Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wooooooooooo Hoooooooooooooo!!!
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
SAM I Am
Nick Foles, you are officially the man in my book!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
VICKtory
sure did make me feel better about our future
Dr. Claw
QUOTE (SAM I Am @ Dec 9 2012, 04:24 PM) *
Nick Foles, you are officially the man in my book!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He kind of reminds me of Drew Bledsoe.

But this win is bittersweet. If the Eagles don't get a high pick in a season they NEED to rebuild (defensively) in...
xsv
QUOTE (Dr. Claw @ Dec 9 2012, 04:33 PM) *

But this win is bittersweet. If the Eagles don't get a high pick in a season they NEED to rebuild (defensively) in...

Reminds me more of Joe Flacco.

And SCREW rooting for a loss.
VICKtory
QUOTE (xsv @ Dec 9 2012, 04:37 PM) *

agree 100%

hopefully he can turn out a little better than Flacco, but no complaints with a Flacco level QB
Bocadelphia Eagles John

But this win is bittersweet.

He's been learning quickly. So fingers crossed that's how it continues. But the signs sure are good that he's a keeper and our future.

And you chose a perfect description .. bittersweet. That's right on.

But it was good to watch the team play to win. Amazing how the booth called out the CB tandem. And then gave the props because they DID play a different game today.

Which tells me they were sliding. Shame on 'em.

Am at peace with a bittersweet win and seeing Foles and Avant and several others who gave it there all today.

AND WHAT A GREAT PASS AND CATCH TO CLOSE IT OUT. Man. THAT'S what I want to see out of my team. GUTS and NEVER giving up.

I'm still predicting Andy stays ...
VICKtory

edit: double post
Reality Fan

I disagree......I think the idea that the talent level on this team sucks is offbase. They have some needs but the biggest thing will be new coaches and a new mentality. They will be getting a ton of talent back from injury for next year especially on the o line. They need depth but they may have gotten some of that on the o line with some of the new guys. They need safety help and a big WR and a corner or 2.

It is not the complete disaster that it seems.
Dr. Claw

All the reason to hope someone other than Andy is in the coach's chair. A 7-9 record MIGHT convince Lurie to try again.

I don't want the Eagles to win another game until the Giants game, so that they have a chance at a good draft pick.
They can't get in the playoffs, so blindly rooting for wins does what?

Dr. Claw
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Dec 9 2012, 04:49 PM) *
I disagree......I think the idea that the talent level on this team sucks is offbase. They have some needs but the biggest thing will be new coaches and a new mentality. They will be getting a ton of talent back from injury for next year especially on the o line. They need depth but they may have gotten some of that on the o line with some of the new guys. They need safety help and a big WR and a corner or 2.

It is not the complete disaster that it seems.

Exactly. I think this team wins about 10 games with a new coach who understands that the Eagles has more than the passing game at their disposal. Even the Cleveland Browns (with a nearly identical record, a BETTER O-Line, a BETTER secondary, but a QB I hope is replaced next season) gets this.

That doesn't mean I want Pat Shurmur in there either, but honestly... the goal should be, retain the good parts, and hope the dice falls your way in the draft.

If Andy remains I'm not optimistic about the draft picks, since he does seem to sign off on those.

xsv
QUOTE (Dr. Claw @ Dec 9 2012, 04:56 PM) *

It defines me as an Eagles fan.
Eyrie
QUOTE (Dr. Claw @ Dec 9 2012, 09:56 PM) *
All the reason to hope someone other than Andy is in the coach's chair. A 7-9 record MIGHT convince Lurie to try again.

I don't want the Eagles to win another game until the Giants game, so that they have a chance at a good draft pick.

Any thoughts I might have had in that direction were erased by my relief when Macklin caught the winning TD. I accept your logic but I can't help wanting my team to win.
Dr. Claw
QUOTE (xsv @ Dec 9 2012, 05:01 PM) *

Well, I'm thinking long-term.
It's time for a major change, not an incremental one.

Eagles aren't going to the playoffs this year, so all that's left is the draft. I hate the Giants so if they have a chance to spoil their playoff hopes that would be comedy. I mean, at best I'd like to see what parts we keep going forward.

But other than that... meh. Wins this season don't help them in the long term.
Bocadelphia Eagles John
QUOTE (xsv @ Dec 9 2012, 05:01 PM) *

good come back cheers.gif biggrin.gif laugh.gif rolleyes.gif blink.gif bowdown.gif jumpclap.gif
HOUSEoPAIN

4-12 or 5-11 here we come! jumpclap.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.