Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lots of players on my shit list
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
xsv
Namdi
Coleman
DRC
Celek
Dunlap
Maclin
Cole

I'd mention Vick, but I think that goes without saying.
GQSmooth
I find it easier to list the players you would keep. Blow everything else up. That list for me now is pretty limited.

Phits
QUOTE (GQSmooth @ Nov 19 2012, 03:13 PM) *
I find it easier to list the players you would keep. Blow everything else up. That list for me now is pretty limited.

That list starts with McCoy....
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (Phits @ Nov 19 2012, 04:32 PM) *
That list starts with McCoy....

Not that any of us care at this point, but Henery is proving to be a really good kicker, we haven't missed a beat since Akers. We haven't really seen those extra distance FGs, but I don't believe he's ever attempted longer than 51, and he made that one, correct me if I'm wrong.
SLOiggles
McCoy
Herremans
Peters
Henery
Dorenbos
Kendricks
Havili
Kelce
Desean/Maclin - I'd keep one, but whichever is cheaper over the long term. Both are the same player and clearly not a Harvin/Cobb type player

Honestly, aside from them, I don't really see that many must have keepers on this team. DeMeco Ryans has regressed since the beginning of the season, the secondary is garbage, the offensive line is trash, the quarterbacks are average (I do want to see Foles for the rest of the year though so we know what type of problems we have there), and the defensive line has suddenly become even less than average.

Honestly, what the hell happened in one year that Trent Cole is getting no pressure on quarterbacks? Just two seasons ago he was considered by people outside of the Eagles fanbase as one of the most underrated players on defense in the league. Now I'm lucky if I even hear his name called during a game.
Phits
QUOTE (SLOiggles @ Nov 20 2012, 12:44 AM) *
Honestly, what the hell happened in one year that Trent Cole is getting no pressure on quarterbacks? Just two seasons ago he was considered by people outside of the Eagles fanbase as one of the most underrated players on defense in the league. Now I'm lucky if I even hear his name called during a game.

coaching happened...or didn't happen. 6 one way half a dozen the other.
TGryn
Herremans as OG only. At OT, he was a huge disappointment this year. Looks like his wheels are starting to go, can't handle the outside speed rush anymore. Like Cole, this happened after he got a large contract extension (of course.)
Zero
QUOTE (TGryn @ Nov 20 2012, 07:03 AM) *
Herremans as OG only. At OT, he was a huge disappointment this year. Looks like his wheels are starting to go, can't handle the outside speed rush anymore. Like Cole, this happened after he got a large contract extension (of course.)

That's another thing that's changed. The Eagles got a lot of flack for letting players go when they hit 30. The thing is, they turned over the roster and kept winning while most of the guys they let go didn't do squat at the next stop.

I'm not sure this "kinder/gentler" approach is a good thing for success.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (SLOiggles @ Nov 20 2012, 01:44 AM) *
McCoy
Herremans
Peters
Henery
Dorenbos
Kendricks
Havili
Kelce
Desean/Maclin - I'd keep one, but whichever is cheaper over the long term. Both are the same player and clearly not a Harvin/Cobb type player

Honestly, aside from them, I don't really see that many must have keepers on this team. DeMeco Ryans has regressed since the beginning of the season, the secondary is garbage, the offensive line is trash, the quarterbacks are average (I do want to see Foles for the rest of the year though so we know what type of problems we have there), and the defensive line has suddenly become even less than average.

Your list is pretty similar to mine. I'd add Boykins to it.

Has Ryans play really dropped that significantly? Admittedly, I can't say one way or another, but he's been praised quite a bit from what I've heard. Especially as one of the few guys actually giving any effort.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Phits @ Nov 20 2012, 02:00 AM) *
coaching happened...or didn't happen. 6 one way half a dozen the other.

At this point, I think Cole is beyond coaching to a certain extent. I think is struggles likely come with being an undersized, aging defensive end.
Eyrie
QUOTE (TGryn @ Nov 20 2012, 12:03 PM) *

Good call.

Looking more and more like we need to take a T with our top ten pick, so sliding Herremans back inside enables us to bench Watkins. Of course, much depends on what our next offensive co-ordinator and OL coach want to do (I'm assuming Mudd will retire again when Reid goes).
JaxEagle
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Nov 19 2012, 06:06 PM) *
Not that any of us care at this point, but Henery is proving to be a really good kicker, we haven't missed a beat since Akers. We haven't really seen those extra distance FGs, but I don't believe he's ever attempted longer than 51, and he made that one, correct me if I'm wrong.

Agree on McCoy. Agree on Henery too. Although, I was president of the David Akers apologist club.... guess he's made me look good on that one. Akers is still a Pro Bowler. I'm very pleased with Henery though. Henery had a few bumps adjusting to the NFL but that's to be expected. He is performing at a high level now.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (JaxEagle @ Nov 20 2012, 02:26 PM) *
Although, I was president of the David Akers apologist club.... guess he's made me look good on that one. Akers is still a Pro Bowler

No such thing - Akers is awesome, but after Reid threw him under thebus after the playoff loss to GB he had to go. Another reason the Fire the Walrus!

I'm glad we found a very solid replacement though. At least so far.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (xsv @ Nov 19 2012, 12:04 PM) *
Namdi
Coleman
DRC
Celek
Dunlap
Maclin
Cole

I'd mention Vick, but I think that goes without saying.

I actually agree with your list except Celek.......he has taken a beating trying to will this team to win....he has been one of the few who has given his body as a sacrifice....I don't know how he is still playing with the shots he has taken.

I add the tandem of line coaches.......that ship has sailed...
TGryn
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Nov 20 2012, 12:56 PM) *
No such thing - Akers is awesome, but after Reid threw him under thebus after the playoff loss to GB he had to go. Another reason the Fire the Walrus!
Which makes for an interesting analogy: Akers lost that game on two missed FGs after his daughter had a health scare right before that game, and Reid is having arguably his worse year after his son died right before the season. We'd like them all to be rocks that nothing outside the game affects them, but it just doesn't work that way.

I lost a lot of respect for Akers, not for the misses in the GB game, but for basically expecting the Eagles to make up in his next contract the $$ that he lost by getting taken in the Triton ponzi scam. Even doubling his salary by getting the transition tag was labeled "disappointing" by his agent, because Akers needed cash fast (through a big signing bonus). He did get paid by the 49ers, but its not like he was kicked out the door, either.
make_it_rain
You know, I had this long, thought out post to this topic written up, but fuck it... I just deleted it.

I'd rather just leave this here:

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.