Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Skinz
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Bocadelphia Eagles John
I didn't see the game, but I just did see the final score. And I have to admit it, I was shocked.

I wonder if this RG3 fellow foretells of a very bright future for them.

While we wallow in a sea of muddy waters and with me being anxious about ours.

How in the world did it get to be THIS bad ? Do we potentially face an entire DECADE ahead of having to claw our way through mess after mess ?

If that's the case, I have to be very honest about it. It increases the likelihood I could very well get to meet my maker without EVER being witness to the Eagles winning a super bowl.

That's a lousy and VERY hard possibility to have to accept.

I'm embarassed by our empty trophy case. Our NFC rivals are entitled to snicker when thinking of us. When I consider all the great wins we've had over them during Reid's tenure, I'm STILL left with a lousy taste in my mouth because ALL of them still face a bright future no matter what their current challenges.

I wonder if Lurie is embarassed. I wonder if Reid is too. They both should be, totally ashamed about how badly they keep letting down the fans.

I'm not a superstitious kind of guy. But damn it, the question IS worth asking. ARE WE CURSED ?
BirdsWinBaby
QUOTE (Bocadelphia Eagles John @ Dec 4 2012, 10:09 AM) *
I didn't see the game, but I just did see the final score. And I have to admit it, I was shocked.

Not shocking. We suck. But even we were able to get a win off the NYG.

Tough to predict how division games will go. The skinz suck too but they have RG3
Dreagon
It's amazing what a franchise QB can do for a team.

Now they've got hope and momentum. Even if they don't make the playoffs this year, they are going to be feeling pretty good about themselves during the offseason.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Dec 4 2012, 09:35 AM) *
It's amazing what a franchise QB can do for a team.

It's the single biggest element that determines success. I was pissed when the Redskins made the trade to get Griffin. I knew it changed our division dramatically.
JeeQ
Why couldn't we have sucked this hard last season sad.gif
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Dec 4 2012, 12:25 PM) *
Why couldn't we have sucked this hard last season sad.gif

We did. We just won a few games against shit teams down the stretch.
I can't believe Indy got two once in a lifetime prospects in just over a decade.
Bocadelphia Eagles John
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Dec 4 2012, 12:58 PM) *
I can't believe Indy got two once in a lifetime prospects in just over a decade.

My fear is, your observation assures me that if there is a curse it goes BEYOND simply having a bad record. We don't even know how to LOSE corretly.

Holy Cow !!

I'm starting to build quite a case that maybe there IS something about that curse suggestion.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Bocadelphia Eagles John @ Dec 4 2012, 01:11 PM) *
My fear is, your observation assures me that if there is a curse it goes BEYOND simply having a bad record. We don't even know how to LOSE corretly.

Holy Cow !!

I'm starting to build quite a case that maybe there IS something about that curse suggestion.

It's why I think we should draft Geno Smith if the opportunity presents itself. If he works out, we have our QB for a decade. If he sucks, we'll suck and be in position to draft a new QB in a few years.
We've been in NFL purgatory since 2004. Not good enough to win a SB, but not bad enough to be in position to draft one of the great QB's. I'd rather take a shot and miss, rather than suffer through that much longer.
HobbEs
We could've drafted OJ Simpson had we not won a meaningless game at the end of a season. Maybe there really is something to this curse thing?
Zero
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Dec 4 2012, 12:58 PM) *

You're forgetting a more critical ingredient: ownership. RGIII will give them hope and make them more competitive, but as long as arrogance and idiocy is leading a franchise failure is a more reasonable expectation.
Dreagon
QUOTE (Zero @ Dec 5 2012, 05:54 AM) *
You're forgetting a more critical ingredient: ownership. RGIII will give them hope and make them more competitive, but as long as arrogance and idiocy is leading a franchise failure is a more reasonable expectation.

True. Lets see if Snyder has the sense to give RGIII some real weapons now.
CT_Eagle
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Dec 5 2012, 01:26 PM) *
True. Lets see if Snyder has the sense to give RGIII some real weapons now.

I have no doubt that Snyder will open his wallet. He has never been shy in that regard. The real question is will Snyder overspend for the latest over the hill FA.
mcnabbulous
Dannyboy shouldn't spend a dime on offense. If he gets that defense in order, they'll be incredibly difficult to handle.

RGIII's natural progression will do enough to continue to allow that offense to flourish.

Whatever the circumstances, we're in for a decade of Snyder's decision making look a hell of a lot smarter. That's the nature of having a great QB. It hides other flaws.
Phits
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Dec 5 2012, 10:55 AM) *
Dannyboy shouldn't spend a dime on offense. If he gets that defense in order, they'll be incredibly difficult to handle.

RGIII's natural progression will do enough to continue to allow that offense to flourish.

Whatever the circumstances, we're in for a decade of Snyder's decision making look a hell of a lot smarter. That's the nature of having a great QB. It hides other flaws.

Finally, we agree whole heartedly on something.

cheers.gif
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Phits @ Dec 5 2012, 11:51 AM) *
Finally, we agree whole heartedly on something.

cheers.gif

It's at least happened twice before in the past 5 years.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.