Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sean Payton and Saints "not close". He may "open it up"
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
ClydeSide
Jay Glazer of FoxSports.com says the Saints and Payton are not close to a deal:

“People thought this is between the Saints and Dallas,” Glazer said on Fox’s pregame show, per NFL.com. “If this thing doesn’t get done … (Payton) is going to open it up everywhere. He’s really not going to limit his options.”

Also Peter King had this to say:

" think, as I’ve thought since news of the canceled Sean Payton contract in New Orleans broke, that the longer the stalemate lasted, the bigger the chance Payton would leave. And maybe Jay Glazer’s strong report Sunday — that Payton isn’t close to a deal and will not limit his options to New Orleans and Dallas if a deal isn’t reached soon — is posturing, but keep in mind that Glazer is closer than anyone in the media to Payton. He knows."

How much of this is negotiation tactics? Who knows--but if he opens it up, there are a lot of teams that would want him.

Zero
I can't imagine him going to Dallas. Jones has the reputation and the track record for insisting that it's HIS show and Payton is a proven comodity.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Zero @ Dec 18 2012, 06:50 AM) *
I can't imagine him going to Dallas. Jones has the reputation and the track record for insisting that it's HIS show and Payton is a proven comodity.

Jones seems to take a step back seemingly once a decade, after an extended term of futility. He lets someone come in and run the show, rebuild the roster, the have a falling out. Then he proceeds to systematically destroy the team over the next couple of seasons.

It's a nice pattern smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.