Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Has Reid been fired?
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
I must have missed it. Reading the press it's as though an announcement has been made, "Andy Reid is no longer coach of the Philadelphia Eagles." I realize we all understand this should be a forgone conclusion, a formality that hasn't been sealed and presented to us as a peace offering but I'm still not 100% convinced this is the present that Mr. Lurie will be putting under our trees.

Today, Sam Donnelan of Phillynews writes "Next Eagles coach: Which side of the ball?" "... the closest thing we have to a pro sport these days is the discussion about who the next Eagles head coach should be." In fact, we're all thinking the same things: retread, college coach, assistant?

What if Lurie throws us a sinker and convinces Reid to replace his coordinators and many of his assistants and stay on as the HC? Or, maybe he'll come out and say that there were too many uncontrolable, unforseen, once-in-a-lifetime events that created the perfect storm for the Eagles and Reid deserves one last chance to bring a trophy to Philadelphia.

I've witnessed stranger things. It ain't over 'til the fat lady makes it official.

Dreagon
Just curious about something...but isn't it the GM's job to decide whether or not to fire the coach?

I'm just asking because it's been so long since my team had a real GM that I'm not sure anymore.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (Zero @ Nov 26 2012, 08:11 AM) *
I've witnessed stranger things. It ain't over 'til the fat lady makes it official.

An interesting take I heard from Didinger this morning was about how Lurie will want to see Foles for the rest of the season to determine if he is our future QB, as opposed to starting Vick again, who obviously won't be here. Reid has stated that Vick is the starter, Didinger is convinced Lurie will force him to start Foles behind the scenes - and he's also convinced that Reid, who will try his best to win every game and save his job, will not accept that once Vick is ready, and Lurie's hand will be forced. We can only dream, right?

I remain convinced that if we lose one more game, the inevitable is sealed, as I can't imagine Lurie coming out after another 8-8 or worse season and saying 'ok, THIS time I mean it, 8-8 is unacceptable.'

BirdsWinBaby
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Nov 26 2012, 09:31 AM) *
Just curious about something...but isn't it the GM's job to decide whether or not to fire the coach?

I'm just asking because it's been so long since my team had a real GM that I'm not sure anymore.

Our figurehead "GM" has publicly stated that he answers to AR. Reid is now and has been a coach/GM of the team

Once AR is gone, Roseman may be given true GM authority since he was recently extended
Dreagon
QUOTE (BirdsWinBaby @ Nov 26 2012, 08:34 AM) *
Our figurehead "GM" has publicly stated that he answers to AR. Reid is now and has been a coach/GM of the team

Once AR is gone, Roseman may be given true GM authority since he was recently extended

Wow. I guess NFL organizations really are like snowflakes. No two are alike.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Nov 26 2012, 09:47 AM) *
Wow. I guess NFL organizations really are like snowflakes. No two are alike.

The good ones are alike. Real GM's acquire players. Coaches coach.
Eyrie
Damnit Zero, you had to go getting our hopes up with that headline!

SLOiggles
I'd say give it about t-minus 6 hours
Zero
QUOTE (SLOiggles @ Nov 27 2012, 04:01 AM) *
I'd say give it about t-minus 6 hours

Not yet, but who would be the interim HC?
BirdsWinBaby
QUOTE (Zero @ Nov 27 2012, 04:38 PM) *
Not yet, but who would be the interim HC?

Doesn't matter. Not even a little. Bowles or MM ( or the ball boy) can't go on a longer losing streak than AR with only 5 games left. And no interim coach can dig you out of the hole that AR made
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.