Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Unfortunately, the Eagles can't even pick the right year to be terrible.
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
I really don't know how I feel about this. I do know I'd much rather be looking forward to figuring out home field advantage or who the Eagles play first in their march to the SB.
sad.gif mad.gif blink.gif wacko.gif Who's #1?
Dreagon
It's a good year to trade down a little and fortify the lines.
ClydeSide
QUOTE (Zero @ Dec 6 2012, 06:53 AM) *
I really don't know how I feel about this. I do know I'd much rather be looking forward to figuring out home field advantage or who the Eagles play first in their march to the SB.
sad.gif mad.gif blink.gif wacko.gif Who's #1?

I mentioned in another thread how amazing it is that the Indianapolis Colts WAIVE one of the greatest QB's in history, who gave them 14 years of spectacular, Hall of Fame quality play, THEN........

THEY TURN AROUND AND DRAFT ANDREW LUCK!!!! They won 10 games in 2010, then fall off to 3 wins in 2011 and pick up another POTENTIALLY franchise QB. The football gods have not been kind to the Philadelphia Eagles and its fans. We have not had a great QB since Sonny Jurgenson in 1963. 50 YEARS and not one great QB. Unbelievable.
Rick
QUOTE (ClydeSide @ Dec 6 2012, 12:25 PM) *
I mentioned in another thread how amazing it is that the Indianapolis Colts WAIVE one of the greatest QB's in history, who gave them 14 years of spectacular, Hall of Fame quality play, THEN........

THEY TURN AROUND AND DRAFT ANDREW LUCK!!!! They won 10 games in 2010, then fall off to 3 wins in 2011 and pick up another POTENTIALLY franchise QB. The football gods have not been kind to the Philadelphia Eagles and its fans. We have not had a great QB since Sonny Jurgenson in 1963. 50 YEARS and not one great QB. Unbelievable.

Well, I don't think they waive Manning if they didn't know they'd get their guy. So, while I agree with you on their luck (no pun intended), I don't think it's as amazing that they waived Manning and drafted a stud.
ClydeSide
QUOTE (Rick @ Dec 6 2012, 01:12 PM) *
Well, I don't think they waive Manning if they didn't know they'd get their guy. So, while I agree with you on their luck (no pun intended), I don't think it's as amazing that they waived Manning and drafted a stud.

I think that a little like a distinction without a diffrence.
HOUSEoPAIN
Ray Rhodes really helped us out the 3-13 year - Andy's first draft had some killer picks. Next year will we find that future Tra Thomas or Jeremiah Trotter?
D Rock
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Dec 6 2012, 08:28 PM) *
Ray Rhodes really helped us out the 3-13 year - Andy's first draft had some killer picks. Next year will we find that future Tra Thomas or Jeremiah Trotter?

Tra and Trott were both here before Reid's first draft.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (D Rock @ Dec 6 2012, 04:35 PM) *
Tra and Trott were both here before Reid's first draft.

You're right it was the year before Reid came here.

You see? I try to give the Walrus a compliment, and you ruin it tongue.gif
TGryn
QUOTE (ClydeSide @ Dec 6 2012, 10:25 AM) *
The football gods have not been kind to the Philadelphia Eagles and its fans. We have not had a great QB since Sonny Jurgenson in 1963. 50 YEARS and not one great QB. Unbelievable.

Randall and McNabb were both great in their own ways. Randall really was "The Ultimate Weapon" before his first injury in '91, though his potential was even greater than that. McNabb was pretty much the main offensive weapon from '00-'03; people forget exactly how dangerous he was as a run-pass combination because our more recent memories are of him after the injuries started to slow him down.

Also, Jurgensen's only "great" year with the Eagles was '61. His '62-'63 years were fairly miserable especially in terms of W-L, which is part of the reason he was traded for Snead.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.