Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: From the mouth of a shithead
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
Can an asshole speak the truth? Good riddance to Babin but this just sounds like the way the Eagles are playing:

“The tempo, the urgency, the way the guys went from drill to drill, how they practiced, the way they communicated, how they ran. It was the way practice is supposed to be,” said Babin, a quick smile coming to his face. “It was refreshing.”

“It’s definitely good because as you know, things are kind of stagnant there, and they can ultimately get worse before they get better,” said Babin. “So being a part of something that is about to blossom is definitely an exciting feeling.”

Here ...
TGryn
That reads to me as throwing Washburn under the bus in a major way, since he've been the one in charge of running the DL drills in practice. Talk about ungrateful.
Phits
The truth is an offense, not a crime.
JaxEagle
Very well may be some truth. Makes sense. Although I think we have to take everything with a grain of salt right now... the truth is usually somewhere in the middle in these situations.
Bocadelphia Eagles John
All I know is the Eagles D looks listless on the field on game day, so why would I think they're any different in practice ?

I don't care who says it, or why, but what was said is certainly possible ... and not THAT outlandish a suggestion or claim. If Babin chooses to throw the Eagles under the bus, let him. It's either deserved or if it isn't. And if it isn't then it's up to the team to prove it ... ON THE FIELD ... Babin is just one guy talking .. and I don't have a problem with it.

As it stands now, the team doesn't have any cred with me. I'm keeping all options open about them.

Nothing about the eagles surprises me any more.

I wonder if Andy has given up ? He's had a horrible year in his personal life. It's not too much of a streatch to think it's affected things for him at work.

from pre-season optimism to this horrible mother of all messes. I've never known anything quite like it before. No kidding ! sad.gif
BirdsWinBaby
QUOTE (Zero @ Nov 30 2012, 08:54 PM) *
Can an asshole speak the truth? Good riddance to Babin but this just sounds like the way the Eagles are playing:

Here ...

if he wants to point out what he thought the problems were on the eagles ...ok

trying to tell the world that you arent pissed about winding up on the asshole team of the NFL (who cant draw 10K ppl) and he is actually "excited" to be on a team on the rise with 2 wins just proves what a jerk he is/was

Jax FLA will never be a 1/4 the sports town of philly....enjoy your paycheck Babin.
TGryn
QUOTE (Bocadelphia Eagles John @ Nov 30 2012, 08:28 PM) *
If Babin chooses to throw the Eagles under the bus, let him. It's either deserved or if it isn't.

My objection is specifically with Babin doing it to Washburn. I'm not happy with Wash's unit this year, but Washburn's coaching and system is responsible for all of Babin's success in the NFL: he was a washed-out 1st round pick before the Titans signed him, then the Eagles ponied up big bucks so he could follow JW to Philly. Then, once he's out the door he goes and says Washburn's practices weren't run well?

I can believe that Babin either is too dumb to realize he just said Washburn doesn't know how to run DL drills with intensity, or simply doesn't care. Neither makes what he said OK to say, whatever the accuracy of the statements. You just don't dump on people who've helped you out repeatedly if you've got any sense of decency: got nothing good to say, say nothing at all.
Rick
QUOTE (BirdsWinBaby @ Nov 30 2012, 11:05 PM) *
Jax FLA will never be a 1/4 the sports town of philly....enjoy your paycheck Babin.

I moved to Jacksonville 2 years ago. While I agree with you with regards to professional sports, I can honestly say, these people are RABID about their college football--much more rabid than you can imagine. It's freakish how rabid they are to be quite honest.

Jax is a great sports town--a COLLEGE sports town. They just don't really care about any professional sports on any big level. There are 80 gazillion sports bars throughout the area. On Saturdays during college football season they're all pretty much packed. We frequent one of the larger sports bars chains--Ale House--and I've been there on Saturdays during the fall when the MLB playoffs were on. I've seen them have (seemingly) meaningless college football games (two teams you'd think nobody cares about) on various TVs and I've had to ask them to turn on the playoffs. I've never seen anything like that.

As far as the Jags, for the most part, people just don't care about them. Part of that has to do with how new the team is. They're just getting 2nd generation Jag fans (and they're all teenagers--not really old enough to buy a bunch of crap and buy tickets yet). Although I don't know that the Jags will ever be viable from a fan standpoint. College football is just such a big part of things down here. It's actually a part of their culture.

BirdsWinBaby
QUOTE (Rick @ Dec 1 2012, 09:38 AM) *
I moved to Jacksonville 2 years ago. While I agree with you with regards to professional sports, I can honestly say, these people are RABID about their college football--much more rabid than you can imagine.

yea i have heard thats the case
Bocadelphia Eagles John
QUOTE (TGryn @ Dec 1 2012, 08:18 AM) *
: got nothing good to say, say nothing at all.

I agree 100%

We humans have too much opportunity to forget that, and so , we often do. So I hope you too can remember your own advice with ALL you say, all the time ... biggrin.gif

I know I break that rule from time to time. But I forgive myself. ac6.gif

If Babin runs his mouth, that's his choice. And if he is inaccurate, it will be proven, somehow, sometime. I may not agree with his choosing to throw any Eagles under the bus but, it's not my doing. And it doesn't affect anything, does it ? Or maybe just fuels some scitters among the fan base. We'll get over it, and so will everyone else.

The man is gone. So I don't put any store into anything he might say about the Eagles, good OR bad. We got our own problems to focus on. Babin ain't one of them anymore.
Zero
QUOTE (Bocadelphia Eagles John @ Dec 1 2012, 10:54 AM) *
Babin ain't one of them anymore.

bowdown.gif
Phits
He was telling the truth. It is hard for some to hear, but it's the truth and it is verified by the players performance(s) on the field.

QUOTE (TGryn @ Dec 1 2012, 08:18 AM) *
My objection is specifically with Babin doing it to Washburn. I'm not happy with Wash's unit this year, but Washburn's coaching and system is responsible for all of Babin's success in the NFL

JW's coaching/system is also responsible for the train wreck of a season our wide-9 defensive front is having the same system is responsible for making Babin look great and crappy. It's also a big part of why Babin is exiled on the island of the Jaguars.
JaxEagle
QUOTE (BirdsWinBaby @ Nov 30 2012, 11:05 PM) *
if he wants to point out what he thought the problems were on the eagles ...ok

trying to tell the world that you arent pissed about winding up on the asshole team of the NFL (who cant draw 10K ppl) and he is actually "excited" to be on a team on the rise with 2 wins just proves what a jerk he is/was

First, the stadium holds 20,000 more than the Linc. Did anyone notice the empty seats at the Linc last week? The Jags average more fans per game than the Bears. The Jags might end up with the same or better record than our Eagles - ouch!

No, Jacksonville sure won't ever be a 1/4 of the Pro Sports town that Philly is but the lifestyle in Jax is a whole lot different than Philly. If our players were fans of our team then that might be a factor but they are people that may have different interests. Perhaps Babin may like warm weather and outdoor activities and being beachside and things of the like. If so, then, coupled with going to a team that actually tries to win, can you blame him for being giddy excited?

Anyway, what the heck does this have to do with anything?

I don't have a feeling on Babin one way or another. Maybe he's a total jerk. Maybe he's a guy that is pissed off that he had a bunch of quitters on his team. I don't think any of us can criticize that if it were the case.
JaxEagle
QUOTE (Rick @ Dec 1 2012, 08:38 AM) *
As far as the Jags, for the most part, people just don't care about them. Part of that has to do with how new the team is.

I respectfully disagree here. I think the issue is tat the Jags have been in the basement for too many years in a row. That will break the spirit of the fans of any team.
JaxEagle
QUOTE (Rick @ Dec 1 2012, 08:38 AM) *
Although I don't know that the Jags will ever be viable from a fan standpoint. College football is just such a big part of things down here. It's actually a part of their culture.

I totally agree with this. However, it isn't limited to Jacksonville and it isn't only the southern redneck love affair with them gators and them dawgs. The same is true of all pro sports teams in Florida. None of the Orlando, Tampa or South Florida teams get attendance (save maybe the Suuth Beach D Wade and LBJ show but even that ticket isn't as difficult as a year ago). There are too many other alternatives for one's recreational dollar for Pro Sports to thrive in Florida. In the Northeast and Midwest there aren't as many other choices so Pro Sports enjoys a more captive audience.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (JaxEagle @ Dec 1 2012, 02:48 PM) *
I totally agree with this. However, it isn't limited to Jacksonville and it isn't only the southern redneck love affair with them gators and them dawgs. The same is true of all pro sports teams in Florida. None of the Orlando, Tampa or South Florida teams get attendance (save maybe the Suuth Beach D Wade and LBJ show but even that ticket isn't as difficult as a year ago). There are too many other alternatives for one's recreational dollar for Pro Sports to thrive in Florida. In the Northeast and Midwest there aren't as many other choices so Pro Sports enjoys a more captive audience.

Also a lot of Florida residents are transplants from all over the country, and like their own pro sports teams - this includes many phillies, yankees, red sox, etc.
BirdsWinBaby
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Dec 1 2012, 03:54 PM) *
Also a lot of Florida residents are transplants from all over the country, and like their own pro sports teams - this includes many phillies, yankees, red sox, etc.

yea when i was in FLA for a dolphin/eagles game i thought it was really weird....we kicked the crap out of them, some stood on chairs while heckling them the whole game and they wanted to shake hands with us on the way out and told us to enjoy our time in south beach

what madness is this!...lol
JaxEagle
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Dec 1 2012, 02:54 PM) *

True
Reality Fan
the real bizarre part of this whole story is that the collapse is easily tied to the firing of Castillo.......The D was respectable up to that point and when he was fired they collapsed or quit.....I favor the latter.

Strange but true
Eyrie
QUOTE (JaxEagle @ Dec 1 2012, 07:40 PM) *
I don't have a feeling on Babin one way or another. Maybe he's a total jerk. Maybe he's a guy that is pissed off that he had a bunch of quitters on his team. I don't think any of us can criticize that if it were the case.

Given the current clusterfuck on the defence, it's one of the quitters who would be cut and not someone with a good work ethic who is pissed off by his teammates attitude of acceptance towards defeats. So it can't be your second scenario.
JaxEagle
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Dec 2 2012, 06:13 AM) *
Given the current clusterfuck on the defence, it's one of the quitters who would be cut and not someone with a good work ethic who is pissed off by his teammates attitude of acceptance towards defeats. So it can't be your second scenario.

I understand what you are saying and I don't really disagree. My point in this whole thing is let's not try to point the finger and judge Babin. He most likely was a part of the problem but he wasn't THE problem. It is bigger than one player's bad attitude.

I'm more concerned with what we are doing than what Babin or Jacksonville does.
Zero
QUOTE (JaxEagle @ Dec 2 2012, 09:22 AM) *
I understand what you are saying and I don't really disagree. My point in this whole thing is let's not try to point the finger and judge Babin. He most likely was a part of the problem but he wasn't THE problem. It is bigger than one player's bad attitude.

I'm more concerned with what we are doing than what Babin or Jacksonville does.

Very reasonable and level-headed perspective, Jax. The problem is it makes me feel better to focus on someone as an asshole. It may not be fair, but screw it. We'll find out in January as we watch Eagles players entering the ranks of the unemployed.
SAM I Am
He was a one-trick pony, and the trick is over. Good riddance asshole.

"I think it's perceived to the players as, 'Listen, you've got to do your job and help this team win around here and if not, hey, there's the door,'" said tight end Brent Celek.

"We all understand that you've got to do your part," said Celek. "On the field, off the field, it takes everyone, and if you're not a part of it, then, you know, they're gonna make decisions."

Wide receiver Jeremy Maclin said that given the Eagles' status as a last-place team with the worst record in the NFC, no move should be surprising.

"As of right now, I think it shouldn't really be that much of a shock," said Maclin. "I think you kind of expect the unexpected."

Rick
QUOTE (JaxEagle @ Dec 1 2012, 02:48 PM) *

100% correct on this. Remember, when it's cold and snowy up in Philly, it's sunny and 70 down here. smile.gif We were at the beach today (December 2). We love it here.

But, mainly, there's just so much college sports around here--and they've been into it for so long--it's tough to pull them away for pro sports. It is very similar in the other cities with pro teams. Look at Tampa and the Rays. They've been contenders for about 10 years now, unless they're playing the Yankees, the stands are empty. Even the players have complained (publicly) about it. Just a different culture down here. Not better or worse but different.
Rick
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Dec 1 2012, 02:54 PM) *

You're absolutely correct. Florida is a transient state. Here in Jax, the fans go like this:

1. Pittsburgh--most fans.
2. Eagles--2nd most fans.
3. All others.

Surprisingly, you don't see a ton of Giants' fans here even though a LOT of people have moved down from North Jersey (like me) and NY. But it's mainly Pittsburgh and Philly fans.

You do, however see a lot of Yankees fans. Just strange how it breaks down.
Rick
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Dec 2 2012, 01:34 AM) *
the real bizarre part of this whole story is that the collapse is easily tied to the firing of Castillo.......The D was respectable up to that point and when he was fired they collapsed or quit.....I favor the latter.

Strange but true

Define respectable. They still couldn't get a sack or a turnover and they still couldn't stop teams at the end of the game when it mattered.

It's certainly a LOT worse now but it was hardly what I'd call a good--or even a decent--defense before they fired him. I am shocked how it got worse though.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.