Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Welcome to the newbies
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
mcnabbulous
It's nice to see some fresh faces around here. Seems like losing brings out the venting smile.gif I know I joined right after the Saints playoff loss back in '07.

Hope a few of you stick around. I need more people to defend Reid to.

cheers.gif
ClydeSide
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Nov 29 2012, 04:55 PM) *
It's nice to see some fresh faces around here. Seems like losing brings out the venting smile.gif I know I joined right after the Saints playoff loss back in '07.

Hope a few of you stick around. I need more people to defend Reid to.

cheers.gif

Thanks, mcnabbulous. I appreciate the welcome.

I posted for a little bit on IGGLEPHANS and some idiot named DIGGLE attacks every new poster. He calls them n00bs. So when he tried that abusive crap with me I tweaked him by responding with "w00p w00p w00p w00p" and gave the following link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkmRTjfFZ3w
No sense of humor over there! I got banned after I addressed Diggle as "ANDRE" and "w00b", terms that only self-abusive video nerds would be offended at.

ROTFLMANDALORIAN

There are a few good posters over there like Bird Brawn, Irish George, Riccardo and Slag.
One guy, Kelly Green, is an insouciant blowhard that everyone makes fun of. And he doesn't even realize it. bwah

But Diggle is fold cheese and Igglephans is a geigh circle jerk. For years I would check in with that board and it used to be informative. Now it's become a hideaway for inbred mouth breathers.

GLAD TO BE HERE SO WE CAN TALK FOOTBALL.
Phits
welcome aboard to all the fresh meat....
ClydeSide
QUOTE (Phits @ Nov 29 2012, 06:06 PM) *
welcome aboard to all the fresh meat....

I think I'd rather be the Butch of the Bunch.

But to each his own. mellow.gif
Talos
Welcome to the new faces. If you haven't already, please take a look at the House Rules post pinned at the top of the forum. These have been hashed out from past experience and have proven their worth over time, especially when things get heated as they can during hard times such as we're going through right now.
Bocadelphia Eagles John
QUOTE (ClydeSide @ Nov 29 2012, 06:02 PM) *
GLAD TO BE HERE SO WE CAN TALK FOOTBALL.

Welcome.

When I first saw your logo I thought it was terrific. That era was my favorite of all time. I still prefer the uni's from that time too. But I got all bummed when Reggie left.

And at that time I was lucky enough to be able to go to some home games spanning a few years. What a great time in my personal Eagles history.

Now I live in South Florida so I don't get to see games much.

This year is a huge disappointment for me. Pre season I was looking forward to going to the game with Tampa and rounding up some friends I have down here from back home. But with this squad .. nah ... I'm not waisting my time or my money.

This Eagles team is in the shitter.

Oh how the mighty have fallen.

But ... forget that for a moment ... the purpose of this is to say Hello and welcome you to our little community.
Eyrie
Welcome! Get the beers in please biggrin.gif

Agree with mcnabbulous that adversity tends to bring out new posters. In my case I joined the predecessors of this group back in the Rivals days after Reid's first season, and there are a fair number that go that far back which gives you an idea how good a group this is (even if some/most/all of them don't agree with me often enough!)
bertmega
I am new myself. I used to go to the Philadelphia Inquirer forum site, but that has become over ran with trolls, haters, and spam.

I have mainly been lurking as I cannot add too much to the conversation this year. This team just has me lost for words.

In any case, people seem very knowledgeable on this site and I enjoy reading everyone's perspective on the team.
ClydeSide
[Hi, John,

I have read your posts in the past so I appreciate the welcome. The Buddy Ryan era was terrific. One of the great defenses in football history. Cunningham was great, but the lack of a consistent running game killed us. Byars' foot problems and terrible offensive line play kept us from winning it all. Keith was great on the swing pass but he never became the power running back from scrimmage that we needed.

I chose Clyde because he was so often overlooked because of Reggie. And because the ClydeSide is the RightSide. tongue.gif
ClydeSide
QUOTE (Talos @ Nov 29 2012, 10:51 PM) *
Welcome to the new faces. If you haven't already, please take a look at the House Rules post pinned at the top of the forum. These have been hashed out from past experience and have proven their worth over time, especially when things get heated as they can during hard times such as we're going through right now.

Thanks, Talos. Looks civilized.
ClydeSide
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Nov 30 2012, 07:57 AM) *
Welcome! Get the beers in please biggrin.gif

Agree with mcnabbulous that adversity tends to bring out new posters. In my case I joined the predecessors of this group back in the Rivals days after Reid's first season, and there are a fair number that go that far back which gives you an idea how good a group this is (even if some/most/all of them don't agree with me often enough!)

Will that be Guinness or Murphy's? wink.gif
eaglesphan27
Thanks for the welcome! Yes, I tend to post when frustrated - look for many more posts smile.gif. Other than that, I like reading fellow fan's opinions and respect them even when we disagree. I've noticed the posts on this board are pretty civil so I'm glad to have found it.
Bocadelphia Eagles John
QUOTE (bertmega @ Nov 30 2012, 08:26 AM) *
This team just has me lost for words.

Same for me. But I don't let that stop me from posting. So I just rant to get it off my chest. But don't expect any intelligent comment from me.

Welcome ...
Bocadelphia Eagles John
QUOTE (eaglesphan27 @ Nov 30 2012, 10:02 AM) *
I tend to post when frustrated - look for many more posts smile.gif.

Welcome.

Glad you chose to bring some citizens of south park along with you too.

Go Birds. Phew .. just no enthusiasm there .. can't do it ! mad.gif

Mr. Bonko
My adivice to all n00bs is to ignore all my posts. I am delusional, certifiable and, at times, suicidal (especially on game-day). No good can com from reading or responding to anything I post here. Best to put me on IGNORE.

Rock on.
ClydeSide
QUOTE (Mr. Bonko @ Nov 30 2012, 12:31 PM) *
My adivice to all n00bs is to ignore all my posts. I am delusional, certifiable and, at times, suicidal (especially on game-day). No good can com from reading or responding to anything I post here. Best to put me on IGNORE.

Rock on.

Thanks for the warning. We will all brace ourselves!
Mr. Bonko
QUOTE (ClydeSide @ Nov 30 2012, 01:37 PM) *
Thanks for the warning. We will all brace ourselves!

Yet, you still responed.
ClydeSide
QUOTE (Mr. Bonko @ Nov 30 2012, 01:48 PM) *
Yet, you still responed.

People always slow down for car wrecks. laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.