Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Andy Reid On Sunday
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
If they show him on the big screen with a minute left in the game on Sunday, do you:

1. Chant "Fi-yer An-Dee"
2. Boo lustily
3. Have no reaction
4. Give a polite golf clap
5. Give him a standing ovation.

To me, I am assuming that the decision is made on his fate, and whatever I do will have no bearing on that.

I've never been an Andy guy, but I give him a standing ovation.

Thanks for the memories.

Time to Move On.

Anyone?
Bocadelphia Eagles John
I would do the same.

This is not the time for any bitterness on his deaprture. It is a time to say thank you, he is, after all, the winningest coach in Eagles history. And he came ever so close to bringing the city our first ever Lombardi trophy. He should be given respect and allowed to depart with dignity.

I believe the fans will take the high road and show the world we don't just throw snowballs at Santa Claus. The man has had to face personal pain that I cannot relate to it is that enormous. And were it not for the injuries who knows what our year might have looked like.

A friend of mine, an NCAA football hall of famer is philosophical about the game. His only comment whenever I would ask him for any prediction would be to say the ball has a funny way of bouncing sometimes. And that is how close it is from winner to facing the end of your attempt for limelight.

Why do anything other than celebrate the good times and move on from the disappointments ? Give the man his due. Stand and acknowledge.

I doubt that Andy is done in the NFL. It's time for both sides to move on and both will find their way of moving forward into the unknown. If only I had a crystal ball that is reliable.
Zero
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Dec 19 2012, 11:39 PM) *
If they show him on the big screen with a minute left in the game on Sunday, do you:

1. Chant "Fi-yer An-Dee"
2. Boo lustily
3. Have no reaction

To me, I am assuming that the decision is made on his fate, and whatever I do will have no bearing on that.

I've never been an Andy guy, but I give him a standing ovation.

Thanks for the memories.

Time to Move On.

Anyone?

I'd go with the standing ovation, both for what he's done and for the fact (hopefully) that he's done here.
HobbEs
I'd go with the standing ovation as well for all he's done. But unfortunately it's what have you done for me lately and we all know lately hasn't been pretty. I hope the fans show him some love.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Dec 19 2012, 11:39 PM) *
1. Chant "Fi-yer An-Dee"
2. Boo lustily
3. Have no reaction

When McNabb came back wearing a Skins uniform, the fans gave a nice standing ovation, more than drowning out the few hundred degenerates who were booing (including my friend's stepfather who was next to me, I 'accidentally' elbowed him in the ribs to shut him up). DMac touched his chest and pointed towards us acknowledging the crowd, equally classy. I knew it would happen that way, despite what all the typical asshole haters on tv were saying.

I'm not going to the game, but I would join the crowd in what will definitely be a nice standing ovation if it happens that way, him being on the screen and all with a minute to go.

That being said, I'm still a bit worried that he's coming back for another year, I'm not going to believe he's fired until I hear the words out of the billionaire's mouth - and if he ISN'T put on screen with a minute left, my worries will increase.....
make_it_rain
I don't see how you can't give the guy a standing ovation. I would be extremely disappointed if people had the balls to try to boo the guy at his last home game, to say nothing about how something like that would solidify the concept of "trashy philly fan" in the media's mind. I'll be there, hopefully it doesn't happen.

Reid's forthcoming firing will be well-deserved, but it's the guys last game at the Linc, and he deserves recognition for everything he has done.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.