Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Eagles Facts that Make You Go Hmmmm
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
The record of Rich Kotite during his last four years as Eagles coach was better than Reid's record in his last four years as Eagles coach.

Who woulda thunk it??

Also, Andy's lifetime regular season record against playoff teams was 26-51. (according to 97.5 today).

Today, BWest was asked to comment on Trot's rip of Andy (from yesterday). He didn't disagree.

Is it possible that we will see a Kotitesque fall of Andy when he gets on his own in KC?

Could he really be a 4-12 type of coach sans Rhodes' players and JJ's D?

One of the things I found rewarding was that B.West said that JJ would come up to him and say West, we got to run the ball. Runyan would come to him and say, we gotta run the ball. Trotter and other defensive players would come up to him and say we gotta run the ball.

So to paraphrase his own players and coaches

Run the Ball Andy!!
Zero
But Andy's smarter than that. sad.gif
Phits
Not our problem anymore. For that I say....KEEP THROWING THE BALL ANDY!!!!
Phits
Not our problem anymore. For that I say....KEEP THROWING THE BALL ANDY!!!!
Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jan 4 2013, 09:12 PM) *
The record of Rich Kotite during his last four years as Eagles coach was better than Reid's record in his last four years as Eagles coach.

Who woulda thunk it??

I guess anyone who realized that Kotite only coached(head coach...figure I should add that before some of the mentally addled here cry about his oc time) here 4 years..........and since everyone loves to trot out the "Andy had Rhodes players" and "Andy had JJ" you can add that Kotite had Bud Carson......

Who knew......fuck..the guy is gone....rejoice
Bocadelphia Eagles John
What I don't get is why it is that the t.v. pundits almost to a man and lady fall all over themselves when singing the praises of the great coach.

And now that he's someone else's problem I feel sorry for them. And my concern is that the great coach drilled our team into the ground AND that it is now up to LURIE to pull us out of this mess by bringing in the new man to lead our revival.

And I don't have a huge amount of confidence when it comes to anything to do with Lurie.

This is a stinker of a situation.
Eyrie
Such comments smack of revisionism to me. I'd take them more seriously if Trotter and Westbrook had made such comments after retiring as players rather than waiting until Reid is gone.

After all, we as fans were calling for a better balance on offense years ago.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Bocadelphia Eagles John @ Jan 5 2013, 06:35 AM) *
What I don't get is why it is that the t.v. pundits almost to a man and lady fall all over themselves when singing the praises of the great coach.

And now that he's someone else's problem I feel sorry for them. And my concern is that the great coach drilled our team into the ground AND that it is now up to LURIE to pull us out of this mess by bringing in the new man to lead our revival.

And I don't have a huge amount of confidence when it comes to anything to do with Lurie.

This is a stinker of a situation.

They do it because he is a good coach. The sad reality of his end here was pretty simple. He always had a great staff, as does any great coach. When that staff began to dissolve for bigger opportunity he failed to replace them with quality. Rory Seacrest is a great example. For whatever reason, he did a poor job doing that and it showed. He lost the control that helped them build a successful model. Was it the amount of control or the family issues? I don't know but he never recovered that. Now, some idiots act like he never had a good year, JJ was the entire reason they did well (apparently Reid did not hire and empower JJ) and any win he had was by accident.

Reid was a great hire and to insinuate anything else is idiocy. Did he go down the tubes? Sure.....and it was a slow and painful slide but that does not change what he did here. I think Lurie will do fine, I also don't understand the angst against Lurie and/or Roseman. No matter what Lurie says he media and some fans immediately declare it a lie. It is mind boggling. As a GM in any sport there is a certain amount of prevarication done to keep organizational morale smooth and to protect their interests, that is a given and the media knows that but they love to twist that.
mcnabbulous
If only we pounded the ball with Westbrook a little more...

That would have been good for his knees and longevity.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Jan 5 2013, 10:39 AM) *
If only we pounded the ball with Westbrook a little more...

That would have been good for his knees and longevity.

people always forget his durability was always an issue when they start yapping......to the point where he never played a full season and that Carolina playoff game he didn't play in because he was hurt....hmmmm.......lol
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Jan 5 2013, 02:54 PM) *
people always forget his durability was always an issue when they start yapping......to the point where he never played a full season and that Carolina playoff game he didn't play in because he was hurt....hmmmm.......lol

I would consider that injury to have been somewhat of the freakish nature. But regardless, the last thing Westy needed was more carries. He got plenty of touches...as does Shady.

I think people need to accept that we had some good teams (and we were typically good), we had some great teams (and we were occasionally great), but we were never a sure thing...as few teams are. Our best window of 4-5 years resulted in several good-great chances, but a SB is no sure thing. The patriots have had teams over the past 7 years which are likely better than any that we fielded between 2001-2004, and they haven't won it all. A lot of things have to fall into place to win a championship. They never happened to align for us. It was a fun run though.
Zero
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Jan 5 2013, 10:16 PM) *
I think people need to accept that we had some good teams (and we were typically good), we had some great teams (and we were occasionally great), but we were never a sure thing...as few teams are. Our best window of 4-5 years resulted in several good-great chances, but a SB is no sure thing. The patriots have had teams over the past 7 years which are likely better than any that we fielded between 2001-2004, and they haven't won it all. A lot of things have to fall into place to win a championship. They never happened to align for us. It was a fun run though.

Very true. It's not just having the best team, but they need to be peaking at the right time and the coach needs to be able to make the right adjustments. This, more than anything was Reid's Achilles heel, IMO.

My complaint with Reid's running philosophy wasn't always how much he ran but when he ran.
D Rock
We had good teams under Andy. We had a few "great" ones too. What we never had under Andy was a "complete" team.

There were always glaring holes.

Up until '04, it was WR with our Small / Johnson and our Stinkston / Trash combos.

Later it was linebackers.

One year it was a lack of viable return men.

The past two was about shit players in the secondary (espcially safety).

No team is going to be stocked with depth all the way through 53. But few teams have holes as glaring as we have had and find success.

mcnabbulous
QUOTE (D Rock @ Jan 7 2013, 05:40 PM) *
But few teams have holes as glaring as we have had and find success.

Yep, as much "talent" as everyone claims we have (note: every team has talent), good teams don't have positions which are completely defunct of capable players. Our safeties are historically bad. Our corners aren't too much better.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Jan 7 2013, 05:20 PM) *
Yep, as much "talent" as everyone claims we have (note: every team has talent), good teams don't have positions which are completely defunct of capable players. Our safeties are historically bad. Our corners aren't too much better.

D is pretty much spot on. We were spoiled with Dawk so I can't agree with the safety issue while he was here and Sheldon and Lito were pretty good for awhile. The secondary issue has been the last several years but it was once our strength.

The glaring weakness when things were very good was the WR position. After the Owens debacle this franchise under Reid was never the same. Their philosophy changed and the team dynamic slowly eroded and the staff quality went downhill. All I can keep thinking about is what pictures Seacrest had of Reid......were goats involved?
mcnabbulous
My comment regarding the secondary was exclusively pertaining to the past 2 years.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.