Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Reid may not be fired
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Eyrie
Everyone expects Reid to go, and it'll probably be announced tomorrow. However I'd say Reid himself expects to be elsewhere next year and Lurie will feel he owes Reid for the earlier good years, so won't want to be seen to fire him.

So I'm expecting tomorrow's press conference to be Reid announcing his resignation, with Lurie praising what he did over the years and ignoring awkward questions about whether he'd have fired Reid.
BirdsWinBaby
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Dec 30 2012, 06:26 AM) *
Everyone expects Reid to go, and it'll probably be announced tomorrow. However I'd say Reid himself expects to be elsewhere next year and Lurie will feel he owes Reid for the earlier good years, so won't want to be seen to fire him.

So I'm expecting tomorrow's press conference to be Reid announcing his resignation, with Lurie praising what he did over the years and ignoring awkward questions about whether he'd have fired Reid.

yea i knew this was gonna be a 'mutual' parting of the ways including lurie, roseman and reid sitting around the campfire podium swapping stories and wishing each other well

as long as he isnt the coach when its over i dont care if they give him a parade
SpudDogg
Reid stays. He'll get another chance.
Dreagon
QUOTE (SpudDogg @ Dec 30 2012, 11:41 AM) *

I'm kinda seeing the chance for this one myself. I can see Lurie deciding that he doesn't want his good friend to go out on a note like this. Combine that with the not uncommon attitude of "I'm a billionaire and nobody tells me how to run my team" and I could see Reid coming back for one more year.

UPDATE: Of course, I could always be wrong tongue.gif
Eyrie
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Dec 30 2012, 09:36 PM) *
I'm kinda seeing the chance for this one myself. I can see Lurie deciding that he doesn't want his good friend to go out on a note like this. Combine that with the not uncommon attitude of "I'm a billionaire and nobody tells me how to run my team" and I could see Reid coming back for one more year.

UPDATE: Of course, I could always be wrong tongue.gif

You're normally much nicer to us poor Eagles fans, so why wish that on us? sad.gif
Zero
Is it possible Reid is fired as HC and accepts a position as consultant or some type of administrator?

He's HC and Executive VP of Football Operations. He says he loves the Eagles and I'm sure Lurie loves him. He's established his home in the area. Maybe he leaves coaching for a year and helps guide the team into the next phase as just the VP.

If that were the case I'm not sure I'd like it, but I wonder if it's a possibility. Kinda like your wife telling you she won't divorce you but no more sex. ohmy.gif
Phits
QUOTE (Zero @ Dec 31 2012, 07:17 AM) *
Is it possible Reid is fired as HC and accepts a position as consultant or some type of administrator?

He's HC and Executive VP of Football Operations. He says he loves the Eagles and I'm sure Lurie loves him. He's established his home in the area. Maybe he leaves coaching for a year and helps guide the team into the next phase as just the VP.

If that were the case I'm not sure I'd like it, but I wonder if it's a possibility. Kinda like your wife telling you she won't divorce you but no more sex. ohmy.gif

Reid said that he wants to coach next year.
SAM I Am
QUOTE (SpudDogg @ Dec 30 2012, 12:41 PM) *

No way Spudd. He is good as gone. It will be announced at the noon press conference today. Most likely they won't use the F word, but he is history here. And don't expect to see him get kicked upstairs either. That wouldn't be fair to the new HC.

This will be a clean and complete parting of ways.
mcnabbulous
It's already been announced on the website.

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news/art...03-fecd9728c4ba
Reality Fan
I am a little surprised no one mentioned the biggest reason that there is/was no way he would resign....6 million of them actually......
Eyrie
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Dec 31 2012, 04:35 PM) *
I am a little surprised no one mentioned the biggest reason that there is/was no way he would resign....6 million of them actually......

There's resigning and then there's resigning.

I was expecting Reid to be fired in practical terms (and so getting his money) but with the consolation of it being billed as a resignation, so I was slightly surprised at it being announcemed as a firing.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.