Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anticipation Over a Meaningless Game Tonight
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Bocadelphia Eagles John
The fan in me can't resist the urge to have some anticipation in the wake of our on going winning streak.

I enjoyed our last game so much, throughout the game, not just the outcome, that my appetite has been teased and has a hard on. I'll get in some provisions and settle in to do what I enjoy doing most, watching the Eagles play football ... uh .. with some exceptions during this wierdest of years that is .. the fan in me won't be repressed it seems.

So ... with the anticipation there's a reality that is casting a cloud over the vicinity of my presence.

I'm thinking we're going to get our asses kicked down the block, around the corner, up the hill, then back down again and all the way back to where the kick first took life.

If my evil prediction turns out to be accurate I don't know what I'll do or how I'll react. All I know is, I fear for the survival of our winning streak and can't bear to contemplate any probability of what it will do to me, my psyche, and my general air of well being.

But there's this too. If the streak holds, I just know I'll have a buzz and close out the night on a high note and feelings the world is A-OK in my book.

OH .. btw .. had a wierd day yesterday. I live in Naples, Florida now. Driving around town running some errands, on 4 occasions I came across cars displaying Eagles logo. With each I exchanged jovial greetings, spoke briefly about our origins back up in PA and carried on doing what I had been doing but feeling better that there were kindred spirits visibly on display in my new town far, far way from the Linc. We got a posse here.

That is all ... carry on...

Go Eagles ! Keep the streak alive .. or not ... pick your poison.
Phits
for what it's worth, the Bengals have lost 9 straight prime time games... So that's another streak that the Eagles can keep alive.
Dreagon
I honestly think you guys can beat the Bengals. Ya'll are actually built to do it better than we were. A QB with a quick release and a running game is the way to attack them...and yall have that. So I think you can score on them.

The question is whether or not you guys can stop them from scoring on you...
ClydeSide
QUOTE (Bocadelphia Eagles John @ Dec 13 2012, 03:16 PM) *
The fan in me can't resist the urge to have some anticipation in the wake of our on going winning streak.

I enjoyed our last game so much, throughout the game, not just the outcome, that my appetite has been teased and has a hard on. I'll get in some provisions and settle in to do what I enjoy doing most, watching the Eagles play football ... uh .. with some exceptions during this wierdest of years that is .. the fan in me won't be repressed it seems.

So ... with the anticipation there's a reality that is casting a cloud over the vicinity of my presence.

I'm thinking we're going to get our asses kicked down the block, around the corner, up the hill, then back down again and all the way back to where the kick first took life.

If my evil prediction turns out to be accurate I don't know what I'll do or how I'll react. All I know is, I fear for the survival of our winning streak and can't bear to contemplate any probability of what it will do to me, my psyche, and my general air of well being.

But there's this too. If the streak holds, I just know I'll have a buzz and close out the night on a high note and feelings the world is A-OK in my book.

OH .. btw .. had a wierd day yesterday. I live in Naples, Florida now. Driving around town running some errands, on 4 occasions I came across cars displaying Eagles logo. With each I exchanged jovial greetings, spoke briefly about our origins back up in PA and carried on doing what I had been doing but feeling better that there were kindred spirits visibly on display in my new town far, far way from the Linc. We got a posse here.

That is all ... carry on...

Go Eagles ! Keep the streak alive .. or not ... pick your poison.

AS LONG AS THEY PROTECT FOLES, IT WILL BE FUN.
mcnabbulous
I was in a full-blown "Lose out for draft position" state of mind. Now I want to see Foles and Co. win out. I'm pretty excited about tonight. See the kid's progression.
SAM I Am
QUOTE (ClydeSide @ Dec 13 2012, 06:00 PM) *
AS LONG AS THEY PROTECT FOLES, IT WILL BE FUN.

Foles will be going up against the best defense he has seen so far, coming off of a short week. And they will be coming after him all night.

I hate to say it, but tonight may be a learning experience he will take a lot from, but want to forget.

I expect him to throw his first pick tonight --- even though he has thrown a few balls that should have been picked had the defenders hands not been made of stone.

I don't want to see him throwing the ball 50 times tonight.

Run the ball Andy!

Stay healthy Nick huh.gif

The Eagles' winning streak probably ends tonight sad.gif

Bocadelphia Eagles John
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Dec 13 2012, 04:18 PM) *
I honestly think you guys can beat the Bengals.

The question is whether or not you guys can stop them from scoring on you...

OK Dreagon. I guess you simply can't help yoursef.

So ... here are your instructions.

1. Open mouth

2. Insert foot

In that order.

Repeat frequently whether you are alone or with someone.
Dreagon
What the hell happened? You guys were in the game at halftime! I didn't get to see it.
Zero
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Dec 14 2012, 01:20 AM) *
What the hell happened?

Eyrie
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Dec 14 2012, 06:20 AM) *
What the hell happened? You guys were in the game at halftime! I didn't get to see it.

They scored, we turned the ball over, they scored, we turned the ball over, they scored ....
Dreagon
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Dec 14 2012, 04:10 PM) *
They scored, we turned the ball over, they scored, we turned the ball over, they scored ....

Ugh. Yeah, those kind of downward spirals suck.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.