Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Trade Vick??
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
THey were talking today about the Eagles having Vick as #3 so he doesn't get hurt again and we preserve our valuable trade commodity for the offseason.

I thought they changed the trade rules in the NFL new agreeement to generate more trades.

Anyone know how trades work nowadays and is it feasible to trade Vick after the season?

The Jets would be the spot. Get a running game a defense and have him throw it 20-25 times a game with about four runs in there and I think he is a winner in a game management capacity as opposed to the lead act of th chuck and duck offense we run.
mcnabbulous
If we got a 7 for Asante, I imagine we'd get a 12 for Vick.

Eyrie
Teams know that Vick has no future here for both football and cap reasons, so they have nothing to gain by offering a late pick when they can just wait for him to be cut.
BirdsWinBaby
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Dec 22 2012, 07:28 AM) *
Teams know that Vick has no future here for both football and cap reasons, so they have nothing to gain by offering a late pick when they can just wait for him to be cut.

i agree. however if another team really doesnt want Vick to be available to every other team they could slide in a trade before he is available

literally the Birds would take anything since they are going to get nothing when they release him
mcnabbulous
At this point, what coach would want to tie their success to Vick?
Zero
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Dec 22 2012, 09:44 AM) *

Reid?
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Zero @ Dec 22 2012, 10:54 AM) *
Reid?

I think he likely knows what Vick offers at this point. I doubt he'd go down that road again.
Dreagon
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Dec 22 2012, 08:44 AM) *

Rex Ryan?
Bocadelphia Eagles John
QUOTE (Zero @ Dec 22 2012, 10:54 AM) *
Reid?

hahaha .... like it ...
Phits
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Dec 22 2012, 12:30 PM) *
Rex Ryan?

Chan Gailey (BUF), Ken Wisenhunt (ARI), Dennis Allen (OAK), Joe Philbin (MIA), Mike Munchak (TEN)??
Dreagon
QUOTE (Phits @ Dec 22 2012, 04:04 PM) *
Chan Gailey (BUF), Ken Wisenhunt (ARI), Dennis Allen (OAK), Joe Philbin (MIA), Mike Munchak (TEN)??

I'm not so sure about Wisenhunt. I imagine Arizona isn't going to be looking to trade for any more Philly QBs soon.
Buffalo is a possibility. Oakland? I guess that depends on how you rate Vick vs Palmer. Miami could use him as a backup to Tannehill, so that might make sense. Tennessee could use him.
Phits
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Dec 22 2012, 05:36 PM) *
I'm not so sure about Wisenhunt. I imagine Arizona isn't going to be looking to trade for any more Philly QBs soon.
Buffalo is a possibility. Oakland? I guess that depends on how you rate Vick vs Palmer. Miami could use him as a backup to Tannehill, so that might make sense. Tennessee could use him.

I don't think Vick is a starter any longer. Unless it's for a team re-building and not prepared with their future QB yet.
Zero
QUOTE (Phits @ Dec 22 2012, 05:57 PM) *
I don't think Vick is a starter any longer. Unless it's for a team re-building and not prepared with their future QB yet.
Philadephia?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.