Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Can we just drag the defensive secondary
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
D Rock
out to an open field and shoot em?

They are a collective humiliation. The safeties are dog shit. Both of em. The corners are cowards.

For the life of me, I can't understand why this defensive staff continues to ask ASO to play zone. He's clueless in zone coverage. It's as if he takes it as license to not get within 7 yards of ANY offensive player. DRC has all the tools physically, but just dances with his receiver and looks like he's putting out about 20% effort when asked to support the run D or come up and tackle on a screen. Simply shameful.

The front 7 played with heart last night after the first two series. The secondary, one and all, looks disinterested and just plain lazy.

Dam I miss me some Troy Vincent.
Phits
QUOTE (D Rock @ Nov 27 2012, 01:59 PM) *
Dam I miss me some Troy Vincent.

At this point I would (without hesitation) take Litoast and ASSante over our 2 starters.
GQSmooth
I've never seen a defense look so unprepared. When they screwed up there was absolutely no discipline other than pulling player off for one play. I feel bad for Reid as he does bear responsibility but you can't make a professional play with heart and do their job.
TGryn
I don't really blame Coleman. He's a 7th rounder who should be playing mainly special teams being asked to make split-second reads between run support and deep help that he just doesn't have the experience to be making yet. That's another liability of the Wide 9 that we've discovered: overreliance on DBs to help with the run. Having two of the worst-tackling corners in the league hasn't helped.

The whole team was put together to emphasize grabbing a quick lead with our deep passing attack, then foiling the other team's attempt to get back in the game via passing. With our OL in shambles, we can't throw deep, and we're just getting around to changing to a run-heavy offense. Problem is, this D isn't built to stop the run, and when we move the safeties up in support, we're getting torched deep because Nnambi can't stay with WRs anymore and DRC is just sloppy.
D Rock
QUOTE (GQSmooth @ Nov 27 2012, 09:55 PM) *
I've never seen a defense look so unprepared. When they screwed up there was absolutely no discipline other than pulling player off for one play. I feel bad for Reid as he does bear responsibility but you can't make a professional play with heart and do their job.

I agree. They don't even look like they know what their job is. On just about EVERY GODDAM SNAP, I'm watching nnamdi shrugging and putting his palms up as if to say "what's my assignment?" Literally every snap. I have never hated on an eagles player like that fucking asshat. And that's saying something considering how much I grew to hate Supa5.

The guy is completely and utterly lost out there. His body language tells the tale in no uncertain terms.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.