. Anyways...it's an interesting development.

Are the Eagles that interested in Kelly or is this as much about beating Banner? That worries me.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Zero @ Jan 6 2013, 07:45 AM) *
Are the Eagles that interested in Kelly or is this as much about beating Banner? That worries me.

I still don't think he winds up in Philly. I get the impression he's not as high on Luries list as we were led to believe.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (Zero @ Jan 6 2013, 06:45 AM) *

It's also possible Lurie is just trying to raise his 'price' a bit for Banner. Whatever, I hope they hada nice lunch/dinner and never talk again.
mcnabbulous
Seems like it may be down to McCoy or Bradley, assuming Kelly stays at Oregon. I'd be very happy with either of those options.
JaxEagle
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Jan 6 2013, 02:20 PM) *
Seems like it may be down to McCoy or Bradley, assuming Kelly stays at Oregon. I'd be very happy with either of those options.

Agree. I also just read a report that said Cleveland is no longer considering Kelly and they are moving on to other options.
Zero
I just want it done for the Eagles so whoever the coach is can get top flight assistants.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Zero @ Jan 6 2013, 04:35 PM) *
I just want it done for the Eagles so whoever the coach is can get top flight assistants.

Is this a relevant concern? I can't say one way or another, but I haven't heard it mentioned anywhere else.
nephillymike
Yes it is. Remember. What do you think would have happened if Johnson was taken elsewhere by the time Andy was hired? As we've seen, assistants matter and the earlier we get the coach, the more asst available.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jan 6 2013, 06:38 PM) *
Yes it is. Remember. What do you think would have happened if Johnson was taken elsewhere by the time Andy was hired? As we've seen, assistants matter and the earlier we get the coach, the more asst available.

I understand the importance of having a good staff, I've just never heard it as a concern with coaches being hired in a timely manner. In most cases, I would suspect that the supporting staff would likely be guys who are in lesser positions anyways. So getting a gig in Philly would be a career advancement move. Wasn't JJ working as a LB coach at the time?
Zero
If the Eagles hire Kelly he will be helped by having an experienced DC. Think if L Smith doesn't get a HC gig how much help he could be to an NFL first timer.
mcnabbulous
Is there talk of Lovie joining him? I would have to think he would want to pick his own staff.
Zero
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Jan 6 2013, 07:00 PM) *
Is there talk of Lovie joining him? I would have to think he would want to pick his own staff.

Just using that as an example.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.