Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How many soon-to-be ex-Eagles will rebound?
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
The pessimist in me is prematurely banging his head against the wall thinking about the players who we think suck but will play well for their next team. Asomougha is a good example. If he's cut does he go to a coach who uses him differently and he returns to being a good player?
bertmega
QUOTE (Zero @ Dec 28 2012, 10:05 AM) *
The pessimist in me is prematurely banging his head against the wall thinking about the players who we think suck but will play well for their next team. Asomougha is a good example. If he's cut does he go to a coach who uses him differently and he returns to being a good player?

Nancy Applebottoms Asomougha will probably thrive in a different system. As will DRC. Vick if he goes to the Jets may have a decent season, but not better than 2010 in Philly. That is about it.

Asomougha, just perplexes me. I never thought I would see the day where I am screaming for Samuel back again. lol
mcnabbulous
Aso doesn't have the speed to be a premier CB anymore. It was a miscalculation by our FO. He is a good corner now, but not elite. Which is the expectation we had for him. Corner is a young man's position, more than any other.

I can't think of any guys that will definitely be let go and could prosper elsewhere. Did you have anyone else in mind?
HobbEs
If we switch to a 3-4 alignment maybe you can add Ryans to the list.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (HobbEs @ Dec 28 2012, 11:40 AM) *
If we switch to a 3-4 alignment maybe you can add Ryans to the list.

I'm not sure if you're implying he has been poorly used this year, but he has more TFL than any other player in Reid's career.
HobbEs
I'm not saying he's played poorly this year...more alluding to how he doen't fit (and struggled) in a 3-4 alignment. If we move in that direction I can see him going elsewhere and playing well.
TGryn
I'll throw some scenarios out there:

RB Dion Lewis - Buried behind McCoy and Brown, probably needs a new start on a team that isn't as pass-dependent as ours is right now.

WR Jason Avant - New coach could easily take a quick look at him and decide "slow guy, getting older, ditch him." But could hook on with one of Reid's many former coaches and provide good possession receiver work for years to come.

C Jason Kelce - Can he transition to a different OL system? If not, he may be gone, but could have a long career elsewhere with a team that values mobility in its OL.

OG Danny Watkins - Could see another team giving him a shot, especially if they want to convert him back to OT (his college position). Obviously not a good fit for Mudd's system.

OT Demetress Bell - Total disaster here, but again, not every team runs Mudd's particular OL system. Could resurrect himself in another place.

DE Brandon Graham - May get cut if we move to a 3-4, since he's not big enough to be a DE in that system and probably isn't fast enough to be a cover LB. A 4-3 team could pick up a good young player in him.

DT Mike Patterson - Don't get the hostility towards him by some fans, he's been a competent starter most of his time here. However, he is now one of the older guys on the roster and is having the non-football health problems. Still think he has a few years of competent football in him, though.

LB Ryan Rau, Akeem Jordan - Might easily get overlooked in the roster turnover, but Rau's a young guy who looked good at MLB in preseason and Jordan's consistently one of our better ST players.

S Nate Allen - Wide 9 overrelies on the safeties and LBs to provide run support, and Allen is not a great tackler. He may do a lot better in a Tampa-2 type system, or even as a CB.
VICKtory
Why I everyone assuming a switch to a 3-4? Where is this information coming from?
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (HobbEs @ Dec 28 2012, 01:10 PM) *
I'm not saying he's played poorly this year...more alluding to how he doen't fit (and struggled) in a 3-4 alignment. If we move in that direction I can see him going elsewhere and playing well.

I figured. Wasn't sure though. Can't imagine the Eagles allowing another defensive leader to get away. That, in my opinion, has crippled this franchise in recent years.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.