Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Norv Turner says he would consider being an OC if fired.
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
ClydeSide
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000011...red-by-chargers

Foles would fit perfectly in Turner's scheme--power running and straight forward, technical passing game. McCoy, Brown ad Polk would be great in that system also.

HobbEs
That would probably mean selecting a defensive head coach (which is fine by me). I can't see someone like Chip Kelly coming in and hiring Norv to call the offense.
ClydeSide
QUOTE (HobbEs @ Dec 21 2012, 09:17 AM) *
That would probably mean selecting a defensive head coach (which is fine by me). I can't see someone like Chip Kelly coming in and hiring Norv to call the offense.

Right. And he says he would look for an opportunity to work with guys he's already familiar with.

I wonder about Mike Zimmer, the DC for the Bengals. He has all the experience and ability--but why hasn't he gotten a shot before? Is there a personality issue there?

Also, both Zimmer and Turner coached for the Cowboys--but not at the same time. Turner left when Switzer came in--along with Zimmer.

Turner would be great with Foles.

Zero
Last January (I think it was January) Lurie supposedly instructed Reid to be more fan/media friendly. I think he finally realized that Andy got spoiled by his own success and drifted too far from the personality of the city. We all remember the Heggamin sled ride but I also remember Andy's first playoff game when he showed up early and interacted with the fans waiting for tickets in the freezing cold.

Whoever we get as a HC he'll need to have more of a Philly 'tude. Is that Pettine? Didn't the team make a move for him two years ago to replace McDermott? Turner would work nicely and would be sorta like Reid's Dowhower ... I like it.
ClydeSide
QUOTE (Zero @ Dec 22 2012, 05:35 AM) *
Last January (I think it was January) Lurie supposedly instructed Reid to be more fan/media friendly. I think he finally realized that Andy got spoiled by his own success and drifted too far from the personality of the city. We all remember the Heggamin sled ride but I also remember Andy's first playoff game when he showed up early and interacted with the fans waiting for tickets in the freezing cold.

Whoever we get as a HC he'll need to have more of a Philly 'tude. Is that Pettine? Didn't the team make a move for him two years ago to replace McDermott? Turner would work nicely and would be sorta like Reid's Dowhower ... I like it.

Norv Turner is the last proponent of the pure Don Coryell-Sid Gillman system. Norv runs the ball more effectively than Coryell did--but as Dick Vermeil says, "The most efficient system to score points ever invented is still the Corell-Gillman offense." Mike Martz used a variant of the same system--with Faulk as more of a receiver, and NOT blocking. Warner took too many hits in St. Louis. But what the hell, they won the Super Bowl.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.