Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Luke Joeckel
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Mr. Bonko
If we can get him, don't trade down.
Dreagon
I've watched him play. He's a beast. I know Johnny Manziel is gonna miss him after this season.
HobbEs
FWIW I saw a mock draft yesterday that has us taking him. I admit I don't know much about him though...
Zero
So, let's just pretend that Peters comes back healthy. Move Herreman's back to guard and put this kid on the right?
Mr. Bonko
QUOTE (Zero @ Nov 21 2012, 11:34 AM) *
So, let's just pretend that Peters comes back healthy. Move Herreman's back to guard and put this kid on the right?

Yes.
mcnabbulous
Assuming we have a top 3-5 pick, I think we have to look QB first. Assuming there is a viable option. It seems to me that Geno Smith might be that only option, though. So it may be tough to pull off.

I have no problem with the idea of drafting an OL, but I can't remember the last highly drafted tackle that went on to a SB. Pace? Ogden? It's been quite some time.

We have to get a QB. That's what it comes down to.

My biggest concern is that there are a couple teams in the same boat. The Chiefs, Oakland, and Jacksonville (to name a few.)

At this point, my heart is set on Smith. Let the disappointment await.

Mr. Bonko
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Nov 21 2012, 12:44 PM) *
Assuming we have a top 3-5 pick, I think we have to look QB first. Assuming there is a viable option. It seems to me that Geno Smith might be that only option, though. So it may be tough to pull off.

I have no problem with the idea of drafting an OL, but I can't remember the last highly drafted tackle that went on to a SB. Pace? Ogden? It's been quite some time.

My biggest concern is that there are a couple teams in the same boat. The Chiefs, Oakland, and Jacksonville (to name a few.)

I like Luke better but Genoe Smith would be the ONLY other player worth considerng taking in the top 5 (at least for the Eagles). Have to trade down for multiple immediate starters if these two guys are gone.

I still like Luke better though.
Phits
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Nov 21 2012, 12:44 PM) *

I was under the impression that this was a weak QB class? If that's so, wouldn't it be more viable to fix the o-line first? That way when we do draft a franchise QB, he has the protection necessary to help him succeed.
make_it_rain
This really is a pretty awful draft class for QBs. Some of them might end up being good, but none really stand out as exceptional prospects like Luck or Griffin. I agree with Bonko, the only QB I think would be worth taking with a top 5/10 pick would be Geno Smith, and I'm still not 100% sold on him.

I swear if we have to sit through this entire season of misery, only to have the FO piss away our high draft pick on Matt Barkley, I may need to consider other franchises to support. I've always been partial to the Vikings(NFC) and Raiders(AFC).
Eyrie
QUOTE (Zero @ Nov 21 2012, 04:34 PM) *

QUOTE (Phits @ Nov 21 2012, 05:55 PM) *
I was under the impression that this was a weak QB class? If that's so, wouldn't it be more viable to fix the o-line first? That way when we do draft a franchise QB, he has the protection necessary to help him succeed.

I'm liking the thinking here - gives me something to look forward to as an Eagles fan.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Phits @ Nov 21 2012, 01:55 PM) *

Last year was a rare exception where the top-2 guys were both can't miss. I really do like Geno Smith. Beyond that, there appears to be a significant drop off.

If we can't get Smith, I wouldn't want any of the second tier prospects.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.