Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I thought Foles showed promise last night.
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
xsv
He seems to be a quick learner. Had a couple of bad throws, but didn't throw it into traffic as much as he did last week. His accuracy is starting to show through, though I still think he'll improve here as he gets used to the speed of the game.

I like that he knows when to throw it away.
I like that he can stand in there under pressure and deliver the ball spot on the money.
I like that you can see him go through his progressions. Several times in the replays, you saw his eyes go to his 3rd read.
I like that at 6'6" he seems to be able to easily see the entire field.
I like that he hits guys in stride, even when they are only 1/2 a step open.

He's showing me some promise. I'd like to see more.
Dreagon
Honestly, he did look good. And he showed poise after taking a big hit on his first play of the game.

Foles did everything necessary for ya'll to win that game. Whether he is your future starter or not, I really can't see a reason for you guys hanging on to Vick anymore. Not to mention, I think Foles actually makes Reid a better coach, because Reid runs a more balanced game with him and is more prone to use all his weapons.
Dr. Claw
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Dec 3 2012, 09:06 AM) *
Not to mention, I think Foles actually makes Reid a better coach, because Reid runs a more balanced game with him and is more prone to use all his weapons.

For now. But Reid always goes back to the same ol' same ol' after long enough.

In last night's game it was that 4-down stretch where they run a useless draw on 3rd and short, which then resulted in 4th and 13 on which they throw it 6 yards short of the marker.

classic Eagles "WTF" sequence.

Hopefully we will be rid of the Andy/Marty playbook and Foles will get to run in a "game manager" offense (which would have gotten the Eagles more than 3 wins this season if they had instilled it earlier). I think in that role, sky's the limit. If they try to make him play hero ball like he's an Andrew Luck-level talent, we're looking at disappointment. If they try to play him like Flacco (before Cam Cameron tried to turn him into HERO BALL man) we might be in business.

that being said, the absolute slurping being done by Michaels and especially Collinsworth was about as bad as watching a Packers game on Fox when Favre was still QB.

I did enjoy the exposure of the difference between Juan and Toilet Bowles though.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.