Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dave Brubeck ... R.I.P.
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Bocadelphia Eagles John

I'M REALLY bummed now ...

saw him live twice, paul desmond is my sax hero ... and it's another friend leaving us .... hoping to see him again later ... sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif
ClydeSide
QUOTE (Bocadelphia Eagles John @ Dec 5 2012, 01:19 PM) *
I'M REALLY bummed now ...

saw him live twice, paul desmond is my sax hero ... and it's another friend leaving us .... hoping to see him again later ... sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif

TAKE FIVE--one of the greatest jazz songs ever--in 5/4 time. TOUGH TO DO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1S_vA0ougg
Bocadelphia Eagles John
QUOTE (ClydeSide @ Dec 5 2012, 03:51 PM) *
. TOUGH TO DO.

NPR was just playing it and I was air drumming to the 5/4 rhythm ... that was the secret to the magic of the sound with Paul's tones just circling the entire zone 360 degrees ... one of the great jazz standards of all time ... one of many by so many artists ...

Not that tough to do ... just .... 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 then repeat ... each quarter note getting 1 beat, just five of 'em instead of 4. ... marvelous stuff ...
ClydeSide
QUOTE (Bocadelphia Eagles John @ Dec 5 2012, 08:28 PM) *
NPR was just playing it and I was air drumming to the 5/4 rhythm ... that was the secret to the magic of the sound with Paul's tones just circling the entire zone 360 degrees ... one of the great jazz standards of all time ... one of many by so many artists ...

Not that tough to do ... just .... 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 then repeat ... each quarter note getting 1 beat, just five of 'em instead of 4. ... marvelous stuff ...

Check the link above--I screwed it up the first time.
Bocadelphia Eagles John
QUOTE (ClydeSide @ Dec 5 2012, 09:41 PM) *
Check the link above--I screwed it up the first time.

yah .. a slightly faster tempo than usual .. but great stuff ... thanks ...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.