Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: TAKEAWAYS and GIVEAWAYS
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
ClydeSide
I thnk these stats are prior to yesterday's game:

Takeaways
Ginats 20 INT 14 fumbles
Eagles 7 INT 3 fumbles

Giveaways
Ginats 13 INT 5 fumbles
Eagles 12 INT 17 fumbles

GINATS +16 First in the NFC
EAGLES -19 Last in the NFC

AFC
Kansas City -22
New England +24

That explains our season.

In the NFC, Cowboys are next worst at -10, and the Eagles are almost twice as bad as them. Eli's 13 interceptions stand out-- but our 17 fumbles is horrendous. Look at Belichick again though--again.

link:
http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/s...osition/defense
xsv
QUOTE (ClydeSide @ Dec 10 2012, 10:04 AM) *
I thnk these stats are prior to yesterday's game:

Takeaways
Ginats 20 INT 14 fumbles
Eagles 7 INT 3 fumbles

Giveaways
Ginats 13 INT 5 fumbles
Eagles 12 INT 17 fumbles

GINATS +16 First in the NFL
EAGLES -19 Last in the NFL

Cowboys are next worst at -10, and the Eagles are almost twice as bad as them.

Eli's 13 interceptions stand out-- but our 17 fumbles is horrendous.

link:
http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/s...osition/defense

A good chunk of those come from M. Vick fumbling 10 times in 7 games.

Eli Manning has 5.
ClydeSide
QUOTE (xsv @ Dec 10 2012, 10:14 AM) *
A good chunk of those come from M. Vick fumbling 10 times in 7 games.

Eli Manning has 5.

SO, you don't have to be Peyton Manning to win 2 Super Bowls! My god, I am enjoying watchng him tear it up in Denver. I hope it's New England and Denver in the AFC Championship.
Zero
QUOTE (ClydeSide @ Dec 10 2012, 10:04 AM) *

Yes and no. Great point that exposes much of the futility on both sides of the ball. But, the other major problem was the apparent apathy, or stupidity on the defensive side of the ball. How a collection of players capable of playing in the NFL can make so many gaffs so many times is beyond understanding.
ClydeSide
[quote name='Zero' date='Dec 13 2012, 07:27 AM' post='242119']
Yes and no. Great point that exposes much of the futility on both sides of the ball. But, the other major problem was the apparent apathy, or stupidity on the defensive side of the ball. How a collection of players capable of playing in the NFL can make so many gaffs so many times is beyond understanding.

Yeah, the defense has been a huge disappointment to me. Namdi is a bust and Rogers-Cromartie is too soft. The safeties suck. The line is getting a little better, Kendricks is going to be great at the WIL, Meco can't cover the way he used to, and Clayton has a chance to show if he can play the SAM.

A priority for me is to get a Polumalu/Reed type of safety that can play zone coverage or come up and stuff the run if needed. We have to get that HYBRID type safety that allows us to play Cover 4 as needed. (Pittsburg and Ravens as examples)

You know, you subtract Vick's fumbles and add an effective defense, we make the playoffs. JJ's defenses were structured to maximize takeaways. The top defenses in the NFL do the same thing. TAKEAWAYS gives the ball to FOLES--a guy who can convert.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.