Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Andy's day after press conference
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
SAM I Am
Says it was solely his decision to fire Washburn and he is glad to have Brasher back. Paraphrasing here, he said Jim Brasher knows what Andy wants to do, and is loyal to him. Hmmmmmm.

He said he was pondering for a little while about moving away from Washburn and his scheme. It wasn't just last night's game that made the decision for him. He would have made the decision to get rid of him even if they didn't look so bad last night.

The wide nine is history folks.

Dude really needs to do something about that mustache.

mcnabbulous
From what I'm reading, sounds like he clearly sees that he fired the wrong guy (Castillo) in October and he should have made this Washburn move a while back.
JeeQ
No More "Wide Open Middle" Defense? What A Shame
CT_Eagle
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Dec 3 2012, 06:38 PM) *
No More "Wide Open Middle" Defense? What A Shame

That remains to be seen. At least now we will know if all of the slants and crossing patters that were open were due to the line scheme or if our secondary really is as bad as it has looked.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (CT_Eagle @ Dec 3 2012, 01:24 PM) *
That remains to be seen. At least now we will know if all of the slants and crossing patters that were open were due to the line scheme or if our secondary really is as bad as it has looked.

Andy has already said it will be used sparingly and situationally. For all intents and purposes, it's dead.

Unfortunately, it doesn't change the fact that our secondary is terrible. But at least now the safeties may have fewer responsibilities.
CT_Eagle
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Dec 3 2012, 07:35 PM) *
But at least now the safeties may have fewer responsibilities.

Hopefully that allows them to look like they at least belong on the field. If the Eagle's have to upgrade all 4 positions in the secondary it is going to be a long rebuild. I am just looking for at least one of those guys panning out but I am doubtful.

I would also like to see Boykin get some more time back there. I generally don't like smurf corners but hopefully he can become a useful nickel back. Now is the time to find out.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (CT_Eagle @ Dec 3 2012, 01:48 PM) *
Hopefully that allows them to look like they at least belong on the field. If the Eagle's have to upgrade all 4 positions in the secondary it is going to be a long rebuild. I am just looking for at least one of those guys panning out but I am doubtful.

I would also like to see Boykin get some more time back there. I generally don't like smurf corners but hopefully he can become a useful nickel back. Now is the time to find out.

I would have to think that DRC is the one guy that may stick around...despite the fact that he has done little to earn that. Coleman shouldn't be out there to begin with and Allen looks completely lost. Hopefully the simplified responsibilities will bring out something better in him.
CT_Eagle
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Dec 3 2012, 07:51 PM) *
I would have to think that DRC is the one guy that may stick around...despite the fact that he has done little to earn that. Coleman shouldn't be out there to begin with and Allen looks completely lost. Hopefully the simplified responsibilities will bring out something better in him.

I was OK with DRC until Bryant made him his little b*tch last night. He should be ashamed of himself for the effort on that tackle. Why in the hell would he "attempt" to tackle a WR the size of Bryant up high. DRC should have went straight for his legs. He may have wiffed but at least he would not have looked like such a p*ssy.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (CT_Eagle @ Dec 3 2012, 01:54 PM) *
I was OK with DRC until Bryant made him his little b*tch last night. He should be ashamed of himself for the effort on that tackle. Why in the hell would he "attempt" to tackle a WR the size of Bryant up high. DRC should have went straight for his legs. He may have wiffed but at least he would not have looked like such a p*ssy.

I think putting attempt in quotes is spot on. He made no attempt. It was pretty clear.

I'm fine with him getting whacked after the season. All of them.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.