Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: When did Brown stop running up the middle?
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
mcnabbulous
Bounces everything outside the past two games.
Zero
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Dec 13 2012, 09:36 PM) *
Bounces everything outside the past two games.

He's very football young and he's had success going outside. The coaches need to stand on the sideline with a Smith and Wesson and kick up some dirt every time he tries that. biggrin.gif Teams now know he has that speed and are ready for him. He's big enough he needs to punish the LB and S. BAM! Wipe the snot off dude.
GQSmooth
Its the play call. It's a pet peeve of mine with Marty M. I couldn't understand why they kept calling stretch plays for Brown then have one play with Dion Lewis and send him off guard. Lewis needs the stretch plays, Brown should be coming through the A or B gaps preferably with a FB in the lead. With Marty M in charge the running game is just misused and the screens leave a lot to be desired. I don't know if it's just the talent we have or did Childress just do a better job prepping the players.
mcnabbulous
I think the play calling is about 50% of the problem. Brown looks scared to me. He had two nice runs yesterday. Both when he cut back up the middle.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.