Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: As fans left the Bengals game in disgust, Rich Eisen on NFL TV said...
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
ClydeSide
"Mercifully this is coming to an end. And Philly fans can get back to what they do best....[meaning booing]."

Before he could complete the sentence, Michael Irvin and Marshall Faulk both said "Uh, no....uh no..." And shut him up.

I can't tell you how disgusted I am with how the national media [read New York] HATES Philly. They LOVE Andy Reid because he's a lovable loser. THE MEDIA THINKS WE DO NOT DESERVE TO WIN A SUPER BOWL--so they would like to see Andy Reid here forever.

How many times did we have to see the McNabb booing on draft day? Every stinking time we were on national TV. For over a decade.

And booing Santa Claus? THE GUY WAS DRUNK AND HE WAS THE WORST SANTA EVER. He DESERVED to get booed.

SCREW THE MEDIA. I hate those bastids.
Zero
Absofuckinglutely!
HobbEs
Who is Rich Eisen anyway? He's a nobody.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (ClydeSide @ Dec 18 2012, 07:04 PM) *
I can't tell you how disgusted I am with how the national media [read New York] HATES Philly. They LOVE Andy Reid because he's a lovable loser. THE MEDIA THINKS WE DO NOT DESERVE TO WIN A SUPER BOWL--so they would like to see Andy Reid here forever.

Most of the national sports media, and certainly ESPN, is NY-based, and thus they hate Philly - also, let's face it, every mickey mouse sports 'journalist' in America knows the best way to advance your career is to play the game - bash Philly, praise Favre, etc. It's just how it is.
ClydeSide
QUOTE (HobbEs @ Dec 19 2012, 09:13 AM) *
Who is Rich Eisen anyway? He's a nobody.

He's the most visible announcer on the NFL Network. He is indicative of the entire media complex's attitude toward Philly sports n general, and particularly the Eagles.
Reality Fan
and here I thought ESPN was in Bristol, Ct.......which they are.....I get up that way a lot since my brother lives in Avon.

In all honesty it is not just the national media it is also a large percentage of the NFL fanbase. I have lived in several other markets and coworkers always said they like the Eagles but hate their fans. Right or wrong, the perception is there and most of it that I have encountered is not based on the media's portrayal but rather actual interaction and as a diehard and longtime Eagles' fan I have often said the same thing.

A perfect example was a moment I had on the subway after a game. I used to park at Fern Rock and take the subway in and I was riding back to my car with some friends and this guy was ranting about the loss and he said Cunningham was terrible and even in the stands he could see his eyes lock on his targets so the defense knew where it was going. The problem with that was that Cunningham was wearing a black visor. Needless to say that was the final straw and I told the guy what a tool he was. I am not saying that all Eagles fans are like that but a very vocal minority fuels the perception.
bwc2112
I will give a leg up on the NYC thing, They ruined Nascar,football, the banks...........the list goes on.
They claim to have Three Football Teams, Two are based in New Jersey and one in Buffalo that make ONE real NY team. Fuck the JERSEY GIANTS and the JERSEY JETS!
nephillymike
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Dec 19 2012, 08:28 PM) *
and here I thought ESPN was in Bristol, Ct.......which they are.....I get up that way a lot since my brother lives in Avon.

In all honesty it is not just the national media it is also a large percentage of the NFL fanbase. I have lived in several other markets and coworkers always said they like the Eagles but hate their fans. Right or wrong, the perception is there and most of it that I have encountered is not based on the media's portrayal but rather actual interaction and as a diehard and longtime Eagles' fan I have often said the same thing.

A perfect example was a moment I had on the subway after a game. I used to park at Fern Rock and take the subway in and I was riding back to my car with some friends and this guy was ranting about the loss and he said Cunningham was terrible and even in the stands he could see his eyes lock on his targets so the defense knew where it was going. The problem with that was that Cunningham was wearing a black visor. Needless to say that was the final straw and I told the guy what a tool he was. I am not saying that all Eagles fans are like that but a very vocal minority fuels the perception.

Problem though, you give a bad example IMO. Until he played with Minn that one great year, Randall DID lock on his first option. So IF Randall was wearing a visor that day, obviously the guy couldn't see it from the stands BUT what he said Randall was doing was probably very accurate.

Fern Rock eh? Not too far from where I grew up. We used to walk from my neighborhood about two miles to the FR station and go down on the expresses to the Vet. Maybe stop by Harvey's pizza for some slices if we had enough time. Nothing like a subway car full of the City of Brotherly Love's finest fans. That ain't love brother!!

While I will agree the fans emotional state is not always stable and the pendulem rarely stops in the middle, they normally get it right, albeit with a lack of decorem (sp?) that some refined fans may long for. They call it like they see it and most times they call it right. Most times.

They said Dawk was the real deal and bitched an moaned when they let him go. They were right. He is legend.

They loved Reggie and said he was full of shit when he said God told him to go to Green Bay. They were right.

They said Norman Braman, one of their own, was a cheap SOB and showed him no respect. They were right.

They said Andy Reid would not win a SB here in Philly. Unfortunately, they were right.

They said McNabb was overated and not a leader. They were right. He failed miserably when he left and many of his teamates confirm his lack of leadership now that they are retired and can speak freely.

They were wrong to boo Schmidt for parts of his career, but they appreciated him near the end and Schmidt said they made him a better player.

They were wrong, initially, to applaud when coke head Irvin got hurt, but after quieting down, were spot on in booing the shit out of that fraud Sanders and his healing jesture filled exhibition he put on on the sideline.

They were right for throwing snowballs at that fraud of a Santa that day. We have been spared a skinny drunken Santa ever since.

I guess, technically, we were wrong for throwing snowballs at Jimmy Johnson but fuck it, it was Jimmy Johnson and besides, we have DA's turned mayor, turned Gov, turned post game hosts, turned Woosification sensations who started their illustrious careers by doing that.

They were wrong to boo Hamels early last year in that one outing. No excuse for that one. But Cole forgave us.

We are wrong not to boo Rollins' lack of hustle with more gusto. Look for a correction of that this year.

So, what I'm saying, over the long haul, how we say it is wrong most times, what we say is normally right on. And what we do, show up and buy shit, is every owner's lifelong dream.

I wouldn't trade our fan base in for any other in the NFL.

Zero
That rant should be published!
xsv
The funniest thing about this post is that you said 'They' for everything except 'Throwing snoballs at Jimmy Johnson'. For this you said, 'We'.

wink.gif

QUOTE (nephillymike @ Dec 19 2012, 11:31 PM) *
Problem though, you give a bad example IMO. Until he played with Minn that one great year, Randall DID lock on his first option. So IF Randall was wearing a visor that day, obviously the guy couldn't see it from the stands BUT what he said Randall was doing was probably very accurate.

Fern Rock eh? Not too far from where I grew up. We used to walk from my neighborhood about two miles to the FR station and go down on the expresses to the Vet. Maybe stop by Harvey's pizza for some slices if we had enough time. Nothing like a subway car full of the City of Brotherly Love's finest fans. That ain't love brother!!

While I will agree the fans emotional state is not always stable and the pendulem rarely stops in the middle, they normally get it right, albeit with a lack of decorem (sp?) that some refined fans may long for. They call it like they see it and most times they call it right. Most times.

They said Dawk was the real deal and bitched an moaned when they let him go. They were right. He is legend.

They loved Reggie and said he was full of shit when he said God told him to go to Green Bay. They were right.

They said Norman Braman, one of their own, was a cheap SOB and showed him no respect. They were right.

They said Andy Reid would not win a SB here in Philly. Unfortunately, they were right.

They said McNabb was overated and not a leader. They were right. He failed miserably when he left and many of his teamates confirm his lack of leadership now that they are retired and can speak freely.

They were wrong to boo Schmidt for parts of his career, but they appreciated him near the end and Schmidt said they made him a better player.

They were wrong, initially, to applaud when coke head Irvin got hurt, but after quieting down, were spot on in booing the shit out of that fraud Sanders and his healing jesture filled exhibition he put on on the sideline.

They were right for throwing snowballs at that fraud of a Santa that day. We have been spared a skinny drunken Santa ever since.

I guess, technically, we were wrong for throwing snowballs at Jimmy Johnson but fuck it, it was Jimmy Johnson and besides, we have DA's turned mayor, turned Gov, turned post game hosts, turned Woosification sensations who started their illustrious careers by doing that.

They were wrong to boo Hamels early last year in that one outing. No excuse for that one. But Cole forgave us.

We are wrong not to boo Rollins' lack of hustle with more gusto. Look for a correction of that this year.

So, what I'm saying, over the long haul, how we say it is wrong most times, what we say is normally right on. And what we do, show up and buy shit, is every owner's lifelong dream.

Birdman420
I like being an ass of a fan when I goto philly sporting events, I remember a flyers game i went to last years vrs the penguins... There was this loudmouth chick sitting behind us that was talking shit on philly the entire time until my friends and I turned around and said "Hey fuck off your in philly right now watch your slutty mouth" She erupted and tried to spill a drink on us and we offered her boyfriend to defend her honor, he dragged her out kicking and screaming so it was great.

Being a douche at a philly sporting event is half the fun and it's expected so why not get away with it once and a while? It's great stress relief anyway as long as nobody gets seriously hurt.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Dec 19 2012, 08:28 PM) *
and here I thought ESPN was in Bristol, Ct.......which they are.....

Why did I know you were going to be the one douchebag that nitpicked that? Yes, ESPN HQ is in CT, everyone knows that - 99% of their staff is from the NYC metro area and NY sports fans. Tool.
HOUSEoPAIN

I disagree that we were wrong to cheer that scumbag getting hurt - honestly, he's the epitome of what is wrong with professional sports. I'll never forget how awesome it was seeing him lying on the field - remember, this is the guy who gets raided while smoking crack and tells the cops 'do you know who I am?' - then shows up to court in a full-length fur coat and jewel-encrusted glasses.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Dec 20 2012, 01:03 PM) *
Why did I know you were going to be the one douchebag that nitpicked that? Yes, ESPN HQ is in CT, everyone knows that - 99% of their staff is from the NYC metro area and NY sports fans. Tool.

me? a tool?....I am hurt....and to think I apologized for being too impolite in my last post but now?...ok..here goes...You talk about the ESPN crowd being from New York? And you know that how? For your information many live in the Hartford area....hell, Karl Ravech gives my brother tickets for a charity auction every year but of course you know better.....and I am the tool. Most of the 'talent" lives around the country, not in the NYC metro area, not all their personalities palyed for the . Simply amazing and consistently ignorant.

Hell I think even Dan Patrick still lives in Milford, CT.

But I guess to you that is still New York...and I am the tool.
Reality Fan

I am not saying that the majority of the fan base is bad........you miss my point .......what I am saying is that there is a very vocal minority that spoils the reputation for the whole......

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.