Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I'm liking what I'm seeing from Foles tonight...
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
SAM I Am
and Bryce Brown is impressing again. Should be one hell of a one-two punch when Shady gets back.

Not too bad, so far, considering they really have only three starters on offense, Maclin, Celek and Mathis.

Now the defense, that's another matter rolleyes.gif

Edited: Oops, make that four starters on offense. I just noticed Jason Avant is back.
Dreagon
And just think...

...some of you guys thought you could suck worse than us in December laugh.gif
ClydeSide
QUOTE (SAM I Am @ Dec 2 2012, 09:45 PM) *
and Bryce Brown is impressing again. Should be one hell of a one-two punch when Shady gets back.

Not too bad, so far, considering they really have only three starters on offense, Maclin, Celek and Mathis.

Now the defense, that's another matter rolleyes.gif

Nice touch--3 points in 42 seconds--NICE
SAM I Am
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Dec 2 2012, 09:49 PM) *
And just think...

...some of you guys thought you could suck worse than us in December laugh.gif

Fear not, our defense is going to prove to you and everyone else they suck worse.
Dr. Claw
QUOTE (SAM I Am @ Dec 2 2012, 09:45 PM) *

Now the defense, that's another matter :rolleyes:

Edited: Oops, make that four starters on offense. I just noticed Jason Avant is back.

if this team gets coaching that believes in a more "honest" offense much like what we've seen here, then good. Bryce Brown is looking like a steal. first time since the days of Duce/Westy/Buck that the Eagles have had 3 good RBs on the roster.

I'm already expecting to hear the rednecks come out in force after this game, should they beat Dallas. it looks like it's going to come down to who can get the ball last the way these defenses are playing.

Foles is definitely benefitting from the addition of shorter-developing routes and the Eagles running the ball more. I still hate that weak "play action" the Andyball offense uses. I remember it going back to McNabb, and I still hate to see it. it doesn't even look like they're running the ball, just holding the ball out lifelessly.

Eyrie
QUOTE (Dr. Claw @ Dec 3 2012, 03:30 AM) *
Foles is definitely benefitting from the addition of shorter-developing routes and the Eagles running the ball more.

That's always been one of the more frustrating things about our super-genius head coach. When he loses his starting QB (McNabb, Vick) and has to go to a back up (Feeley, Garcia, Foles) then he changes to a more conservative style with short routes and more runs which proves successful. But he resolutely refuses to learn from that when his starter returns and it's back to the pass-pass-pass-punt crap.

Foles played a lot better this week, and gave us more reason to hope that he will continue to start for the rest of the year.
Dr. Claw
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Dec 3 2012, 10:16 AM) *
That's always been one of the more frustrating things about our super-genius head coach. When he loses his starting QB (McNabb, Vick) and has to go to a back up (Feeley, Garcia, Foles) then he changes to a more conservative style with short routes and more runs which proves successful. But he resolutely refuses to learn from that when his starter returns and it's back to the pass-pass-pass-punt crap.

it's probably the MOST frustrating thing about Andy. if he would only occasionally dial up the "fancyball" and start from a game manager position, I am sure the Eagles would have had more wins over the last 2 seasons than they do now.

hell, I think they would have had at least ONE trophy in the 2000-2005 span.

oh well. with a losing season we might get to see what this team could be in such conditions the next time around.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.