Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: So long 2012
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
VICKtory
Hopefully next year will be the true beginning of the Nick Foles era. Fresh start for him with new coaches, an NFL caliber line and who knows what else. Hopefully he at least learned a few things from Andy that he can use down the road.

For the people not sold on Foles I've thought about him alot and these are the reasons I think he needs to be our starter next year
1) Who else would do it? Only person in the draft I would rather have is Geno and he's mos likely gone by our pick. Dont think any FA QBs will provide a better future
2) He continues to get better, after an offseason practicing with the ones rather than backups I would assume he grows more
3) For those saying he will never be "elite" look at the QBs he is most often compared to (at least what I've heard) being Roesthlisberger and Eli. Don't always dominate games like a Brady would, but they win games and more importantly Super Bowls. And come up clutch in the 4th
4) Realistically we won't be a playoff contender next year anyway so why should we might as well see what we got from him before we move on

To say the least I'm a big fan of this kid and I'd love to see him as our starter next year
Dreagon
QUOTE (VICKtory @ Dec 30 2012, 03:34 PM) *
Hopefully next year will be the true beginning of the Nick Foles era. Fresh start for him with new coaches, an NFL caliber line and who knows what else. Hopefully he at least learned a few things from Andy that he can use down the road.

For the people not sold on Foles I've thought about him alot and these are the reasons I think he needs to be our starter next year
1) Who else would do it? Only person in the draft I would rather have is Geno and he's mos likely gone by our pick. Dont think any FA QBs will provide a better future
2) He continues to get better, after an offseason practicing with the ones rather than backups I would assume he grows more
3) For those saying he will never be "elite" look at the QBs he is most often compared to (at least what I've heard) being Roesthlisberger and Eli. Don't always dominate games like a Brady would, but they win games and more importantly Super Bowls. And come up clutch in the 4th
4) Realistically we won't be a playoff contender next year anyway so why should we might as well see what we got from him before we move on

To say the least I'm a big fan of this kid and I'd love to see him as our starter next year

I can see you guys sticking with Foles, unless some surprise free agent becomes available. Truthfully, I don't think there is a QB in this draft worth the first round pick you guys are going to have. One of the tackles from Texas A&M or that linebacker from Notre Dame would probably help you guys more.
VICKtory
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Dec 30 2012, 04:41 PM) *
I can see you guys sticking with Foles, unless some surprise free agent becomes available. Truthfully, I don't think there is a QB in this draft worth the first round pick you guys are going to have. One of the tackles from Texas A&M or that linebacker from Notre Dame would probably help you guys more.

Completely agreed, other than them Jarvis Jones is the only other player I'd take so high.

Best of luck to the boys tonight Dreagon
Dreagon
QUOTE (VICKtory @ Dec 30 2012, 03:45 PM) *
Completely agreed, other than them Jarvis Jones is the only other player I'd take so high.

Best of luck to the boys tonight Dreagon

Thanks. With our defense of third stringers and guys off the street vs the new phenomenon that is RGIII, we're going to need it. We need "Good Tony" tonight like never before.
Eyrie
5) Next year Foles will have a healthy OL to protect him
6) Next year Foles will have a healthy receiving group to throw to.

Very much depends on the system the new HC and OC install, but to my mind starting Foles is a no-brainer.
Dr. Claw
QUOTE (VICKtory @ Dec 30 2012, 04:34 PM) *

The only thing I dislike about Foles is his underthrowing -- how does that happen when everything else is what you'd want in a QB? Even when his foot is planted, the speed WRs on this team are going to have to slow down to catch balls.

I guess it's a might as well deal as well. At least Foles won't have to deal with Andyball, so we'll see.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.