Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Vick vs Birds?
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
BirdsWinBaby
Don't know where this story is headed. Read it at crossingbroad...

There is a report of another report (lol) from Ed Werder of ESPN that Vick thinks that the Eagles are purposefully reporting his falling to progress from the concussion as a means to keep him off the field for the rest of the season. Perhaps the DRs are being told not to pass him? Not sure how reliable the story is but my reaction to this is....

Yea uh...duh?

Perhaps if vick didnt bang his noggin so hard he could have figured this out long ago. The birds actually rolled out their mouthpiece/lapdog Eskin to report ( now get this) that DRs are saying Vick is getting worse and "might" miss the rest of the season...lol

It's not a coincidence that eskins report came on the same day as this story.

"Ok mike how many fingers am I holding up?"

"Three! I told ya I'm good doc"

" sorry mike did you say seven?"

"NO! Three dammit! This is BS!!"
mcnabbulous
Who gives a shit what Vick thinks about anything?
Dr. Claw
It's probably true, and since it's in the best interest of the Eagles to tank, I'd rather not see Vick on the field for the rest of the season, honestly.
BirdsWinBaby
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Nov 30 2012, 02:35 PM) *
Who gives a shit what Vick thinks about anything?

I agree with that....and also if there is any guy on the face of the planet that should be happy to tow the company line for the birds it's mike Vick. Even if he thinks he is bein screwed, he sure hell better stay quiet about it

The awesome thing is that hopefully this guarantees he would never sign with us again, even for a reduced contract
CT_Eagle
I really doubt the Eagles brass would jump through such hoops to keep Vick off of the field. If they want Foles to get the starts, Foles will get the starts and Vick will be told he is done as an Eagles starter. There really is no need for the Eagles to request that the doctors keep Vick on the sideline.
Eyrie
Even if Vick is healthy to play it makes sense to sit him, especially given the battering he's already taken.

Everyone knows what Vick can and can't do. Conversely the new coach will need film to decide what to do with Foles, Foles needs playing time to improve and if Foles struggles then there is the consolation of an earlier draft pick.

There is no downside.
BirdsWinBaby
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Dec 1 2012, 08:45 AM) *
Even if Vick is healthy to play it makes sense to sit him, especially given the battering he's already taken.

Everyone knows what Vick can and can't do. Conversely the new coach will need film to decide what to do with Foles, Foles needs playing time to improve and if Foles struggles then there is the consolation of an earlier draft pick.

There is no downside.

except Vick wants to play. of course i dont care if he plays and i dont care what he thinks but that doesnt mean Vick will quietly play the good soldier. only because he and his agent cant afford to

Vick is looking for another contract next year. guys who miss 1 game or less from a concussion can shake off the 'damaged goods' perception pretty easily. guys who have missed 3 or more games from a concussion get tossed in the bargain bin. if Vick doesnt play again thats damn near half a season lost to a concussion after having a concussion the previous year as well? thats in addition to his inability to EVER play a full season....i dont care how bad the QBs in the league are, a GM will be reluctant to sign on to Vick with anything more than a throwaway contract with very little risk...basically Vick is back to 2009 status at a time when he is hoping for closer to 2010

who cares if Vick wants to play? well his teammates might if Foles is losing games. Vick starts chirping about being ready to play and this could become an even bigger circus
Bocadelphia Eagles John
imho such speculation is without merit. From the practice field to game day, there is a job to do and so it shall be. Win or lose any or all games, that will be the way it goes. There is no consipiracy.
Eyrie
QUOTE (BirdsWinBaby @ Dec 1 2012, 02:33 PM) *
except Vick wants to play. of course i dont care if he plays and i dont care what he thinks but that doesnt mean Vick will quietly play the good soldier. only because he and his agent cant afford to

Vick is looking for another contract next year. guys who miss 1 game or less from a concussion can shake off the 'damaged goods' perception pretty easily. guys who have missed 3 or more games from a concussion get tossed in the bargain bin. if Vick doesnt play again thats damn near half a season lost to a concussion after having a concussion the previous year as well? thats in addition to his inability to EVER play a full season....i dont care how bad the QBs in the league are, a GM will be reluctant to sign on to Vick with anything more than a throwaway contract with very little risk...basically Vick is back to 2009 status at a time when he is hoping for closer to 2010

who cares if Vick wants to play? well his teammates might if Foles is losing games. Vick starts chirping about being ready to play and this could become an even bigger circus

Conversely Vick could say that he is ready to play but accepts that Foles will remain the starting QB for the rest of the season. Why would he do this? Because it won't do Vick any favours to resume playing poorly and it helps him remind other teams that he is a reformed character rather than a "me first" prima donna.

Let's face it, given how Vick was playing before the concussion there will be no demand for him to start again unless Foles looks like Mike McMahon.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.