Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lurie finally gets it
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Mr. Bonko
Hw understands how much this city and the fans despise AR. Lurie may like him, personally, and has already taken care of him financially. But Lurie finally gets it, IMO. Thus, AR will be treated with respect when he is released, but he will not be offered any sort of temporary consulting role (ala Banner) nor a front office job. That would be too disrespectful to the fans. I twill be a clean break and be announced on 1/2.

As for Howie, my sense is that he stays. That might cause some candidates to decline consideration to the Head Coaching job, but I think Lurie keeps Howie anyway.
TGryn
QUOTE (Mr. Bonko @ Nov 20 2012, 05:12 PM) *
he will not be offered any sort of temporary consulting role (ala Banner) nor a front office job. That would be too disrespectful to the fans.

"The fans" don't get a vote, thank goodness. The mob is capricious.

Considering what Reid's done for the franchise - most playoff wins of any coach in Eagles' history, for starters - if Lurie wants to get his opinion as to who would be a good fit, that'd be fine. That's especially true if they're considering someone who Andy had direct contact with - Childress, Frazier, Harbaugh, Castillo, Bowles, etc. It'd be stupid not to (get his opinion), really.

But I think AR's going to be busy with his next job as coach (probably in San Diego) by then, so he may not have time to help us out. Its not like he's going to have trouble finding another head coaching job, if he wants it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.