Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Andy Reid should stay
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Lanokapete
Listen I am upset all are all fan of this year especially seeing how bad the rest of division is but if not Andy Reid. Than who else withou having to start all over and lose 5 years of building back
make_it_rain
Bocadelphia Eagles John
I've been predicting Andy stays.

But ...

We still have a few games for the executive jury to make their decision.

It sure is interesting to observe. And a huge pain in the ass to have to put up with a losing season when my hopes were so high and then dashed.

If we play competetive in the remaining games then the case to extend him will be strong. If we play as we had been, they'll move on.

Boca's jury is still out so I presume so are them upstairs.
Eyrie
QUOTE (Lanokapete @ Dec 9 2012, 09:44 PM) *
Listen I am upset all are all fan of this year especially seeing how bad the rest of division is but if not Andy Reid. Than who else withou having to start all over and lose 5 years of building back

I'm available biggrin.gif

Reid has been here long enough and whilst he remains a good coach it is time for a fresh approach.
VICKtory
I wouldn't say I WANT to see Andy back. But I certainly wouldn't be as upset as I know a lot of the other people here would be. I think with a new DC, getting rid of that garbage wide 9 SHOULD improve our defense.

We certainly need change, but I don't think we need to completely redo everything.

I think it would be ideal to bring in all new defensive coaches, and give Andy one last shot. I think he deserves it after all he's been through this year, especially considering there's no one standout coaching candidate I would be in favor of to replace him.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (Lanokapete @ Dec 9 2012, 04:44 PM) *

Or we can have another decade of mediocrity.....

Fire the Walrus!
ClydeSide
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Dec 9 2012, 05:32 PM) *
Or we can have another decade of mediocrity.....

Fire the Walrus!

I'm with you. Andy reached his level of incompetence. However, the players have been drafted for the WCO and JJ defense. What if the next guy wants a Giants type of offense and a Wade Phillips style defense? It will take time to sort through all of the personnel issues and change scouting and draft parameters.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (ClydeSide @ Dec 10 2012, 08:09 AM) *
I'm with you. Andy reached his level of incompetence. However, the players have been drafted for the WCO and JJ defense. What if the next guy wants a Giants type of offense and a Wade Phillips style defense? It will take time to sort through all of the personnel issues and change scouting and draft parameters.

Your argument has the exact same strength that it would've had last year, or the year before that, or the year before that.....

As long as he's here, his draft picks will be designed for his offense and defensive plan. So we can either keep him here until he dies on the field, or we can accept the fact that with a new coach comes new personnel changes and approaches to the game, and we might have to endure a shitty season or two - it's not like 4-9 is better.....
ClydeSide
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Dec 10 2012, 11:54 AM) *
Your argument has the exact same strength that it would've had last year, or the year before that, or the year before that.....

As long as he's here, his draft picks will be designed for his offense and defensive plan. So we can either keep him here until he dies on the field, or we can accept the fact that with a new coach comes new personnel changes and approaches to the game, and we might have to endure a shitty season or two - it's not like 4-9 is better.....

"ANDY REACHED HIS LEVEL OF INCOMPETENCE!!!!!!!!!!

Read the damn post before you assume what I said. SHEEESHHHHHHH!!!
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Dec 10 2012, 12:54 PM) *

The reason I liked the Foles pick was because it was the first QB Andy has drafted that wasn't this prototypical WCO QB.

It goes without saying that I'd like to see Andy stick around through next year. I understand the desire to get rid of him, and he's certainly made enough mistakes to get canned. I do think it would be better for Foles' development to have consistency from his first to second year.

Obviously after yesterday's game, it would be nice to see a full year of a defense not running the wide nine. We at least looked like a football team on that side of the ball.

I really don't like the idea of bringing in Kelly, which seems to be Howie's first choice.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (ClydeSide @ Dec 10 2012, 12:01 PM) *
"ANDY REACHED HIS LEVEL OF INCOMPETENCE!!!!!!!!!!

Read the damn post before you assume what I said. SHEEESHHHHHHH!!!

I read it, I just enjoy arguing tongue.gif
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Dec 10 2012, 12:19 PM) *
Obviously after yesterday's game, it would be nice to see a full year of a defense not running the wide nine. We at least looked like a football team on that side of the ball.

Perhaps the wide-9 really did make that much of a difference. Aso and DRC actually looked like they gave a shit.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Dec 10 2012, 01:39 PM) *
Perhaps the wide-9 really did make that much of a difference. Aso and DRC actually looked like they gave a shit.

I don't know too much about the intricacies, but apparently the responsibilities of the safeties were pretty significant with the wide-9. That change alone may be the difference. Anderson looked pretty good out there.
Phits
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Dec 10 2012, 12:19 PM) *
I really don't like the idea of bringing in Kelly, which seems to be Howie's first choice.

How about Bill O'Brien?
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Phits @ Dec 10 2012, 07:25 PM) *
How about Bill O'Brien?

I think O'Brien is a great coach, and I'd be really pissed if he left PSU, given the circumstances. He's already on record saying he won't leave. He seems to be a man of his word.
D Rock
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Dec 10 2012, 05:39 PM) *

I believe the difference in the D yesterday was all about effort from the corners and Colt Anderson playing for Coleman, not much to do with the changes in the line's set.
ClydeSide
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Dec 10 2012, 12:37 PM) *
I read it, I just enjoy arguing tongue.gif

Sorry--I've got the flu and I am cranky today.
Rick
This is a young team and it screams for someone to come in and be strict with them. Andy is not that guy.

He's also proven--time and time again--he's just not gonna get it done. I love that he brought back our team but it's time for a change. He has proven he will NOT change the way he approaches the game no matter how much things change. He has proven he will NOT effectively prepare this team and have them ready to play EVERY week.

It's time or him to go...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.