Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Garrett Reid - steroids
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
mcnabbulous
Apparently he was in possession of 4 different types upon his death. He had been working as a strength coach with the team. Not sure if there will be any implications against the team.

If the team was using, it should be proof that steroids have no impact on being good at football.
Dreagon
I would think the league would be well advised to tread carefully where the subject of Garrett Reid is concerned.
TGryn
With Goodell, it wouldn't surprise me if the steroids were seen as a more serious violation than the heroin that actually killed GR. "Integrity of the game" and all that, which the league pays lip service to.
mcnabbulous
The thing about steroids is that I do think it is directly related to the head injury stuff the league is dealing with, so they have a right to go after it hard. If players are going to sue the league for the aftermath of damaging hits, the players should be open to whatever testing is necessary to eliminate drugs that allow their opponents to be bigger, faster and stronger.
BirdsWinBaby
QUOTE (TGryn @ Dec 17 2012, 08:33 PM) *
With Goodell, it wouldn't surprise me if the steroids were seen as a more serious violation than the heroin that actually killed GR. "Integrity of the game" and all that, which the league pays lip service to.

That would make sense. The concern here is what may have been supplied to players by a team staff member/drug dealer. Players don't often have problems with heroin because its easily detected and its the opposite of a PED which is what would concern a league official
D Rock
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Dec 17 2012, 07:05 PM) *
If the team was using, it should be proof that steroids have no impact on being good at football.

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Dec 17 2012, 02:05 PM) *

You ever see the Mitchell Report? How many of those players sucked ass?

David Bell was juicing while he was batting around .200, hitting 4 homers a year, and being injured most of the time while stealing money.

If you're gonna cheat, at least hit 73 home runs.....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.