Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rumor: Andy Reid to Coach the Cowboys next year
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
ClydeSide
http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles...head_coach.html

Whatever goodwill Andy would surely recover in the next few years after his departure, going to the Cowboys would be the ultimate crap on the fans move ever. If Reid does that, you could take the last 14 years and flush them and him.

On the other hand, maybe he will take Mike Vick with him. That wouldn't be half bad.
Eyrie
Ye gods, no!

Much as I want Reid gone, he's too good a coach to end up at the Cowboys. Fortunately he'll have far better options (Chargers, wait a year) that he can decline the opportunity to be Jerry Jones' latest puppet.

Vick to the Cowboys would be fine, but Romo is competent enough that he won't start for them which would negate the benefit to us of the move.
HobbEs
I think the best situation for Andy would be at BYU.
Rick
I don't care who he coaches when he leaves the Eagles. He's got a right to earn a living. If he coaches for the Cowboys or Giants or whomever it makes no difference to me.
D Rock
QUOTE (ClydeSide @ Dec 3 2012, 02:13 PM) *
http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles...head_coach.html

Whatever goodwill Andy would surely recover in the next few years after his departure, going to the Cowboys would be the ultimate crap on the fans move ever. If Reid does that, you could take the last 14 years and flush them and him.

On the other hand, maybe he will take Mike Vick with him. That wouldn't be half bad.

Andy is a SoCal boy. He'll end in San Diego.
Dreagon
I don't think it will happen, to be honest. Garrett is 3-3 vs Reid, so no advantage to either side there. Reid is coming off a losing season, and if Garrett's seat really is hot there are guys like Holmgren expressing interest. There is also the rumor that Jerry is wooing Sean Payton, who's coached for him before. I doubt he will get Payton, but it's already December and the Saints are running out of time to sign him before the bidding war starts. If he's still unsigned then, the advantage switches to Jones, who will cheerfully outspend Bensen for Payton.

But if I were to be a betting man and had to put money down right now, I would say Jones makes Garrett hire an offensive coordinator who takes over the playcalling.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.