Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Retread or not, Chuckie may be just the ticket for this team
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
Shady and Brown running the ball, but not just calling the plays, calling them as a base and using DJax and Maclin as the back breakers. The OL would have to be fixed, D attitude too but attitude is a strong suit for Gruden.
Chuckie
TGryn
Actually, player relations was a problem area for Gruden in Tampa. His last team gave up on him after starting 9-3 to finish 9-7 (and get JG fired).
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (TGryn @ Nov 10 2012, 03:09 PM) *
Actually, player relations was a problem area for Gruden in Tampa. His last team gave up on him after starting 9-3 to finish 9-7 (and get JG fired).

Great. Let's have some player problems a decade from now, AFTER WE WIN A FUCKING SUPERBOWL
Reality Fan
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Nov 10 2012, 06:08 PM) *
Great. Let's have some player problems a decade from now, AFTER WE WIN A FUCKING SUPERBOWL

except Gruden is no shoe in for a SB.......he didn't leave Tampa because he was doing so well and he won a SB because Dungy built a terrific team not unlike Switzer's SB.....maybe you want him too....
Bez
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Nov 10 2012, 07:16 PM) *
except Gruden is no shoe in for a SB.......he didn't leave Tampa because he was doing so well and he won a SB because Dungy built a terrific team not unlike Switzer's SB.....maybe you want him too....
I tend to agree with this , Gruden's bad luck with the Raiders was reversed in Tampa with a gifted team to start off with. He sounds like a radio broadcaster.
Phits

Nobody is a shoe in to win the SB. What it is, is that a coach like Chucky has the fire and desire that Eagles fans want....

Enough of Reid and having "to do a better job".
mcnabbulous
I would have been okay with Gruden if we were still in that stage when we had a very good team who was close. Right now, our team is in shambles and we need a strong front office to get us back towards the top. Gruden has never proven to be that guy.
Eyrie
As offensive co-ordinator, possibly.

But he'll want to be head coach and based on his time in Tampa he's shown me enough to know that I don't want him.
MistahNickells
QUOTE (Phits @ Nov 10 2012, 08:39 PM) *
Nobody is a shoe in to win the SB. What it is, is that a coach like Chucky has the fire and desire that Eagles fans want....

what fire? the fire of a losing coach that won a sb on the coat-tails of the previous coach? wow I understand that some people do not like reid but come on??!! this is ludacris
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Phits @ Nov 10 2012, 09:39 PM) *

hmmmmm....so you want fire or a SB? which is it....I don't care what a coach does in a press conference. I don't need the coach to entertain me, I want him to win games and in all honesty I think worrying about a coach connecting with the fans is silly. Buddy Ryan was a hoot but that did not work out so well in the playoffs....I never understood fans getting upset about press conferences.....it was the media who got fans amped up about them with Reid because they had their feelings hurt that Reid was not colorful in them......hell......check out a Patriots PC over the years.......Belichick is the original Reid.
Phits
QUOTE (MistahNickells @ Nov 11 2012, 09:27 AM) *
this is ludacris

Do you mean "This is Ludacris" as in the Atlanta based rapper? or did you mean this is ludicrous as in "So foolish, unreasonable, or out of place as to be amusing"?

If it's the latter, what is ridiculous about wanting a more fiery coach? Somebody like Chucky, where "like" is a preposition.
Phits
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Nov 11 2012, 09:42 AM) *
hmmmmm....so you want fire or a SB? which is it...

They aren't, necessarily, mutually exclusive to one another. Since the variables (both known and unknown) to a SB championship exceed that of merely replacing our HC, I should be able to desire specific characteristics/qualities, it is all hypothetical.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Phits @ Nov 11 2012, 11:35 AM) *
They aren't, necessarily, mutually exclusive to one another. Since the variables (both known and unknown) to a SB championship exceed that of merely replacing our HC, I should be able to desire specific characteristics/qualities, it is all hypothetical.

except if you look at the last 10 SB winners...other than Gruden and maybe Peyton you have coaches who don't worry about the media or fans.....
HOUSEoPAIN
not unlike Switzer's SB.....maybe you want him too....

No I don't want Switzer actually.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Nov 11 2012, 05:12 PM) *
No I don't want Switzer actually.

no sane person would but it shows what bad coach can do with a team built by others...
Eyrie
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Nov 12 2012, 01:47 AM) *
no sane person would but it shows what bad coach can do with a team built by others...

Is that a reference to Gruden? wink.gif

HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Nov 12 2012, 01:46 PM) *
Is that a reference to Gruden? wink.gif

Gruden made the Raiders legit contenders, at the same time the Bucs were contenders with Dungy - then Gruden came to Tampa Bay, and made them champions - beating his old Raiders in the Super Bowl.

I don't know how you can deny him credit for that.

On top of that, he embarassed us in the last game at the Vet (they were a team we had dominated under Dungy and the Bucs had never won once under a certain temperature), and further humiliated us in the first game at the Linc. Reid's got nothin on him.
HobbEs
I got the chance to listen to Ray Diddy on WIP this morning and he thinks Gruden won't be coming here. He basically said that it's been Lurie's M.O. to hire an assistant coach from one of the "hot teams" at the time. He doen't think that will change.

So assuming the Texan, Falcons, 49ers and Bears are the hot teams right now is there anyone from those staffs that would be a good hire? I can't think of anyone...
Bocadelphia Eagles John
QUOTE (HobbEs @ Nov 12 2012, 02:48 PM) *
So assuming the Texan, Falcons, 49ers and Bears are the hot teams right now

What a pathetic mess we have on our hands when there a those of us who realize that the Texans are one of the hot teams ....

The Eagles franchise is older than dirt, and the new kid on the block is getting attention for their rise to some kind of prominence.

Do you realize just how fu**ed that is ?

Mr. Lurie ... hang your head in shame. And please .... sell the team. To anybody. Just sell.

That's how bad it is folks. This franchise needs an overhaul from the top down all the way to the bottom.

I thought it was bad during the Kotite, Rhodes eras ? Not a chance. This organization is more fu**ed up than it's EVER been.

Lurie let Reid overstay his shelf life.
Dreagon
QUOTE (HobbEs @ Nov 12 2012, 01:48 PM) *
So assuming the Texan, Falcons, 49ers and Bears are the hot teams right now is there anyone from those staffs that would be a good hire? I can't think of anyone...

the Texans have this awesome defensive coordinator that might just....
Zero
QUOTE (HobbEs @ Nov 12 2012, 02:48 PM) *
I got the chance to listen to Ray Diddy on WIP this morning and he thinks Gruden won't be coming here. He basically said that it's been Lurie's M.O. to hire an assistant coach from one of the "hot teams" at the time. He doen't think that will change.

I like Diddy but 2 is a pretty small sampling to yield M.O.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Bocadelphia Eagles John @ Nov 12 2012, 04:40 PM) *
What a pathetic mess we have on our hands when there a those of us who realize that the Texans are one of the hot teams ....

The Eagles franchise is older than dirt, and the new kid on the block is getting attention for their rise to some kind of prominence.

Do you realize just how fu**ed that is ?

Mr. Lurie ... hang your head in shame. And please .... sell the team. To anybody. Just sell.

That's how bad it is folks. This franchise needs an overhaul from the top down all the way to the bottom.

I thought it was bad during the Kotite, Rhodes eras ? Not a chance. This organization is more fu**ed up than it's EVER been.

Lurie let Reid overstay his shelf life.

I don't think the Texans are anywhere near the point when you can consider them a newborn. They struggled for many years, then found their coach and QB.

They've had ample time to build a decent team, and they've done just that.

Lurie has done an admirable job with the Eagles. We just experienced over a decade of straight success. That is difficult to accomplish.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Nov 12 2012, 07:39 PM) *
I don't think the Texans are anywhere near the point when you can consider them a newborn. They struggled for many years, then found their coach and QB.

They've had ample time to build a decent team, and they've done just that.

Yeah the Texans have been on the rise for awhile, they were expected to be contenders this year and they are.
HobbEs
the Texans have this awesome defensive coordinator that might just....

Yeah, he was our D coordinator too (during the Buddy days). I'll pass thank you.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (HobbEs @ Nov 13 2012, 01:39 PM) *
Yeah, he was our D coordinator too (during the Buddy days). I'll pass thank you.

I forgot about that.....nice pick up..........
HobbEs
I forgot about that.....nice pick up..........

Not to mention his outstainding tenure as HC of the Bills...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.