Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: It's not what you say,it's how you say it
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
My Dad used to tell me I could call a man an asshole and have him buy me a beer or I could compliment him and get punched in the mouth. It's all about delivery.

It's not that the Eagles are losing, it's how they're losing. OL is decimated but where's the backups? Hasn't this been a priority of Reid's since he's been here? Foles looked like a rookie today but he seemed to be more of a QB than Vick.

The defense is still screwing the pooch. Out of position and missing tackles. What's so special about these Special Teams?

The OL sucks, the defense is lost and the coaches can't fix it. They're all yours, Andy. I enjoyed the ride. You gave us a lot of entertainment while you were here but you're at the station and it's time to move on. Thanks for the memories.

Eyrie
QUOTE (Zero @ Nov 12 2012, 01:52 AM) *
They're all yours, Andy. I enjoyed the ride. You gave us a lot of entertainment while you were here but you're at the station and it's time to move on. Thanks for the memories.

That's a very polite way of saying it.

But it's also a fair summation of his time here. We did enjoy relatively successful seasons under Reid without managing to have the real success of a SuperBowl win. He goes with my thanks and my best wishes, but he also goes three years too late.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Nov 12 2012, 01:50 PM) *
but he also goes three years too late.

But who's counting at this point.
koolaidluke
I've always loved Andy, always will but he has brought his firing on himself.

The way that Foles was able to lead the offense made me think that Vick has been a bigger part of the problem than it looked on a superficial level. I do realize that Foles got better protection than Vick ever did but Vick was stalled by the time he went out whereas Foles was able to put up a bunch of points despite not really playing that well.

As for the D, they held Brees to 21 points and basically shut down Romo after the first drive. The progress has been slow but it's been there. The wide 9 looks to be on the way out and the Eagles don't appear to be particularly committed to it anymore.

Apparently Foles is starting next week. He will be going against a bad team with a terrible pass defense. His own defense should be able to shut the other team down. He has a line that is finally protecting well. He should play well.

If Foles gets the win Reid will have what he needs to dump Vick and go for Foles for the rest of the year. If Reid can show he has developed a new QB and is able to finish 9-7, that won't be enough for Reid to save his job but it will give us momentum going into next year and help Reid get another job somewhere else.
koolaidluke
By the way, the fans who are criticizing Foles performance are a bunch of gays
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Zero @ Nov 11 2012, 09:52 PM) *
It's not that the Eagles are losing, it's how they're losing. OL is decimated but where's the backups? Hasn't this been a priority of Reid's since he's been here?

No team can survive 4 injuries across their offensive line. Especially with a starting QB that has no awareness and a backup who is a rookie.

I also don't think Mudd is very good. His greatness appears to have been a product of Peyton being Peyton.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.