Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: We're playing Dallas on Sunday evening
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Eyrie
Give me some reasons for optimism, please.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Nov 9 2012, 01:37 PM) *
Give me some reasons for optimism, please.

1.) The Cowboys suck too

2.) We just faced 4 good teams in a row - and went 0-4. One of our hallmarks under the Walrus is being able to consistently beat shitty-to-mediocre teams, which pretty much will put us on a roll before long, and the Cowboys certainly fit the bill for us to beat - I still expect us to win 9 or 10 games, but as always, we're not going anywhere. I just hope I don't murder the first dumbass I hear say 'see Reid always bounces back' after we win 4 or 5 in a row against equally shitty/shittier teams.

3.) Actually, those are the only two reasons for any optimism - other than that this is the final season under Reid/Morningwood.
CT_Eagle
The saddest thing about this weekend is that I am not pumped for this game in any way, shape or form. Andy and company really have beaten me down this year.
HobbEs
We're playing Dallas on Sunday and I'm actually thinking about going to see Skyfall.

Sheesh! What a season...
Dreagon
1. Our record says we suck every bit as much as you do.
2. Demarco Murray is still hurt and won't play. Felix Jones will probably pull a hamstring running out to the huddle.
3. Costa is still out which means we have no interior offensive linemen that don't suck either.
4. Our owner says he would possibly fire the GM except that he IS the GM and that's different so everything is fine and nothing shall change. *sob*
5. Our coach is quite possibly as bad at late game clock management as your coach. Not to mention, I don't think Andy Reid ever iced his own kicker.
Bocadelphia Eagles John
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Nov 9 2012, 05:47 PM) *
1. Our record says we suck every bit as much as you do.
2. Demarco Murray is still hurt and won't play. Felix Jones will probably pull a hamstring running out to the huddle.
3. Costa is still out which means we have no interior offensive linemen that don't suck either.
4. Our owner says he would possibly fire the GM except that he IS the GM and that's different so everything is fine and nothing shall change. *sob*
5. Our coach is quite possibly as bad at late game clock management as your coach. Not to mention, I don't think Andy Reid ever iced his own kicker.

Ignore this post. It's a trap I tell ya. Reverse psychology intended to lull ya into a false sense of security. Linus's blanket. Do NOT fall for such a sucker punch as this. Stupit is as stupit does and the Eagles have been nothin' BUT stupit this year.

I'm with Eyrie on this one. NO reason for ANY optimism .... NO reason whatsoever. I've never been this sick and pissed off with an Eagles team as I am with this one.

Eagles STINK.

So maybe that's our only hope. The Cowgirls will pass out from the odor coming across from the other side of the ball and we will steal one.

Ah, the hell with it.
TGryn
It'll be a nice change not to play a team coming off their bye week.
nephillymike
#1. Because even if we lose the game it won't cost you your job, unlike other losses we suffered this week. devil03.gif

#2. At the bar, the beer may be cold and the food may be tasty.

#3. I get to cheer for my two favorite teams at one time, the Eagles and the team that plays Dallas.

#4 Other than that, I got nothing
gone
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Nov 9 2012, 11:14 PM) *
#3. I get to cheer for my two favorite teams at one time, the cowboys and the team that plays Philly

there, fixed it for ya, but for sure he who sucks and swallows bestest wins this one!! ka.gif
SLOiggles
Reasons for optimism

If we win, the season is still alive (albeit on life support)

If we lose, the season is over, and Reid and Vick are gone
Reality Fan
I am psyched for the weekend....played 18 today and will play 18 tomorrow and then come home and watch the birds....can't get any better......I don't know....I guess when I read some of the stuff here it is like guys either play or coach or think they do.......I have complaints about the team as all fans do but I don't play or coach so I love to watch the games....I get pissed when they lose and happy when they win but at the end of the day whatever they do I get up and go to work the next day so the biggest thing I hate about them losing is some of the insanity it produces here...

I can't wait to see who the next coach is here and how fast he is called an idiot or a schmuck by someone who washes dishes in real life but here is a fucking GM of the year......do I sound bitter?....lol
Bez
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Nov 10 2012, 05:50 PM) *
I am psyched for the weekend....played 18 today and will play 18 tomorrow and then come home and watch the birds....can't get any better......I don't know....I guess when I read some of the stuff here it is like guys either play or coach or think they do.......I have complaints about the team as all fans do but I don't play or coach so I love to watch the games....I get pissed when they lose and happy when they win but at the end of the day whatever they do I get up and go to work the next day so the biggest thing I hate about them losing is some of the insanity it produces here...

I can't wait to see who the next coach is here and how fast he is called an idiot or a schmuck by someone who washes dishes in real life but here is a fucking GM of the year......do I sound bitter?....lol
OMG someone is in a good golf mood. My buddy down in Aptos is working at Pebble Beach next week. And yeah , I am looking forward to SNF. GO Birds.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Bez @ Nov 10 2012, 07:30 PM) *
OMG someone is in a good golf mood. My buddy down in Aptos is working at Pebble Beach next week. And yeah , I am looking forward to SNF. GO Birds.

that would be fantastic to play Pebble but that is not a cheap weekend.....I was looking into it and a weekend package that I looked at was 2k......I have played some pricey courses but that is crazy....even Scottsdale is cheaper......I played Troon North, The TPC Scottsdale and Grayhawk on a football trip out to Phoenix and all three combined were less than half that....luckily the Lehigh Valley, that wasteland the Eagles have their TC at if rife with golf courses and most are far bigger and better than the Philly public courses........
Bez
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Nov 10 2012, 07:14 PM) *
that would be fantastic to play Pebble but that is not a cheap weekend.....I was looking into it and a weekend package that I looked at was 2k......I have played some pricey courses but that is crazy....even Scottsdale is cheaper......I played Troon North, The TPC Scottsdale and Grayhawk on a football trip out to Phoenix and all three combined were less than half that....luckily the Lehigh Valley, that wasteland the Eagles have their TC at if rife with golf courses and most are far bigger and better than the Philly public courses........

He is working the 41st Callaway Tourney , not playing . Golf seems to put most folks in a good mood. Imagine a Wingheads tournament laugh.gif We would need refs.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Nov 10 2012, 07:14 PM) *

Those courses have nothing on the across the road holes at Juniata.

Ahh, the fresh smell of sewage in the morning................................Priceless.

Growing up, that was my "home course". Then I got a job and went to some of th ebetter courses, Commonwealth, Manufacturers, Eagle Club?, etc and some of the nicer public ones like Limekiln, Northampton, etc.

Now, if I can, I go once a year, provided work and my degenerative disc cooperate. No pressure at all. When I went a lot, back in the day, I would get all intense, mad, throw clubs etc. Three iron throwing should be an Olympic sport. I could golf in the Sahara and find water on every hole. Now that I golf once a year, if that, my motto is that my worst day at golf is better than my best day at work. And I get more shots for my money!! Golf a little, then hit the club house for beers and a six hour card game. When I can do it, it's a good day. The Pontius Pilate Open on Good Friday!

I hope you are enjoying it!!
Eyrie
Thanks for the positive vibes, but I'm still not convinced.

I still have the Foles era to look forward to, starting next week.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Nov 10 2012, 11:45 PM) *
Those courses have nothing on the across the road holes at Juniata.

Ahh, the fresh smell of sewage in the morning................................Priceless.

Growing up, that was my "home course". Then I got a job and went to some of th ebetter courses, Commonwealth, Manufacturers, Eagle Club?, etc and some of the nicer public ones like Limekiln, Northampton, etc.

Now, if I can, I go once a year, provided work and my degenerative disc cooperate. No pressure at all. When I went a lot, back in the day, I would get all intense, mad, throw clubs etc. Three iron throwing should be an Olympic sport. I could golf in the Sahara and find water on every hole. Now that I golf once a year, if that, my motto is that my worst day at golf is better than my best day at work. And I get more shots for my money!! Golf a little, then hit the club house for beers and a six hour card game. When I can do it, it's a good day. The Pontius Pilate Open on Good Friday!

I hope you are enjoying it!!

Commonwealth is nice as is Hartfeld........I have played a bunch of tournies down your way but there are someting like 85 courses within 40 mintues of me that I don't travel too far anymore.......I do want to play CC of Philly though...still working on that one.

I am off to shower and hit the links and then come home and watch the birds kill romo or Romo kill the Cowboys...

enjoy the day gents
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.