Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Best players of the Reid era
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
mcnabbulous
Curious what you guys think. I was thinking about the top-10 and how many of those guys were on our roster before Reid came on board. And how few are still on our roster. Here is what I came up with (in no particular order):

Dawkins
McNabb
Hugh
Vincent
Westy
Shady
Peters
Thomas
Runyan
Trotter
TGryn
Other guys:
Duce - in the first couple of years was the focus of the offense
DJax - has been the top deep threat in the league for many seasons
Sheldon - funny that Lito has more Pro Bowls, but SB has had almost twice the career longevity
Chad Lewis - went to 3 Pro Bowls
Cole - his struggles this year shouldn't overshadow the time where he was the only pass-rush threat on the roster
Shawn Andrews - for 2 years, was the best OG in the league
Leonard Weaver (for 2009) - we can only imagine where the offense would have gone with a top FB if he hadn't gotten hurt
TO (for 2004) - was the top WR in the league that year, before he went off the rails again
Dreagon
LJ Smith was pretty good there for a little while.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Nov 21 2012, 09:50 PM) *
LJ Smith was pretty good there for a little while.

Was drafted the same year as Witten, if that tells you how "good" he was around here.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Nov 21 2012, 06:14 PM) *
Curious what you guys think. I was thinking about the top-10 and how many of those guys were on our roster before Reid came on board. And how few are still on our roster. Here is what I came up with (in no particular order):

Dawkins
McNabb
Hugh
Vincent
Westy
Shady
Peters
Thomas
Runyan
Trotter

Chad Lewis has to be in the top 10, but I don't know who I'd remove - probably Peters. A couple on the outside looking in would be Brian Mitchell and Bobby Taylor, I thought Taylor was underrated.

David Akers also has to be considered the best Eagles kicker ever, and should be in the top 10 as well.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.