Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Apathy Alert
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Bocadelphia Eagles John
It's Saturday night.

We play a game tomorrow.

There is no comment about it on this site.

No one is asking for predictions.

There is a general air of the blahs in the air.

Has it ever been worse than this since this site was born ?

Apathy Alert police.gif
nephillymike
The Phils got a fast CF with a weak arm with a low number of walks who has never hit a HR.

Then we get a 36 yr old 3B who hasn't played 3B in a while.

The Sixers franchise big guy is not playing nor is he "bowling" us over.

The Flyers are still locked out.
SLOiggles
Prediction: Younger Eagles players continue to show that they're in fact hungry because they haven't received the huge contracts that the washed up overhyped assholes from FA received. Andy commits the same BS mistakes he has in the past, and we lose.

I think Foles will continue to show improvement and Bryce Brown should have a good game as well. Whether or not he exceeds 160 yards rushing for the third game in row is to be seen, but a buck and a score is feasible. Damaris Johnson needs to get more touches in this offense and Riley Cooper needs to show he can stay on this roster as a large tall red zone threat.

I'll talk about the defense, or lack thereof, later tonight, when I'm drunk...because lately that's the only time I can stomach discussing or watching the Eagles...
SLOiggles
For the defense...it's all about seeing how some of these younger top of the draft prospects adapt. Graham, Cox, Kendricks all are respectable at their positions, but the high picks used on them have also netted a lot of nothing. Kendricks seems like he's hit a rookie wall, Graham has finally gotten more than one sack in a game, and Cox can't even supplant Cullen Jenkins. With Patterson out this game (pretty sure), Cox will have a chance to cause some noise. But remember, the Bucs offensive line is not too shabby.

Asomugha and DRC should have another nice week of who can blame whom when each one gets burnt by either Vincent Jackson or Mike Williams. Or maybe Dallas Clark will. At least we can all have a little countdown until Asomugha is history either. Feel sorry for all the poor schmucks that laid down cash and got his jersey. Oh, by the way, anyone remember that one guy that was here that got ran out of town because he couldn't tackle? Well these guys can't COVER! I gave Asante Samuel a lot of grief too, but his turnover propensity made the missed tackles worthwhile at times. When's the last time this defense even generated a turnover? Or two in the same game? Unbelievable.

Bowles...he can't possibly look any worse right? I mean seriously, Castillo wasn't the problem, yet it seems no one talks about the fact that firing him was a colossal failure.

/Endrant

Eagles lose a close one early on, but Bucs pull away with the W. TB: 29 Eagles : 17
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (SLOiggles @ Dec 9 2012, 05:47 AM) *
Bowles...he can't possibly look any worse right? I mean seriously, Castillo wasn't the problem, yet it seems no one talks about the fact that firing him was a colossal failure.

I'll assume you were drunk when posting this, but lots of people have been talking about it. Especially because Andy all but said as much after Washburn was fired.
It's kind of ironic that, in hindsight, it appears that Castillo may have been a capable DC. He certainly was putting a more competitive product on the field than Bowles, despite the shit players and working with Washburn.
SLOiggles
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Dec 9 2012, 07:56 AM) *
I'll assume you were drunk when posting this, but lots of people have been talking about it. Especially because Andy all but said as much after Washburn was fired.

I'm blessed with the inability to hear or read Philadelphia sports journalists and fanbases. And due to the events that have transpired throughout this season, I've generally avoided even this board. And I wasn't specifically referring to Eagles fans, but the conversation in main stream media seems to avoid delving into the real issue at hand. Oh well...three more games.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.