Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Foles might still turn out ok
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
xsv
But it looked to me like he had roughly average time back there today, and I didn't see any of that 'uncanny accuracy' he's supposed to have.

Also, didn't care for that little sidearm thing he tries to do on screens. I don't know what that's all about.

Still greatly prefer to see him back there over Vick, But I didn't see a whole lot to be excited about so far.
Pbfan
Didn't see the game but it sounds like the oline didn't do hi any favors. I really hope he gets a few more starts before we can judge. One game with this line simply isnt enough of an indicator.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (xsv @ Nov 18 2012, 10:47 PM) *
But it looked to me like he had roughly average time back there today, and I didn't see any of that 'uncanny accuracy' he's supposed to have.

Also, didn't care for that little sidearm thing he tries to do on screens. I don't know what that's all about.

Still greatly prefer to see him back there over Vick, But I didn't see a whole lot to be excited about so far.

I was also bummed about his accuracy. I can remember more poorly thrown balls than strikes.
Phits
doesn't help his confidence having the rook throw the ball 40+ times
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Phits @ Nov 19 2012, 02:07 AM) *
doesn't help his confidence having the rook throw the ball 40+ times

Andrew Luck has had 44 or more pass attempts in 6 of his first 10 NFL games.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Nov 19 2012, 01:13 AM) *

Thank you for that completely irrelevant and pointless stat. But just for fun, yeah he's attempted 44 or more passes 6 times this year - including all 4 of Indy's losses, with 2 wins.

Of course, we're talking about an excellent QB prospect as well, not a drafted backup - and we're also talking about a backfield that splits carries between Vic Ballard and Donald Brown, not a 2,000 yard back and genuine superstar.

Like I said, keep at it tiger - god knows you're trying hard enough, I'm sure you'll find something legit to defend about Reid one of these days.

Dr. Claw
QUOTE (xsv @ Nov 18 2012, 09:47 PM) *

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL.
laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Nov 19 2012, 07:19 AM) *
Thank you for that completely irrelevant and pointless stat. But just for fun, yeah he's attempted 44 or more passes 6 times this year - including all 4 of Indy's losses, with 2 wins.

Of course, we're talking about an excellent QB prospect as well, not a drafted backup - and we're also talking about a backfield that splits carries between Vic Ballard and Donald Brown, not a 2,000 yard back and genuine superstar.

Like I said, keep at it tiger - god knows you're trying hard enough, I'm sure you'll find something legit to defend about Reid one of these days.

I pointed out that completely relevant stat, because the league has changed, dramatically. Throwing the ball 40 times isn't an uncommon occurrence.

To make a completely asinine statement that throwing 40+ times will somehow hurt a rookie's confidence deserves to be refuted. Especially considering that a significant portion of those throws were quick screens and short passes designed to build confidence.

If Foles' confidence is shaken because he had to throw the ball 40+ times, I'm quite confident he's not going to make it in this town.

And yes, Andrew Luck has thrown a lot in his team's losses. Because that often happens, especially when your team gets blown out, like we did yesterday. It's the result of getting beat badly, not the cause of it.
xsv
QUOTE (Dr. Claw @ Nov 19 2012, 07:23 AM) *
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL.
laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

At least he's not an overrated dog rapist/murdering scrambling qb who never actually learned how to play qb and who has lost more than a couple of steps in the last couple of years.

Looking towards the future.
HobbEs
He did some good things as well as made some bad decsions. Overall he looked like a rooke...and playing behind the worst offensive line in all of football doesn't help.

Like X said, I don't know what's up with those side arm throws...and the 1st Int was really on Celek. Andy doesn't seem to be protecting him the way he did with Kolb or Feely either. Hopefully he doesn't shake the kid's confidence because I think most of his problems are correctable.

Phits
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Nov 19 2012, 01:13 AM) *

Foles isn't ready for prime time like Luck is/was.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Phits @ Nov 19 2012, 11:43 AM) *

Granted, Luck is one of the most polished prospects ever...

With that said, the game has changed. Throwing the ball a lot is common, regardless of experience. We were getting blown out, which resulted in tons of throws in the 4th quarter.

As I said, if his confidence can't handle throwing the ball a lot, this town will eat him alive.

I thought the coaches did a good job of giving him easy passes early in the game to help get him into a rhythm. Admittedly, I didn't watch much of the later stuff, so I can't speak to how that played out.

If the game had been closer, I think those numbers would have been different.

Whatever, this team is a mess. We'll get a fresh start next year.
Dr. Claw
QUOTE (xsv @ Nov 19 2012, 08:58 AM) *
At least he's not an overrated dog rapist/murdering scrambling qb who never actually learned how to play qb and who has lost more than a couple of steps in the last couple of years.

at least the true nature of this "critique" is out... that's all I'm here for
MistahNickells
QUOTE (xsv @ Nov 19 2012, 08:58 AM) *

Wow so thats what all this critics has been about? laugh.gif
Eyrie
Leaving aside his personal history, Vick is simply not a good QB and other than one brief phase here, never has been. Add to that the fact that he won't be here next year and is near the end of his career.

So looking to the future is all we have left in 2012. I'm not prepared to write Foles off just yet, but after yesterday the early signs are not promising.
Bez
QUOTE (Phits @ Nov 19 2012, 10:43 AM) *
Yeah , but he isn't a premaddona either. The defenses in the NFL have it set in their minds to hate Luck. He is still a pussy at heart.
D Rock
QUOTE (xsv @ Nov 19 2012, 02:58 PM) *

YES
Dreagon
I think NFL fans have been spoiled by the rare rookie QB who is just thrown to the wolves his first year and does well. That is usually not the case. Heck, Aikman went 1-15 his first year, and i was worried that he would be ruined.

You can't just judge a rookie by what he does his first few games. You have to look at the body of work and decide what is the result of ability and won't change, and what is the result of rookie inexperience and can be changed with coaching and a bunch of games under his belt.
Eyrie
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Nov 20 2012, 12:50 AM) *
I think NFL fans have been spoiled by the rare rookie QB who is just thrown to the wolves his first year and does well. That is usually not the case. Heck, Aikman went 1-15 his first year, and i was worried that he would be ruined.

You can't just judge a rookie by what he does his first few games. You have to look at the body of work and decide what is the result of ability and won't change, and what is the result of rookie inexperience and can be changed with coaching and a bunch of games under his belt.

Flip side of that is a rookie who looks good in a few starts at the end of a collapsing season, then turns out to be a turd like Bobby Hoying.
D Rock
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Nov 20 2012, 01:50 AM) *

Aikman? Really? Fuck him and fuck you for mentioning him here.

Forget that he's overrated to a laughable degree. (I can throw to that group of skill players w that protection)

There is absolutely ZERO relevance to that fags rookie experience 20 years ago and today's rookie qb.

Or have you missed the rookie seasons of the Ryan's, Flaccos, Newtons et al..

Aikman. Easily the dumbest thing you've said here by far.
Zero
Damn, D Rock, this team sure has crawled inside you.

The fun is about to begin as long as Jeffy decides that San Fran is still the team to emulate. Funny how things stay the same but change, huh?

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.