Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: This game is tied...
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
SAM I Am
if Foles doesn't underthrow Maclin there.

Eskin reporting that Andy leaves the field today to applause and chants of Andy, Andy.
BirdsWinBaby
QUOTE (SAM I Am @ Dec 23 2012, 05:00 PM) *
if Foles doesn't underthrow Maclin there.

Eskin reporting that Andy leaves the field today to applause and chants of Andy, Andy.

better than loud booing....but i didnt hear anything either way to be honest. as much as the media loves AR i think a standing O wouldve been shown
mcnabbulous
I think we have to consider taking a QB if a guy is deemed worthy in the top-5. Foles seems like a nice player, but he doesn't seem like the type that can control a game.
nephillymike
Or if the TE they picked up catches one right in his numbers with 20 seconds left.

One his fault, one not.

Either happens it is tied only for an eventual loss in OT.
SAM I Am
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Dec 23 2012, 04:29 PM) *
Or if the TE they picked up catches one right in his numbers with 20 seconds left.

One his fault, one not.

Either happens it is tied only for an eventual loss in OT.

Yeah, that was definitely a killer. Put it right in the breadbasket.
Rick
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Dec 23 2012, 04:11 PM) *
I think we have to consider taking a QB if a guy is deemed worthy in the top-5. Foles seems like a nice player, but he doesn't seem like the type that can control a game.

I guess you're right, he only takes over a game in the 2-minute offense...

What the heck are you talking about? Not saying he's a sure thing or anything but this is not one thing I'd have a complaint about. He seems to do quite well and seems to improve each week.

Ok, bad fumble, should have gotten rid of the ball but that's really the first time he's done that. The interception was tipped. Not 100% his fault. Otherwise, he threw for 345 and a TD. I'd have liked to see them move the ball better in the middle of the game but, honestly, I can't ask for much more than what we're getting from this kid.

Not saying there aren't better players out there but this kid looks like he has quite a bit of upside. Whether he'll ever realize it or not is the big question but you can't answer that question yet. I'm also not saying not to draft a good QB if one is available. But who is available?
VICKtory
QUOTE (Rick @ Dec 23 2012, 07:58 PM) *

What the heck are you talking about? Not saying he's a sure thing or anything but this is not one thing I'd have a complaint about. He seems to do quite well and seems to improve each week.

Ok, bad fumble, should have gotten rid of the ball but that's really the first time he's done that. The interception was tipped. Not 100% his fault. Otherwise, he threw for 345 and a TD. I'd have liked to see them move the ball better in the middle of the game but, honestly, I can't ask for much more than what we're getting from this kid.

Not saying there aren't better players out there but this kid looks like he has quite a bit of upside. Whether he'll ever realize it or not is the big question but you can't answer that question yet. I'm also not saying not to draft a good QB if one is available. But who is available?

Agree 100% with this statement.

The kid seems to be confident which is one of the traits I like about him, wouldn't want drafting a QB to affect that in any way. Plus the majority of great QB's didn't start out as great as the few that are having insane years this year, which I feel like too many people are expecting immediate greatness which isn't exactly realistic.

We need to draft someone that is for sure going to be a stud, at whatever position
Phits
QUOTE (VICKtory @ Dec 23 2012, 09:35 PM) *
We need to draft someone that is for sure going to be a stud, at whatever position

There are no guarantees.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Rick @ Dec 23 2012, 07:58 PM) *

On the biggest throw of the game, he threw it 2 yards short. I've had a decade of that recently. I don't need any more. As I've said, Foles seems okay, but he's just a guy to me. This league is about the haves and the have nots. All the haves have a QB. Foles might turn out to be great, but no one can guarantee that from what we've seen thus far.

I don't think of much for Pete Carroll as a coach, but that guy is doing it right. He keeps scooping up QB's and hoping one will work out. Looks like he may have found one with Wilson. But after signing Flynn in the offseason, no one was predicting them to draft a QB when they did.

I hope we draft a QB and let him and Foles battle it out. If the guy can't handle the adversity of a QB competition, is he really capable of winning a SB?
Rick
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Dec 24 2012, 06:15 AM) *
On the biggest throw of the game, he threw it 2 yards short. I've had a decade of that recently. I don't need any more. As I've said, Foles seems okay, but he's just a guy to me. This league is about the haves and the have nots. All the haves have a QB. Foles might turn out to be great, but no one can guarantee that from what we've seen thus far.

I don't think of much for Pete Carroll as a coach, but that guy is doing it right. He keeps scooping up QB's and hoping one will work out. Looks like he may have found one with Wilson. But after signing Flynn in the offseason, no one was predicting them to draft a QB when they did.

I hope we draft a QB and let him and Foles battle it out. If the guy can't handle the adversity of a QB competition, is he really capable of winning a SB?

I don't have a problem with drafting a QB--if there is one available worthwhile, but who's coming out? I don't see anyone who is setting the world on fire.

It's way too early to tell whether Foles will be anything or not. As you say, there is no guarantee but you can say the same for anyone who might be drafted. That's the problem with the QB position (especially), you never can tell.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.