Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Regarding Vick
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
Apparently, the Eagles can cut Vick near the SB and not owe him anything and take a $7M cap hit.

Or, they can keep him and he is owed $3M, and then he is there's to trade.

Is there anyone that could help that is tradeable for Vick and justifies the $3M cost?

You wouldnt do it for picks. I can't see $3M and trade Vick for picks.

But is it worth it to hang on to him to get a player in trade?

I'm thinking not because anyone interested in Vick, may want to wait us out and get him when we end up cutting him.
SAM I Am
Which begs another question. Does Lurie get a new HC in here before the deadline to cut Vick passes, and lets him decide?

My guess is, either way Lurie and Howie go, he is gone prior to shelling out the 3 mil to him.

A new day has dawned. I am betting there is going to be a house cleaning like we have never seen before.

BirdsWinBaby
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Dec 31 2012, 12:37 PM) *
But is it worth it to hang on to him to get a player in trade?

I'm thinking not because anyone interested in Vick, may want to wait us out and get him when we end up cutting him.

yea its not worth throwing away $3mill in the hopes that some team isnt paying attention. All the teams know that once the 3mill is paid, and as the season approaches, the eagles arent gonna pay Vick his 2013 contract and Vick wont renegotiate.

AR screwed the pooch on this one. the time to trade Vick was in 2010 when you could have tricked some stupid GM into thinking he wasnt gonna suck eventually. turns out that AR tricked himself and now that Vick sucks again his value is lower than it was coming outta prison. at least back then people thought he might still be good but werent willing to take a chance on it.....after 3 years of game film the mystery is gone
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (BirdsWinBaby @ Dec 31 2012, 02:32 PM) *
AR screwed the pooch on this one. the time to trade Vick was in 2010 when you could have tricked some stupid GM into thinking he wasnt gonna suck eventually. turns out that AR tricked himself and now that Vick sucks again his value is lower than it was coming outta prison. at least back then people thought he might still be good but werent willing to take a chance on it.....after 3 years of game film the mystery is gone

This is based on the assumption that Reid believed he had his QB in house. Given the fact that we ultimately traded Kolb, it's clear they didn't have much confidence in him.
BirdsWinBaby
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Dec 31 2012, 01:38 PM) *
This is based on the assumption that Reid believed he had his QB in house. Given the fact that we ultimately traded Kolb, it's clear they didn't have much confidence in him.

the problem wasnt how little confidence they had in Kolb.....it was too much confidence in Vick. its nice to recognize that Kolb sucks and get what you can for him. either do the same with Vick who also sucks or tag him for another year while you get a QB who doesnt suck. Vick got his contract at the end of 2010 cuz AR was fooled into thinking he had a franchise QB that would win for years to come
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (BirdsWinBaby @ Dec 31 2012, 03:21 PM) *
the problem wasnt how little confidence they had in Kolb.....it was too much confidence in Vick. its nice to recognize that Kolb sucks and get what you can for him. either do the same with Vick who also sucks or tag him for another year while you get a QB who doesnt suck. Vick got his contract at the end of 2010 cuz AR was fooled into thinking he had a franchise QB that would win for years to come

I'll agree that they misevaluated Vick, but it was easy to do after the year he had. He showed far more promise than Kolb. Additionally, it was logical to think that more time working with Reid would elevate Vick's play.

Either way, if he had stuck with Kolb, we'd be in the same boat. So it doesn't really matter. We don't have a QB. That's how this league works.

You don't see guys with great QB's getting fired today. It's not a coincidence.
chuckp
Let go of his ass now! Have fun trying to win in Buffalo or Arizona you fucking loser!
JaxEagle
QUOTE (chuckp @ Dec 31 2012, 07:32 PM) *
Let go of his ass now! Have fun trying to win in Buffalo or Arizona you fucking loser!

rolleyes.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.