Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hey Nnamdi
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
BOO!!

Keep smiling ass hole.

You make Toast Jenkins look like a player.
SAM I Am
He's gone at the end of the year.
BirdsWinBaby
QUOTE (SAM I Am @ Nov 18 2012, 04:20 PM) *
He's gone at the end of the year.

per Jeff McLane (philly.com)...

"Nnamdi Asomugha - The 31-year-old cornerback is due to earn a whopping $15 million in base salary next season, with $4 million guaranteed. The Eagles aren't likely to cut Asomugha and eat the $4 million, but they're not going to pay him his full salary considering the slip in his production. More than likely, the sides will meet somewhere in the middle"

so he will likely be here to suck some more next year. Just take solace in the idea that before he starts giving up TDs next year, they will pay him a tad less to do so

go birds
mcnabbulous
FWIW, on that long touchdown, Allen has taken the blame for biting on a fake. So take solace in the fact that it's not our overpriced corner that was to blame there. It was our much younger, early 2nd round safety.
Zero
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Nov 18 2012, 06:03 PM) *
FWIW, on that long touchdown, Allen has taken the blame for biting on a fake. So take solace in the fact that it's not our overpriced corner that was to blame there. It was our much younger, early 2nd round safety.

It sure looked that way too. Namdi was so far off it sure looked like he expected the guy between him and the receiver, #29 Allen to take the man. PeeeEwwww!
SAM I Am
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Nov 18 2012, 06:03 PM) *

Still, I don't know what the fuck Nnamdi was doing out there so far from the receiver when he had absolutely nothing else going on in front of him as far as the eye could see. Looked like he was just lost out there standing around all by himself.
BirdsWinBaby
QUOTE (SAM I Am @ Nov 18 2012, 07:49 PM) *
Still, I don't know what the fuck Nnamdi was doing out there so far from the receiver when he had absolutely nothing else going on in front of him as far as the eye could see. Looked like he was just lost out there standing around all by himself.

Nnamdi is best 5-15yds from the LOS.....given his large frame for a CB, being able to jam or body up on shorter routes is really all he has left. in the open field he is just as likely to be completely lost as he is to make a good PD. which means that while Nnamdi is being paid like a shutdown guy...he is really a guy who CONSTANTLY needs safety help (AKA a mediocre CB)
TGryn
Keep in mind that our scheme requires our safeties to fill designated run gaps like a LB, but also to provide deep help at the same time. Neither Allen or Coleman are experienced enough yet to make the right split-second read 100% of the time, and Coleman also doesn't have the speed to recover once he's out of position, hence why he looks even worse than Allen.

On the other hand, on some plays the coaches' schemes are doing Andy's "putting our guys in a position to make a play" thing 100% right, like having Coleman and Boykin doubling Moss, but the players don't do their job and let the WR outwrestle both of them for the ball.

Also, that any QB has enough to wait for the WR to get that far behind the coverage is an indictment of Washburn's D-Line, just like that we can't do that this year with DJax or Maclin is a sign of how bad the O-line has become.
Pbfan
I'm still unsure why we have Namdi playing zone still. He should just be left alone in man coverage. I don't get why they fire Castillo if they aren't going to change the scheme.
Clamdigger
QUOTE (Pbfan @ Nov 18 2012, 10:07 PM) *
I'm still unsure why we have Namdi playing zone still. He should just be left alone in man coverage. I don't get why they fire Castillo if they aren't going to change the scheme.

You're confusing man coverage with press coverage. You can play man and still play off the receiver.
Pbfan
QUOTE (Clamdigger @ Nov 20 2012, 04:27 PM) *
You're confusing man coverage with press coverage. You can play man and still play off the receiver.

I don't think you're getting what im saying. He seemed to be in zone there. He shouldnt have.

I don't think he should be in zone. He should be in man-to-man. A signifigant part of the Castillo/ defense drama was because Namdi was playing too much zone. This was a problem that was supposedly solved. As shown on that play, it hasn't.
BirdsWinBaby
QUOTE (Pbfan @ Nov 21 2012, 08:25 AM) *
I don't think you're getting what im saying. He seemed to be in zone there. He shouldnt have.

I don't think he should be in zone. He should be in man-to-man. A signifigant part of the Castillo/ defense drama was because Namdi was playing too much zone. This was a problem that was supposedly solved. As shown on that play, it hasn't.

Check out this week's all-22 breakdown of this play at Eagles24/7. It's a cover 3 zone that works fine as long as the safety (Allen) doesn't give up his middle of the field responsibility. The problem with Nnamdi here is not that he got beat. He didn't. The problem here is that he didn't have anybody to cover, realized immediately that Allen got faked out of position, and decided that he wasn't gonna help so when the inevitable TD was scored he wouldn't be in the picture.

This play illustrates one of the problems on this team. One screwup by one guy and others aren't interested in 'help defense.' Sometimes in b-ball when your teammate gets beat off the dribble you step in to take a charge even though its not your man. Bdawk used to do this so often when his CBs got beat it looked like he was getting beat repeatedly. We don't have that kind of team Anymore and it shows
D Rock
QUOTE (Zero @ Nov 19 2012, 12:34 AM) *
It sure looked that way too. Namdi was so far off it sure looked like he expected the guy between him and the receiver, #29 Allen to take the man. PeeeEwwww!

This is my problem w namdi.

Look Asshat. Just because you're supposed to have help over the top, doesn't mean you're supposed to play 10-15 yards off a guy. It's as if he takes those plays off becaus someone else is plausibly to blame. I hate that prik.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.