Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Draft
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
DeF Switch
Just 4 more games and we can be somewhere in the top 5 picks. Depending on how Chiefs,Raiders,Panthers, and Jaguars play, we might be in the top 3 if we lose out.

In the draft, I think we should trade back for more picks and get Eric Reid in the 1st round. Also, use the rest (majority) of the picks on the o-line. I seen mock drafts, so far, have us taking Luke Joeckel(IDK how to spell it).

What are your thoughts on the draft?
Dr. Claw
QUOTE (DeF Switch @ Dec 3 2012, 03:17 AM) *
Just 4 more games and we can be somewhere in the top 5 picks. Depending on how Chiefs,Raiders,Panthers, and Jaguars play, we might be in the top 3 if we lose out.

In the draft, I think we should trade back for more picks and get Eric Reid in the 1st round. Also, use the rest (majority) of the picks on the o-line. I seen mock drafts, so far, have us taking Luke Joeckel(IDK how to spell it).

What are your thoughts on the draft?

Yeah, I can see that. But who has the kind of picks on deck that would be willing to trade. Anyway, Eric Reid and Luke Joeckel sound like great picks for this team.
Dreagon
What yall might want to do is watch the Cotton Bowl this year (OU vs Texas A &M) and check out a OU's QB named Landry Jones. He will probably go in the mid-first round.
CT_Eagle
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Dec 3 2012, 02:35 PM) *
What yall might want to do is watch the Cotton Bowl this year (OU vs Texas A &M) and check out a OU's QB named Landry Jones. He will probably go in the mid-first round.

That is going to be a tough decison for the Eagles. At least I hope it is a tough position because that would mean they like the progression of Foles. They have a lot of holes on both sides of the ball. They will have to decide if Foles is good enough to skip QB this draft in order to fill other holes.
Eyrie
I'd rather take a T first, then look for a S. CB and WLB are also high on the list followed by TE.

But if Reid is the real deal then I have no problem with taking a T in round 2. Taking a T moves Herremans back to G, and an OL of Peters-Mathis-Kelce-Herremans-top pick will make the rest of the offense look mcuh better.

QB - Foles and a veteran who knows the system preferred by the new HC and OC.
RB - McCoy and Brown.
FB - Havili needs competition, but late pick or a UDFA.
WR - Jackson, Macklin (Playing for his next deal), Avant. Depth from Cooper/Johnson/McNutt/late pick.
TE - Celek. Mid round pick to compete with Harbor, maybe keep both.
OL - We're playing the back ups already which gives us an idea who to keep for depth.

DE - Cole, Graham, Curry, Hunt, Tapp - pretty decent group.
DT - Jenkins, Patterson, Cox, Thornton, Landri - ditto.
LB - Kendricks and Ryans, but beyond that there is little to be positive about.
CB - Asomugha and DRC are overpriced but I'd expect one to stay. Get a veteran FA for the other spot and see how Boykin developes in the offseason.
S - Need a lot of help. Allen may be decent depth and Coleman tries hard but neither is a starter. Anderson is a STs ace but no more.

Surprising amount of talent there, if it is given the right coaching and playcalling. I'm not convinced we're in total rebuild mode as opposed to having a down year.
Clamdigger
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Dec 3 2012, 10:39 AM) *
I'd rather take a T first, then look for a S. CB and WLB are also high on the list followed by TE.

But if Reid is the real deal then I have no problem with taking a T in round 2. Taking a T moves Herremans back to G, and an OL of Peters-Mathis-Kelce-Herremans-top pick will make the rest of the offense look mcuh better.

QB - Foles and a veteran who knows the system preferred by the new HC and OC.
RB - McCoy and Brown.
FB - Havili needs competition, but late pick or a UDFA.
WR - Jackson, Macklin (Playing for his next deal), Avant. Depth from Cooper/Johnson/McNutt/late pick.
TE - Celek. Mid round pick to compete with Harbor, maybe keep both.
OL - We're playing the back ups already which gives us an idea who to keep for depth.

DE - Cole, Graham, Curry, Hunt, Tapp - pretty decent group.
DT - Jenkins, Patterson, Cox, Thornton, Landri - ditto.
LB - Kendricks and Ryans, but beyond that there is little to be positive about.
CB - Asomugha and DRC are overpriced but I'd expect one to stay. Get a veteran FA for the other spot and see how Boykin developes in the offseason.
S - Need a lot of help. Allen may be decent depth and Coleman tries hard but neither is a starter. Anderson is a STs ace but no more.

Surprising amount of talent there, if it is given the right coaching and playcalling. I'm not convinced we're in total rebuild mode as opposed to having a down year.

No way I would trade down. The Eagles should be picking no worse than 4th. Joeckel should be there and not only is it a position of serious need, but he's the #1 rated prospect in the draft.
HobbEs

Keep watching the Cotton Bowl and you'll see a Tackle named Luke Joeckel for A & M. He's expected to go somewhere in the top 5. No way do I trade back if we can grab some top light talent for the O Line.
Phits
The NFL scouting community is reportedly unimpressed by the way Jones handles adversity.

[Jones] has all the tools we look for in a quarterback, said the scout, but if he gets hit a couple times, hes done. Lots of skill, absolutely great size, good arm, accurate, tons of production the last three years. But hes killing himself. He shows he can do everything we want him to do, he just hasnt shown he can do it consistently in pressure situations.

Hes great if his team gets a lead early and mixes it up on offense. If they get behind, and hes got to lead them back with a defense pinning their ears back, he struggles.
Phits
And then......

11/26/12 - WEEK 13 BIG 12 OFFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK: Landry Jones, Oklahoma, QB, Sr, Artesia, N.M.,...Landry Jones led Oklahoma to a 51-48 OT victory over Oklahoma State as he completed 46-of-71 passes for 500 yards and three touchdowns. He became the first player in OU history to register back-to-back 500-yard passing games, and owns all three of the 500-yard games in school history. It was his 12th career game with 400-plus yards.
D Rock
Am I the only one that would feel sick watching a player named Landry in Green?
mcnabbulous
I've heard nothing that gives me confidence Jones is a franchise QB.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.