Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: This stat seems nuts to me
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
mcnabbulous
Per Rueben Frank...

Last Eagles QB with consecutive games of 60% completion, 250 passing yards, 1+ TD pass and 0 INT: Donovan vs. Giants and Saints in 2003.

I can't believe Donnie never did that in 2004.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Dec 9 2012, 09:04 PM) *
Per Rueben Frank...

Last Eagles QB with consecutive games of 60% completion, 250 passing yards, 1+ TD pass and 0 INT: Donovan vs. Giants and Saints in 2003.

Wow.....
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Dec 9 2012, 10:12 PM) *
Wow.....

Forget 04, I'm shocked he didn't do that from 05-10, aloong with Garcia and Vick.....
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Dec 9 2012, 11:16 PM) *
Forget 04, I'm shocked he didn't do that from 05-10, aloong with Garcia and Vick.....

Right. The stat, in and of itself, is mind blowing. I just figured it had to have happened in 2004. I knew our QB play had been inconsistent, but it's really staggering.
TGryn
Not sure its really meaningful, since McNabb came within 5 and 6 yards respectively of doing that twice in 2004. Its the "consecutively" that makes it hard. Garcia didn't even come close in '06.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (TGryn @ Dec 9 2012, 11:26 PM) *
Not sure its really meaningful, since McNabb came within 5 and 6 yards respectively of doing that twice in 2004. Its the "consecutively" that makes it hard. Garcia didn't even come close in '06.

I would wager that teams getting great QB play see it regularly. That's kind of my point.
Bocadelphia Eagles John
I'm not yet ready to buy into any comparisons for N.F.

Donovan, in his early years, was an elusive wrecking ball. Nick is thrown in earlier than was anticipated and he is being nurtured. And it seems he reacts well to coaching.

I really like what I see out of this goofy kid ... we either have a true future super star on our hands, or he'll hit a wall somewhere.

What amazed me today is the intensity with which the team rallied and looked like they were serious about giving a spanking to somebody today rather than taking one.

The mixed blessing of today finally gives me something to be interested about. Good luck to Nich Foles as he develops. I am keeping my excitement in reserve.

I've been bitten too often .. so I'm running on "caution, unkown future ahead" .

But isn't it great to see interest rising among us ? Finally, something real good to talk about and observe. cheers.gif
ClydeSide
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Dec 9 2012, 09:04 PM) *
Per Rueben Frank...

Doesn't surprise me at all.
TGryn
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Dec 9 2012, 08:49 PM) *
I would wager that teams getting great QB play see it regularly. That's kind of my point.

The numbers support that. Brady's done it three different times this year alone. Peyton M. has done it once this year, and Eli managed it once last year.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (TGryn @ Dec 10 2012, 11:09 AM) *

In general, I think that the milestones used were pretty fair. 60% is a logical number to use for completion percentage. 250 is sensible yardage number. Maybe a bit high, but fair. And the picks/interceptions are fair.

I've made the argument several times that we haven't had consistent enough QB play to make a realistic run in the playoffs, which requires 3-4 games of solid play. The fact that we haven't had back-to-back games like that since 2003 seems to echo that sentiment.
ClydeSide
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Dec 10 2012, 10:20 AM) *
In general, I think that the milestones used were pretty fair. 60% is a logical number to use for completion percentage. 250 is sensible yardage number. Maybe a bit high, but fair. And the picks/interceptions are fair.

I've made the argument several times that we haven't had consistent enough QB play to make a realistic run in the playoffs, which requires 3-4 games of solid play. The fact that we haven't had back-to-back games like that since 2003 seems to echo that sentiment.

Good point. Also, the WCO where short passes are essentially handoffs, less than 60% is horrendous.

The quarterback runs the offense. Do you thnk Andy finally figured that out?
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (ClydeSide @ Dec 10 2012, 11:55 AM) *
Good point. Also, the WCO where short passes are essentially handoffs, less than 60% is horrendous.

I would say that at this point, 65% is the number for great QB play.

The quarterback runs the offense. Do you thnk Andy finally figured that out?

I'm not sure what you mean by this.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.