Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Winning By 1 or 2 points.
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Bocadelphia Eagles John
OK, so it's a win by 2 points. Anyone want to refuse it ? Not me .. no sir.

And I remind you the girls beat Bungles by 1. Bet they ain't bitchin' about it.

And when the result is known on Thursday, and we eek out another W by 1 or 2 points, sure, I'll be dealing with mixed blessings, but it will sure feel good. I can tell already.

The thing about the 1 or 2 point experience is, it's an exciting one. Blowouts produce a lot of highlight reel. I want the highest number of W's on our side. And if I have to contend with a string of 1 or 2 point margins I'm up to the challenge.

This year is fucked, but I now have some reason to watch my team with interest. The future is a different and mysterious story yet to unfold. Just hope God decides to keep me on this side of the grass till the day of redemption arives and we finally get to place a trophy in that empty case.

GO EAGLES ...... ( and .. please, God ... )
TGryn
Beware of Reid's "Santa Claus" mojo: his career record in December is now 41-16, a 72% winning percentage.
Flying Dutchman
QUOTE (Bocadelphia Eagles John @ Dec 10 2012, 04:02 PM) *
This year is fucked, but I now have some reason to watch my team with interest. The future is a different and mysterious story yet to unfold. Just hope God decides to keep me on this side of the grass till the day of redemption arives and we finally get to place a trophy in that empty case.

GO EAGLES ...... ( and .. please, God ... )

Agreed, I'ld rather have the wins and see the kid grow in the process. Just hope and pray the Good Lord does keep you around here. If not, I'm sure Goo and Moose will save you a spot on the upper sidelines!
Bocadelphia Eagles John
QUOTE (Flying Dutchman @ Dec 10 2012, 04:48 PM) *
Agreed, I'ld rather have the wins and see the kid grow in the process. Just hope and pray the Good Lord does keep you around here. If not, I'm sure Goo and Moose will save you a spot on the upper sidelines!

cheers.gif
Dreagon
QUOTE (Bocadelphia Eagles John @ Dec 10 2012, 02:02 PM) *
And I remind you the girls beat Bungles by 1. Bet they ain't bitchin' about it.

Nah. If we're bitching it's because we have the sneaking feeling we should have lost that game by two touchdowns. I don't think the Bengals punter ever took the field. Cincy just had a bad case of the dropsies when it mattered most....when they were in the red zone, and when Tony was throwing it to their defensive backs.

It was a win, and we'll take it. But it wasn't the type to inspire confidence for finishing off the year against the Steelers, Saints, and Redskins.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.