Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: LOL @ Eli Manning
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Dr. Claw
Getting outplayed by Andy Dalton right now...

Vick at his worst never looked like this.
Phits
QUOTE (Dr. Claw @ Nov 11 2012, 03:11 PM) *
Getting outplayed by Andy Dalton right now...

Vick at his worst never looked like this.

Keep it in perspective....Vick at his best isn't a 2 x SB champion. This is likely Vick's last season as a FT starter. You would be hard pressed to find somebody who would be willing to take Vick over (SH)ELI.
Dr. Claw
QUOTE (Phits @ Nov 11 2012, 03:25 PM) *
Keep it in perspective....Vick at his best isn't a 2 x SB champion. This is likely Vick's last season as a FT starter. You would be hard pressed to find somebody who would be willing to take Vick over (SH)ELI.

I'm just saying, if Eli played behind this line with Andy as coach the Eagles would be 0-8.

So-called "elite" QBs don't look like a poor man's Tony Romo. LOL @ that game.
Zero
QUOTE (Dr. Claw @ Nov 11 2012, 04:26 PM) *
I'm just saying, if Eli played behind this line with Andy as coach the Eagles would be 0-8.

So-called "elite" QBs don't look like a poor man's Tony Romo. LOL @ that game.

Vick got a lot better as a QB under Andy and Marty's tutelage. He still doesn't have the instincts of a QB. I give him credit for turning his life around and improving but he's not an NFL QB. Never was and never will be.
Dr. Claw
QUOTE (Zero @ Nov 11 2012, 09:03 PM) *
Vick got a lot better as a QB under Andy and Marty's tutelage. He still doesn't have the instincts of a QB. I give him credit for turning his life around and improving but he's not an NFL QB. Never was and never will be.

I disagree. But perhaps with another QB playing, people will finally see that the offense the Eagles have run is a swirling pile of cow dung.
Zero
QUOTE (Dr. Claw @ Nov 11 2012, 09:07 PM) *
I disagree. But perhaps with another QB playing, people will finally see that the offense the Eagles have run is a swirling pile of cow dung.

I do believe teams have caught up with Reid and his offense, but that's not the only problem. Vick is OK if everything is going well but he doesn't seem to show the instincts of even the rookie Foles when under pressure. He will pull out of the pocket instead of stepping up, he'll take off running instead of moving a foot or two like so many others do.

The play calling and the OL aren't helping but compare his reactions to a player like Brees who's not too different in size. I think Vick's instincts were programed by his superior athleticism and although he can learn, it's near impossible to re-program.

Was it my imagination or did the team seem more energized after Vick's injury yesterday? Step up for the loss of our leader or a boost in confidence?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.