Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Offensive or Defensive slanted next head coach?
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
eaglesphan27
I love the offense that Chip Kelly runs at Oregon. That team has been awesome to watch under him. However his defense has a lot to be desired. This is our biggest concern right?

I vote for a defensive minded head coach. Not sure who but would be interested in any suggestions or possibilities.
Eyrie
Reid's imminent replacement can be from either side of the ball, as long as he brings in capable co-ordinators. Our soon-to-be ex-head coach had a background with QBs and OL but much of his success was built on Jim Johnson's defence.
mcnabbulous
I think you win in the NFL with a QB and good defense, so my preference would be a defensive coach. Then we would need to find our QB...which is easier said than done.
Phits
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Dec 28 2012, 08:33 AM) *
Reid's imminent replacement can be from either side of the ball, as long as he brings in capable co-ordinators.

That's it exactly.

Our soon-to-be ex-head coach had a background with QBs and OL but much of his success was built on Jim Johnson's defence.

Don't count your chickens before they hatch.
Eyrie
QUOTE (Phits @ Dec 28 2012, 06:48 PM) *
Don't count your chickens before they hatch.

Don't say things like that ohmy.gif - this is something we've been demanding for a few years now and the moment is almost here.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.