Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Even the 1998 team
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
make_it_rain

Didn't lose 7 games in a row.

we went 3-13.

we scored less than 11 points A GAME.

we had the triple threat combo of Rodney Peete, Bobby Hoying, and Koy Detmer under center.

And I STILL think this years team is worse than that squad (and infinitely more hateable(if thats a word)). I'm 28 and this is by far the darkest age of my tenure following this team, going back to the early 90's (can't get any worse than this, right? unsure.gif )

It's at the point now where it's more funny than anything else.
xsv

'62-'77 we had only one barely winning season, and even then we still missed the playoffs. Luckily, I didn't become a fan until '78, the year Wilbert Montgomery burst on to the scene.

It can get worse than this. Ask the Lions or the Browns.

HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (make_it_rain @ Nov 27 2012, 09:53 AM) *
Didn't lose 7 games in a row.

we went 3-13.

we scored less than 11 points A GAME.

we had the triple threat combo of Rodney Peete, Bobby Hoying, and Koy Detmer under center.

And I STILL think this years team is worse than that squad (and infinitely more hateable(if thats a word)). I'm 28 and this is by far the darkest age of my tenure following this team, going back to the early 90's (can't get any worse than this, right? unsure.gif )

It's at the point now where it's more funny than anything else.

The 3-13 team was SUPPOSED to suck, and they didn't disappoint - with the 'talent' we have on this team (remember those of you who predicted a SB this year), obviously this is a much worse year than '98.

Also, the fact that it's Andy's last year makes it worse, I've wanted him gone for years but I also wanted him to leave on a relatively high note, instead of the hwole city wanting to tar and feather him and ride him outta here.
mcnabbulous
I'm glad you put 'talent' in its appropriate context. We aren't very talented. And we have zero depth.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Nov 27 2012, 02:39 PM) *
I'm glad you put 'talent' in its appropriate context. We aren't very talented. And we have zero depth.

At least prior to the 1998 debacle we had a killer draft - Thomas, Trotter, Reese, Rossum, Whiting (who eventually went with a pick for TO)

This year's draft of Cox, Kendricks, Curry, Foles, Brown has a lot to live up to in terms of making 3-13 seasons eventually worthwhile
Zero
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Nov 27 2012, 02:39 PM) *

I think depth and coaching are the biggest problems this year. Coaching that would have an impact on the players would have made the team significantly better and depth, especially on the OL would have made a difference. The difference of OL play last night was due, IMO to coaching the players instead of the system. Also, Reid has gone from Hegaman coaching to Vick coaching ... setting examples and making players accountable to being a loving parent. The tragedy of his sons has ruined the coach if you ask me - good human, weak coach.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.