Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: One thing I dislike about Foles
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Dr. Claw
(and honestly, there isn't too much) is his underthrowing on the deep ball. I don't expect to hear much about that from the beat writers but it's a little disconcerting. that lead to one pick, and another almost-pick which killed a drive.

other than that, he was OK tonight.

FUCK ALL THESE FUMBLES IN THE GOAT ASS!
SAM I Am
Yeah. He really needs to work on the long ball.
Rick
I'm with you. He looks better each week. I had heard his long ball was very nice, I'm not seeing it.

I wonder if someone didn't make a mistake on that ball he threw last night. It was sooooooo underthrown I wonder if the receiver was expected to do something else or Foles was supposed to do something else. At least I'm hoping it was something like that (maybe wishful thinking though).

But god damn I just can't understand how this team can continually just not take care of the ball in this league. It's beyond comprehension. I don't care why they fumble the ball, muff a kick, etc. they just CAN'T do it. You don't see NE do it. You don't see ANY of the teams who are in contention doing it. It drives me crazy to do this EVERY friggin' week!

You'd think these players would try and step it up a bit as I think they're playing for their jobs next season regardless of whether Lurie is stupid and brings back Reid or not. There will be a lot of personnel changes in the off season.
Zero
QUOTE (Rick @ Dec 14 2012, 07:02 AM) *
I'm with you. He looks better each week. I had heard his long ball was very nice, I'm not seeing it.

I wonder if someone didn't make a mistake on that ball he threw last night. It was sooooooo underthrown I wonder if the receiver was expected to do something else or Foles was supposed to do something else. At least I'm hoping it was something like that (maybe wishful thinking though).

But god damn I just can't understand how this team can continually just not take care of the ball in this league. It's beyond comprehension. I don't care why they fumble the ball, muff a kick, etc. they just CAN'T do it. You don't see NE do it. You don't see ANY of the teams who are in contention doing it. It drives me crazy to do this EVERY friggin' week!

You'd think these players would try and step it up a bit as I think they're playing for their jobs next season regardless of whether Lurie is stupid and brings back Reid or not. There will be a lot of personnel changes in the off season.

It's been like this the entire season. The players know Reid is toast but I'm confused why they aren't auditioning for the new guy.

As to Foles, I'm thinking it's his mechanics on the long ball. I'm no QB coach and I really don't know about the mechanics but with the pressure the QB knows is coming on almost every play I can see that a young guy might just lose some detail focus ... even if the pressure isn't there on that play.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Dr. Claw @ Dec 13 2012, 11:29 PM) *
(and honestly, there isn't too much) is his underthrowing on the deep ball. I don't expect to hear much about that from the beat writers but it's a little disconcerting. that lead to one pick, and another almost-pick which killed a drive.

other than that, he was OK tonight.

FUCK ALL THESE FUMBLES IN THE GOAT ASS!

Fortunately throwing deep is a skill that can be learned or improved. Unlike pocket presence and keeping your eyes downfield.
GQSmooth
That deep ball is my only concern with Foles. Everything else he is fine.
Reality Fan
I mentioned my concern on his deep ball before but I think he can learn that. In the preseason he threw it flat and now he is trying to loft it. He just needs to find a happy medium. The bottom line is that, unlike Kolb, he is calm. He never seems scared or flustered. I think he actually might end up being something special especially when he has the real O line in front of him.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.