Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wassup fellas
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
JaxEagle
Hey guys, sorry I have been absent so long. I guess with a now almost 7 year old, I have had less time for talking Eagles. Seems like yesterday that we started the board. Probably been almost 10 years now. Wow.

Anyway, our Birds sure are a mess. I agree that it is time to bring in a new leader but out of respect to the greatest coach we have ever had, I am in favor of letting him finish the season and step down. We may be ticked off now for Andy's part in ruining what appeared to be such a promising group of players but before long we will look back at him with affection.

On onee of the other topics, yes, I am a little more interested to watch now that Foles is playing. I feel bad for Foles though, he is so handicapped by that line so it is hard to evaluate his performance.

Alright guys, hope all is well and you all have a great Thanksgiving. I will try to check in more regularly.

Jax

P.S. - just noticed my avatar... tells how long it has been since I was posting... yikes... I'll update it...

Also, after 4 years away I still have a warn level of 10% for a spat I had with D Rock???? WTF??
Phits
Welcome back Jax!! It's been too long.

QUOTE (JaxEagle @ Nov 20 2012, 11:22 AM) *
Hey guys, sorry I have been absent so long. I guess with a now almost 7 year old, I have had less time for talking Eagles. Seems like yesterday that we started the board. Probably been almost 10 years now. Wow.

Anyway, our Birds sure are a mess. I agree that it is time to bring in a new leader but out of respect to the greatest coach we have ever had, I am in favor of letting him finish the season and step down. We may be ticked off now for Andy's part in ruining what appeared to be such a promising group of players but before long we will look back at him with affection.

On onee of the other topics, yes, I am a little more interested to watch now that Foles is playing. I feel bad for Foles though, he is so handicapped by that line so it is hard to evaluate his performance.

Alright guys, hope all is well and you all have a great Thanksgiving. I will try to check in more regularly.

Jax

P.S. - just noticed my avatar... tells how long it has been since I was posting... yikes... I'll update it...

Also, after 4 years away I still have a warn level of 10% for a spat I had with D Rock???? WTF??

Eyrie
QUOTE (JaxEagle @ Nov 20 2012, 04:22 PM) *

Jax

Welcome back, and you're just in time for the rebuilding to begin wink.gif

Pretty certain there was an amnesty a couple of years ago on warn levels, so Aquila may let you off (of course he may double it instead ..... )
JaxEagle
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Nov 20 2012, 01:47 PM) *
Welcome back, and you're just in time for the rebuilding to begin wink.gif

Pretty certain there was an amnesty a couple of years ago on warn levels, so Aquila may let you off (of course he may double it instead ..... )

Thanks Eyrie - nice to be back. Yes, I'm afraid we may be rebuilding the Eagles and maybe Phils soon too. Great runs by those teams that we can be very proud of though!!

Aquila did let me out of jail with a clean record. Now I can go pick another fight wink.gif

D Rock.... come out come out wherever you are... LOL... just kidding.... D how are those babies of yours? No longer babies huh?
Zero
How you been doin', Jax? Jump in, the water's getting warm.

D Rock
QUOTE (JaxEagle @ Nov 20 2012, 05:22 PM) *

Jax

Nice to "see" ya Jax. I know all too well what life w a 7 year old (& a 5 y/o to boot) is all about. Pisses me off the birds can't give us a pleasant diversion once and a while.

Hope you're well.

cheers.gif

Re: warning level, mine hasn't budged either.

wink.gif
Aquila
QUOTE (D Rock @ Nov 21 2012, 05:58 PM) *
Nice to "see" ya Jax. I know all too well what life w a 7 year old (& a 5 y/o to boot) is all about. Pisses me off the birds can't give us a pleasant diversion once and a while.

Hope you're well.

cheers.gif

wink.gif

Not since I reduced it back in February. How high would you like me to increase it? wub.gif
nephillymike
I vote that, like in school, if you don't show up they INCREASE your warning level !!

Give some guys a family and they forget about their friends!!

Good to hear from ya Jax.

Hope all is well.

My "babies" are now 19, 16 and 14!!.

My youngest just got out of 8th grade. This may be the first year I haven't coached basketball since my oldest was 10!

Time flies. Enjoy them while you can.

In your long time off, have you yet to run across a movie better than Phone Booth??

Didn't think so.

Remember that Tailgate game against Jax where Andy threw the ball into 45 mph wind gusts while we watched their backup QB (Gerard) and back up RB (MJD) grind out a low scoring win against us while we yelled from the cheap seats:

Run the Ball Andy!!

Still yelling.

Still not listening.

Chuck and duck at it's finest!

A good time at Chickies the night before though.

Good to hear from you.

Stop by more often.
JaxEagle
QUOTE (Zero @ Nov 21 2012, 11:27 AM) *
How you been doin', Jax? Jump in, the water's getting warm.

Good thanks Z! I guess I am just in time for us to start talking about a new era of football in Philly
JaxEagle
QUOTE (D Rock @ Nov 21 2012, 12:58 PM) *

Hope you're well.

cheers.gif

wink.gif

Thanks D, good to see everyone!!
JaxEagle
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Nov 21 2012, 05:45 PM) *
I vote that, like in school, if you don't show up they INCREASE your warning level !!

Give some guys a family and they forget about their friends!!

Good to hear from ya Jax.

Hope all is well.

My "babies" are now 19, 16 and 14!!.

My youngest just got out of 8th grade. This may be the first year I haven't coached basketball since my oldest was 10!

Time flies. Enjoy them while you can.

In your long time off, have you yet to run across a movie better than Phone Booth??

Didn't think so.

Remember that Tailgate game against Jax where Andy threw the ball into 45 mph wind gusts while we watched their backup QB (Gerard) and back up RB (MJD) grind out a low scoring win against us while we yelled from the cheap seats:

Run the Ball Andy!!

Still yelling.

Still not listening.

Chuck and duck at it's finest!

A good time at Chickies the night before though.

Good to hear from you.

Stop by more often.

Ouch!! I will try not to let it happen again.

19 years old. Holy cow time flies. Scary isn't it?

That was a fun night at Chickie and Pete's but an ugly game and ugly November day. It was cold and 30mph winds. We should've won handily if we would've run it. I recall wanting Leftwich to start because we would've shut him down. I knew Garrard would run in those weather conditions. He did. We didn't. Terrible loss.

We did finally beat that pesky bunch in 2010 here in Jax and Vick, Jackson and Maclin were great that day.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.